Content Market Place

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ben#4827, Oct 24, 2021.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

There should be a option where people make liverys and upload them so people can download them. If dtg made liverys then I could cost a small price but other people would be able to make liverys

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

It's been said on stream that this is something being looked at for livery designer 2.0, and also scenario planner 2.0 if I remember correctly :)

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nice, i missed that somehow.

Makes sense, right now we dont have much classic / pre 2000 routes, so at one point our current livery system start to make problems as they randomly get choosen in service mode.

Basicly each route should have the option to manage the liveries, which can be loaded for service layers, so we can deactivate modern paints on steam routes for example.

• Like Like x 1
  4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I hope this will also work on consoles. Because lot's of game do this only for PC.

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Blame consoles. As apparently those platforms aren't as flexible as PC, and apparently it's more tricky to add the required tech to consoles.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The technicality is the middle man... How is the content provided to the console user. At the moment all TSW2 content is published by DTG, so if they wanted to do this reskin sharing there would likely need to be a system (controlled by DTG) to get he reskins onto consoles.
    With PC you can just download files and copy them into the right places

Another issue with reskins as it stands is that you have the "normal skin" and then can have up to one other in any given scenario, and that one other will be randomly applied to consists across the timetable or scenario. Hopefully they change this in 2.0 so that you could apply by train number or something like that which would allow much better control over what assets get what skins

7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I blame the developers as it is possible on console. If developers want to sell their stuff on consoles they just will have to do the extra effort to make it work on consoles