The Correct German Station Pis Boards For Smaller Stations

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Br425, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

So the current German station PIS boards are actually accurate for big stations.
    But for smaller stations, the PIS boards are much smaller and work differently. They only have a small display with one line of text. If there is no train on the platform due in the next 10 minutes, this display only shows the time as a standing text. 10 minutes before the departure of a train, a text starts running on the display. It says the following:

[Line number] nach [destination], Abfahrt [departure time] auf Gleis [platform number]

If there is a delay, it says:

Information zu [Line number] nach [destination], Abfahrt [original departure time], heute etwa [delay given in minutes] Minuten später.

Example:
    Zeit.jpg Here, there is no train due in the next 10 minutes

Minuten.jpg Here, a train is delayed by 25 minutes.

The text runs through the line once, then followed by three + (+++), followed by the time running through, followed again by three + and then the whole thing repeats continuously until the train has left.

Unfortunately, I do not have a video of these which I believe would be very helpful for developing them. If somebody has a video, please post it below.
    EDIT: I just saw someone has posted several videos of these in a thread in off-topic (as of now the latest post in the thread)! They will be really helpful. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-passenger-information-screen-thread.43095/

For the new route Tharandter Rampe, these PIS boards are actually being used in Dresden-Plauen (minute 3:49), Kleinschirma (minute 35:32), Frankenstein (minute 37:53), Falkenau Süd (minute 46:52) and Flöha (minute 48:50) as you can see in this YouTube video:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  2. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Yes, I totaly agree, we need this ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea and in the West German routes RRO RSN Main Spessart Bahn SKA these will work for it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Yeah that's true

• Like Like x 2
  5. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

That is right, I think basically every route could have them because there are "smaller" stations everywhere. I would not expect them to get added to older routes though, but maybe new routes can get them at some point...

• Like Like x 1