Before I Start A Poll On Which System You Use

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by borg#1850, Oct 23, 2021.

1. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Just asking if there has been a poll on which system everyone uses?
    PC
    PS4 Any version
    XBox Any version
    I am interested to know who uses what and in what percentage. Might give an idea into why the way DTG work. Especially after all the issues Consoles have been having and the amount of bugs we seem to be putting up with. Are there more PC users than all consoles.

Thanks

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd imagine there may be more pc users here, if a lot of people have moved over from TS to TSW, but in general, Matt said the opportunity for sales was significantly higher for third parties developing on TSW than TS, so it may be that consoles are a higher percentage overall. Probably worth splitting fully into PS4/PS5/Xbox Whatever the Gen 8 one is/Series S/X too. For every person complaining Gen 9 are impossible to get, there seem to be a couple more who already have them.

Again, I'm not sure these forums will give you a genuine representation of the world at large - would be much more useful if someone at DTG could provide an actual sales breakdown, even if it was just a percentage pie chart and not absolute values.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Sam has said before that the sales are split fairly evenly across PC, PlayStation and XBox. So that would indicate there are twice as many console players as PC players.

I personally play on both. If I want a serious session with My Raildriver and Track Ir, then it has to be PC. But most of the time I prefer to play in front of the TV with Coffee and snacks on my PlayStation.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You won’t get any decent results with a poll because of the nature of polls. The truth is that there are many more players on console than PC and we have been told that it is a roughly equal three-way split between PC, xbox and PS, which is a diplomatic answer to keep the peace.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This presumes that DTG are changing their business practice based on statistics, but if you hang around long enough you'll know that the stuff DTG is releasing now isn't too much dissimilar from the stuff they were releasing in 2017, ie "OK but not spectacular" and "Someone with decent knowledge and access to the editor will come along and do it up properly later" (normally AP when it comes to TS1)

The best way to deal with such issues is to think about what we HAVE rather than what we want to have. It's very unlikely that DTG will ever give us an exact replica of our dream route, but what they do give us for the most part is an acceptable facsimile
    Very rarely do DTG serve up utter tripe, although some 3rd parties might be a different matter