West Cornwall When Is It Being Released

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by brownminiaday, Oct 26, 2021.

1. brownminiaday

brownminiaday New Member

I thought may be we would get it released this Thursday a week later. Any thoughts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll tell us when it's being released.
    Don't expect it on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

it would be this thursday so...

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s already out on Xbox

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Possibly Thursday 4th November all being well according to tonight’s DTG stream

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They need to fixed the Destinations on the 150 as well because it’s also broken.

7. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

With trophies tin tin on ps4?

• Like Like x 1
  8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I suspect not unfortunately

9. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Shame, o well, cheers for info

10. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Its actually been taken down by Microsoft

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mischief

Mischief Member

By DTG's request, of course

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Will people who have paid already get it for free when it is re-released ?

13. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes, they already confirmed this it will just come through as a normal update.

14. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

If you’ve already bought it during the one day it was on sale, you should be able to play it now. I understand that a patch will be issued when the “proper” version is released.

15. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

it's only been taken off the store for the people who have already brought it still keep it and can still pay it

16. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Don't even bother with changing cabs with the 150, no changeover switch means you have to disengage the brakes which leaves you with an out of control train with no brakes, or a train that cannot be driven. Clearly the testing has been woeful and I expect vast and rapid improvements with regards to this department.
    If anyone says have you tried this button, I've been through every button on both cabs with the same outcome on every occasion

17. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

If you've already bought it and downloaded it you can play it now! If you've bought it but not installed it then if it isn't in your add-on list in your games and apps then when it's re-released you'll just have to install it!

18. junior hornet

A bit premature for comments regarding bugs. We already know there are “Class A” bugs which is why it has been pulled. This may very well be one of the bugs that has been spotted and is being fixed. It might be worth letting them know in the Technical Reports forum just in case it isn’t.

I agree with you totally on the lack of testing though.

19. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I have got it going, turns out the brakes need to be in step 1 in the rear cab for some reason, which seems a bit weird

20. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I hope it is not released until they have the design realistic with the location and the buildings in place that look like what you see from the route. Truro Cathedral, St. Michael’s Mount, St Ives Harbour and Porthminster beach, Carbis Bay and Penzance all looked like a childs impression and not very professional. DTG have set a standard and BML looks fantastic, but West Cornwall does not meet those standards that you would expect from a third party designer. Skyhook did an impressive job on Cane Creek that matches what you see on Google Earth. West Cornwall does not resemble the Cornish route even slightly.

Some work to do from Jasper and the Rivet team and if presented how it should look it will be truly awesome. I am happy to wait for them to get it right. I sincerely hope they do!!! We will find out on November 4th and if it is no better, it will be the the first route I don’t want.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  21. junior hornet

I doubt if the scenery is something they will be changing prior to release (if ever). The delay is for bugs that DTG testers found that stop the game working properly. I have been playing the “bugged” version for the last week and, to be honest, despite the scenery and landmarks not being totally accurate (I have to laugh at the scenery around Redruth Station, it reminds me of Bekonscot model village), it is a perfectly enjoyable drive in my opinion. The stations themselves are generally good and the viaducts are well modelled.

I really hope they will revisit this as well as the 150/2 sounds in the future but I wouldn’t hold my breath if past experience with Rivet products is anything to go by.

22. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Matt said in the recent Q&A with Sam that they still intend to release routes with a full set of trophies on PS4 so it would be very disappointing if West Cornwall doesn't come with them.

• Like Like x 1
  23. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I hope they fix the brakes in the 37 before they re-release it. Everytime I've coupled or uncoupled to the Turbots or Seacows the brakes have switched from Vacuum to Air goods. Something that I'm assuming wouldn't happen in real life

• Like Like x 1
  24. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

The scenery like you described around Redruth is extremely poor all over and as a route I know well, it’s a shame that Rivet haven’t paid more attention to getting it accurate and making it feel Cornish. I know the route well and will refrain from buying it. The first route I won’t invest in until the scenery has been improved or when it’s down to 50% off. Rivet do make the stations and locomotives look accurate but don’t bother with the scenery. As this game evolves and develops further in the future, gamers will expect the scenery to be realistic especially as other train simulators are released. I hope Jasper takes on board these comments as Rivet have a wonderful chance to stamp their mark in the industry by designing a first class route. Lets face it, it’s not rocket science to get it right and there is very little, compared to other routes, in regards to the scenery to make accurate. Unfortunately in the past Rivet haven’t designed an accurate route in terms of scenery. What they have done with the Arosa line in my opinion looks good but to those that know it there were glaring omissions. I cannot find fault with their engine designs, they all look so good and accurate, I just wish they would concentrate on the scenery more in future too.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  25. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

I've been playing the route and enjoying it, although I am disappointed with the Class 150 sound. Class 47 with 8 on in scenario planner was great fun.
    Like all of the recent releases, there's plenty to enjoy if you focus on what works rather than what doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  26. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Just a reminder this is Rivet we are talking about. The scenery issue is same just like IOW, and Arosalinie.

Its not like they have hired some brilliant new scenery artist since Arosa. Why would you think it would change for this one?

Seems to me Rivet is really good at modeling locos, not so good with the sound or scenery. Its like trains TSW quality and scenery is TS1 quality.

And Skyhook are great with the scenery and really bad at locos and sounds.