Lirr Extension

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sylvain, Apr 30, 2020.

1. sylvain

sylvain Member

I would like to see an extension on the hicksville lirr in ronkonkoma see up to greenport and jamaica a long beach to give an idea here is a photo

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to them add other branch lines of the lirr. I like to see them add the port Washington branch or the oyster bay branch to help expand The service and gameplay

• Like Like x 2
  3. sylvain

sylvain Member

[QUOTE = "mlouie100, post: 129208, membre: 11003"] Je voudrais qu'ils ajoutent d'autres ramifications de la lirr. J'aime les voir ajouter la branche port Washington ou la branche oyster bay pour aider à étendre le service et le gameplay [/ QUOTE]

sais aussi une bonne idée d'ajouter ce bout de ligne je me suis déjà dit

• Like Like x 1
  4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see Port Jefferson because it’s 1 hour and 35 minute train ride from Hicksville to Port Jefferson stopping at Syosset,Cold spring harbor,Huntington,Greenlawn,Northport,Kong’s park,Smithtown,St James,Stony brook and Port Jefferson or Huntington to port Jefferson is a 48 minute train ride.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. sylvain

sylvain Member

[QUOTE = "mrchuck, post: 129217, member: 9579"] J'aimerais vraiment voir Port Jefferson parce que c'est 1 heure et 35 minutes en train de Hicksville à Port Jefferson s'arrêtant à Syosset, Cold spring harbour, Huntington, Greenlawn, Northport , Le parc de Kong, Smithtown, St James, le ruisseau Stony et Port Jefferson ou Huntington jusqu'au port Jefferson sont à 48 minutes en train. [/ DEVIS]

yes it would not be bad, me but especially after hicksville which will interest me because hicksville is not a terminus station

6. sylvain

sylvain Member

[QUOTE = "mrchuck, post: 129217, member: 9579"]

but the first line that I would like to see with an extension know that of san francisco and which no longer ends in san jose but in gilroy

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It's about time they Extended this route along with others. Other people have been calling for extensions for routes for a long time. This route isn't even that long.

8. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

Can the extension to Greenport be part of the update of LIRR in December? I would love to see it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mrchuck

would this update include the Dm30ac locomotive?

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about going to Babylon Branch using the Flyover at Hillside facility. One more word no necroposting

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't see the issue with necroposting. It's better to bring back an old thread than making a new one each time someone thinks about extending LIRR.

But yeah, a LIRR extension would be great. I don't see much chance of it happening, but would live to see it regardless. Could be one of the branches that would feature the LIRR diesels.

• Like Like x 1
  12. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I don't think we will see a large scale route extension. It would make the route quite long, and chew up time the devs could use to bring more diverse routes/locos in. The LIRR already has 3 branches in NY, and 3 branches on Long Island if you include Belmont. It also already has a loco DLC, so I doubt any more will follow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrchuck

14. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well with that loco DLC it still only has two type of rolling stock on the route, while a typical german route will launch with like 3 type of rolling stock (and then new DLCs and substituion from other routes). And the timetable is horribly unrealistic and dead. And many routes have more than one loco DLC, so I don't see the issue with LIRR getting another one.

As for length, true, the resources to do it could be used elsewhere. But with adding a new branch or two (or extending existing ones), it would open up the possibility of a DE30AC/DM30AC DLC, which would be a new add-on with sales just like any other DLC. And instead if creating an entirely new route, they would just have to use mostly existing assets to extend an already existing route.

So from a business standpoint, it could be potential income source just like any new add-on they publish, maybe with even less work. The biggest challenge would be to figure out how route extensions would work, as this topic has already been discussed before.

Anyway, while I don't see it happening in the near future, I would really like to see either extensions for LIRR, or at least a diesel DLC for LIRR. Even without extension, a DA30AC/DM30AC pack would fill in the empty timetable more.

• Like Like x 2
  15. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Try NYC - Babylon as well as Long Beach.

16. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I've always had the notion that it might be a great idea for DTG to one day revisit the Long Island Railroad, not just to revamp the current route, but to build a new one from the ground up.

But Sky, you might ask, why use up precious resources on something with largely the same experience that we already have?
    Ah, dear reader, that's where we have plentiful options. The LIRR is a large system with plenty of avenues to explore.
    More specifically, DTG could look into making a new branch line on the LIRR, while rebuilding and enhancing the areas around Penn Station, Long Island City, and Jamaica Station. Not only that, but they could launch this route with a new loco, with that being the Kawasaki M9 (Or at least sell it as a loco pack).

This new hypothetical route could also include new features, such as night lighting, a more robust timetable, and of course the New York City skyline as you proceed westward.
    This could be comparable to the recently released Brighton Mainline, but of course this time with an American flavor.

If DTG wants to stick to the theme of Rush Hour for the rest of the year, I believe a remake of the LIRR would make for an excellent candidate. Given that posts like these keep popping up in suggestions, I feel as though there's still interest in this area.
    With its current capabilities, I think the devs can give this route some justice, and truly provide that busy metropolitan rush.

• Like Like x 3
  17. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

I got one but it could be a separate route LIRR Babylon and Far Rockaway Branches with DE30/DM30 with the bi-level cars and for MU equipment M1 and M3

• Like Like x 1
  18. jack.amos.amj

jack.amos.amj New Member

But I would say it would have to come with rush hour passengers just to make even better if the extention was done.

19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

LIRR is the busiest commuter railroad in North America. This would fit perfectly with the rush hour theme. DTG have said why they don't do extensions but when posts like these pop up, it shows that there is still interest in this route. Extensions like these could turn a profit and could interest people who may not own lirr to get the route plus a extension. A new line would have to be made anyway to add the DE30/DM30AC trains. The Oyster Bay Branch would be a perfect line to add. It's the line that splits off the main line when arriving/leaving Mineloa and once past East Williston, the line is no longer electrified. The Oyster Bay Branch goes from Penn Station Via Mineola to Oyster Bay.

Although I'd prefer if DTG finally fixed the M7 audio issue that hasn't been fixed for a year before adding new content to LIRR

• Like Like x 3
  20. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Don't forget without the DE/DM30AC, we still have Hunterspoint Av and Long Island City in the game ghost town...I gave up on this DLC many months ago...so many bugs including sound issues...timetable feels way to inaccurate and DEAD!...I also wished their were Ai only Amtrak trains in and out of Penn Station..And I know I may want too much, but I think at least the full Port Washington and Huntington lines should've been in the game..And then probably add extra service in the game between Jamaica and NYP/Atlantic Term to fill traffic for the City Zone parts.

• Like Like x 3
  21. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

these timetable scenarios are dead plus they dont have any timetables that start at LIC the DM30 was a missed opportunity

22. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Yea the scenarios are not that exciting...the M3 scenarios almost feel like the m7 scenarios...like the Ferrying Folks is the opposite of Change at Jamaica, just they skip few stops...The DM/E30AC were def missed opportunities especially no timetable service in and out of LIC and Hunterspoint Av....I guess the only thing is the scenario planner to use them.

23. mrchuck

Hopefully they’ll add the Dual mode diesel locomotives along with like the oyster bay Branch or port Jefferson Branch which is the scenic Branch on the Long Island railroad it would definitely be awesome to see more traffic on the lirr route with the dual mode diesel locomotive.

24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Babylon Branch is mostly elevated since I suggested that in here.