Br Class 313 - The Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

I thought it would be cool to make a thread where everyone can leave their thoughts and feedback on the Class 313 loco add-on which is being streamed right now :D

Let me know what you think of it so far! And any feedback you have :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. NickFarrant

NickFarrant Active Member

Looks fantastic so far! A few little bugs to iron out but bring on release day. :D

Very impressed with what I have seen on stream, thank you DTG.

Regards,
    Nick

• Like Like x 1
  3. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yeah I enjoyed what I saw. Sounds good and I am happy with the Timetable Substitution.
    Look forward to release.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I like what I see so far. Will wait for the launch stream to check they’ve sorted the sound occlusion, But after the disappointment of the DB 187, I’m probably going to get this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't have any complaints besides the little bugs that’ll probably be ironed out before the release. Overall, I'm impressed.

6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Looks good, but do the southern 313’s irl have door opening sounds- if so I can’t hear them in game

• Like Like x 1
  7. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I join the others here, I like what I see, beautiful Train. I'm looking forward to Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

They do have them in real life, they used to be generic ones (I think the same one as the 465s) but more recently they've been changed to the ones used on the Class 800s.

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Looks good , but there is no door opening sound in TSW , there is in real life

• Like Like x 1
  10. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was impressed with what I saw but will reserve full judgement until I see the release version on Thursday.

It’s disappointing the BR Blue special livery was not included and I’m frustrated that the 313 completely replaces the 377 on the Seaford branch. I’ve seen videos were both trains operate on the Seaford branch so having one or the other is a shame.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I turned the stream off because it sounded like the external sounds were playing inside the cab. I’d rather hear it as it would be in the release and as I can’t buy it yet anyway I thought there wasn’t much point watching any longer.

13. formulabee#1362

I also forgot to add that we do not have enough set up time - 30 secs is not enough and it was a massive shame there was no bug blue, especially with how long this train took to make

• Like Like x 1
  14. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Surely that would be a pretty easy add for an artist at DTG, and could be dropped in the way the Trainbow livery is on SEHS.

It would be simple enough to recreate our own livery, but we need more control on when custom liveries appear. Being able to assign a livery to one specific train number or a group of them would be ideal for situations like this.

• Like Like x 5
  15. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything where Matt mentioned 'hand notching' of the controller, or did I miss this?

It should be possible to stop the resistances cutting out in between power notches by returning to your previous lower power notch to keep the train at the current acceleration. Eg. You don't want all of the resistance removed (ie the acceleration) of the series notch, so you go to series, and back to shunt to prevent taking all the full power of series.

This is the most interesting and best part of the camshaft controller, and stops the train jerking when you shut off from a high notch by planning ahead.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

The rationale behind the timetable duplication. I might be wrong but I couldn’t help but wonder whether it was so it didn’t cause console layering issues?

Looks like an interesting train though. I’m not fussed about ECW but thinking it could be nice for a5th train on Brighton mainline.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Factor41

I thought that, rather than add in loads of extra trains and potentially over complicate things, the new timetable simply puts the 313 in the services it should be running.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Matt opened the cab window in case you missed that part..., I enjoyed watching the stream, nice sound and nice visuals. Much impressed of what i saw.

Day 1 purchais for me.

No i wont start a thread now that toilet flushing sounds are missing.

Add: by the way i like the gmsr radio is turning on and you can contact signaller, cool little feature.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

One of the reasons for the second Timetable is that the TSW2 Substitute System is unable to swap a four unit Train like the 377 with a three unit Train 313.

Another reason could be, if DTG had simply completely replaced the 377 on the Seaford trips, we would probably have a result like on Arosa. A Train that is never on time

• Like Like x 1
  20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s about time there was more buttons to press :cool:

21. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

How is progress on the new timetable counted towards overall progress on the route? (I.e complete 100 services achievement)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Factor41

I suspect 313 services will count as services for the route trophy set, but there will be a specific distance trophy (probably 313miles) in the 313 set. That's how it usually works.

23. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Matt did open the cab window, but when he later tried to close it the sounds still didn’t change. He acknowledged there was an occlusion bug for cab sound in the build he was playing. So tune in to next week's stream if you want to hear the proper in cab sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

It looked great, I do like having many of the fuses working at the back for dynamic braking, door control, etc and a working guard's panel is always appreciated.

I did notice that the station stop times were not rounded to the nearest 30 seconds, like most other routes are, which seems a bit strange. (I've not yet watched the entire stream so apologies if this was mentioned later.)

• Like Like x 1
  25. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'm with you there. So disappointing to not have the BR Blue, hopefully modders will come to the rescue. The train is well done, not a fan of the livery hence why I miss the BR Blue, lol.

I know there were problems with the sound especially when he opened the window and nothing happened. I did give out a big sigh though when the excuses started coming for why they didn't show it on the BML. If it had not of been broken the 313 would have been a great advert for the BML I just hope it doesn't take as long to fix the BML as it did to make the 313!

• Like Like x 1
  26. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Wait, why would that limit the 423 from being on SKA? It would just be a complete replacement for the 422 as the 423 is the only train (besides the 420) that runs there IRL.

