Welsh Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blu, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Blu

Blu Active Member

I have a friend who is dabbling with tsw2 on ps4 however he thinks he's being short changed for not having a PC. I've told him that the Welsh routes are on TS1 So only on PC! TSW2 is a different sim. He's really excited about Rivet Games Cornwall route for the Class 150.

It got me thinking that Rivet or DTG could make a Welsh Valleys route from the same era Using the 150 the class 37 and add a class 56 and class 143 pacer, and do the valley from Merthyr down to the docks or Newport with coal and passengers. I'm sure at this point all the bad pacers (142s had been transferred north) .

• Like Like x 2
  2. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

more information and details and photo. also for people outside uk, please tell what is welsh.

3. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Wales is one of 4 countries in the UK.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well the 150 as it stands is pretty much borked and the subject of a campaign/petition for DTG and Rivet to sort before people buy the Cornish route. Cardiff Valleys would be a good choice for a first Welsh route, though, with the opportunity for a network style layout depending how many of the branches were included and the era.

• Like Like x 2
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The Valley Lines would be really excellent to have in-game, I don't think(?) They were in TS, so having these in TSW would be a good route to have.

And Wales really is a beautiful country, and it deserves a place in game. :)

One of the Four constituent countries of the UK (3 if Northern Ireland isn't counted)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blu

Blu Active Member

Sorry I always assume people are geographically literate. Wales is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland. It has a devolved government these days, something like Hong Kong is to China after the hand back. It is lovely area of the UK with many valleys in the south that are populated by former Coal mining towns and villages. Due to the UK's move to renewable energy in recent years and past government decisions from the 1980s many of the mines in this area and the North East of England, and East Midlands were closed causing mass un employment.

With regard railways they still have many lines that provide links into the main cities of Cardiff ( the Capital) Newport and Swansea. In the past many of these lines also served the mines, and the ports at all three cities and the steel works at LLanwern and Porth Talbot.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  7. Blu

Blu Active Member

hope this helps

• Like Like x 1