PC Ai Trains Get Sometimes Stuck After Loading Savegame

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Mighy, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Mighy

Mighy Member

Hello Support Team,

I have the recurring issue that AI trains do not continue their journey after loading a savegame. That happens about 1 time out of 10. Usually they get stuck in a station or on a (once) red signal. Due London commuter has so much services, here the probabillity of the issue is very high, so I had it several times. But also on SEHS I had it more than one time.

So I hope you can help...

Best regards!

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The save game feature is broke as has been since the start it.

3. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Happened with me on Xbox One too.

4. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

Two recent save game experiences:
    * Dresden - AI trains ahead of mine were stuck with the doors open. Closing them moved the train on but further down there were other trains stuck at red signals.
    * Brighton - I saved the game whilst stood at a signal outside Brighton waiting for the platform to be cleared by a departing AI train. The AI train appeared just after I had saved. When I reloaded, the signal I was at refused to clear. The AI train passed me by alright but the event which should have cleared my signal can't have happened.

So I don't think it's 100% reliable.

5. emdzej

emdzej Member

Me too. After load, stuck on red light. Previously it was green. Brighton, before Gatwick, scenario Redirection (translated). Xbox

6. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

It happens in all routes, the first service in the journey for CRR, Limited Power, will not work if you save anytime before the AI locomotive moves the cars it is supposed to. The 7th part of Greenbriar turn, though it does not seem to work anyway, will lock up the AI train if you do a save prior to its passing. Any save and restart in LBM will result in breaking everything in that scenario.

7. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

I don't know if it's because I upgraded from TSW to TSW2 about the same time as the UE 4.26 upgrade, but it got dramatically worse for me and it's still not very reliable. I've finally got sick of it after being stopped halfway through a journey and put a support ticket in.

Glad to hear Matt acknowledging the bug, on one of his recent streams - that's the first time I've heard that from DTG.

The fact that the save game facility doesn't work reliably on both TSW2 and TS - entirely different systems - indicates a programming quality/standards/supervisory problem, that's been allowed to fester for far too long.

Is there an update on this please DTG Natster and what priority does it have ?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Saving is basically still a feature very much in open beta.