27. formulabee#1362

423 is branded in Munich s bahn

28. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Have you considered the reason why SKA uses the 422 is because the 423 wasn't in the game when SKA was released?

They're not Class 700 services - those services used to run with 465s and ran into Cannon Street (or Charing Cross one of the two). They have since been taken over (relatively recently) by Thameslink 700s though.

• Like Like x 3
  29. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

If I can remember the current ECW timetable correctly, there is 8 car 377 services that would probably still serve the Seaford branch in the 313 timetable. I'm sure one comes out of Brighton in the earky morning and runs all stations to Seaford and then works a London Victoria service which you can drive as far as Lewes.
    I believe it also does the reverse sometime in the evening where you can pick up the service from Lewes.
    As long as this is kept in the Seaford branch won't be completely void of 377's.

30. Clumsy Pacer

UK railtours can have TVL 37s or NTP 45s, but you don't get the 45 on TVL or the 37 on NTP for example.

I think the difference here is that those locos (don't know what the british loco you talk of is), is that their simply substituting with earlier implementations of themselves. The 422 and 423 are completely different trains.

31. Clumsy Pacer

And they could easily make it clear that it isn't standalone within the stream - in the stream title, call it the "East Coastway Class 313". Preface it with "You need East Coastway in order to use the 313", and maybe say that periodically whenever it's appropriate. If someone then thinks they don't need ECW, then frankly it's on them - it's like buying something based off an advert and then complaining about something that was clearly stated in the small-print - and this isn't even smallprint. 4/10; needs better excuse.

I haven't watched the full thing, did they at least show what the BML services are?

32. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

It all looks great to be honest, although I'm a bit disappointed that the BR Blue livery wasn't included on the one unit that runs it (given that unique liveries are clearly possible - eg. Trainbow).

More than that, I wish they'd taken the opportunity when creating the new timetable for the 313 to finally add in the Victoria - Eastbourne/Ore 377 services as the eastern portion of the route is still only half-full, and presumably the issue with not having enough 377/4s would now be immaterial with the 313 timetable. I'd have really liked to see these included and it's frustrating that despite the lengthy development period these weren't included as it would have really rounded off ECW.

Outside of that (and the bugs that I'm sure will be fixed on release), it looks excellent and I'm looking forward to driving it.

• Like Like x 2
  33. formulabee#1362

I’m just disappointed there is no door opening chimes

34. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

SEHS is set in the middle of 2020, well after 700s took over the work.

35. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I think they showed some services at the end of the video I can't remember, my concentration was wandering by then, lol. They kept repeating they wanted to concentrate on the ECW and show it in it's required route which made me chuckle as the real reason was that the BML is broken and I bet they would of loved to show it working on the BML.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  36. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yes, they said "12" but in actual fact I think there were four, because in timetable mode if the train changes ends then its "a different service" (Matt says that if they don't do this then avatars and lights end up at he wrong end (which does beg questions as to how such things are programmed))
    One of the "services" is literally marked as 1 minute long...

37. NickFarrant

NickFarrant Active Member

Image taken from the livestream, thanks to DTG.

Here is a few I spotted on stream.

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  38. ARuscoe

1:03:39 onwards on the stream

39. Clumsy Pacer

Yeah this is seen on Cathcart - I don't understand how it's happened tbh. You see 314s coming into Glasgow from the depot with tail lights on the front.

40. Clumsy Pacer

Thanks. I think that service would be interesting tbh. It'd be nice to see it, or part of it, on the release stream.

41. ARuscoe

Oh, you can tell how it's happened
    Trains have been assigned an A end and a B end
    In the scenario settings the driver's starting position has been set and the lights and so on are linked to this setting
    If the driver has to change ends this setting doesn't migrate with the driver

So you end up in a position where a train may need to drive "B end first" from a depot onto platform, then change ends and drive "A end first" for the remainder of the route. This would end up with the train driving effectively backwards out of depot with the driver at the wrong end and the lights back to front (or all lights on as seen in the Boston preview)

I guess it's easier to program it that way than figure out a method of saying "The AI will drive backwards here, but because they're shunting they should only have yard markers on" which is what would generally happen IRL

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. dubsox

dubsox Member

No flange sounds is a huge deal breaker for me, it completely kills immersion. This is also an issue with the 377 on BML. Please fix this DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  43. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to turn off the constant annoying fan sounds as constantly drowns motors out compared to class 314 in Cathcart circle

44. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

The lights are a bit annoying the way they clip in as the train approaches then go out immediately as the train moves away from the player.

45. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

For me, the physics model of the 313 has changed since it first launched and not in a good way. When starting off in notch one the train basically launches itself. I enjoy driving it other than that, and I find it a challenge to keep it as a set speed going up hill with how the power have to be adjusted compared to other units.

46. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Not that I'm aware of. 313s work very differently to 314s and likely a good reason why they're needed.

• Like Like x 1
  47. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Still no fixes for the 313 despite DTG saying it will be fixed ‘shortly’ after release. Have DTG just completely forgotten about it? Either way, it isn’t acceptable.

• Like Like x 3