Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by smugstarlord#4202, Oct 28, 2021.

1. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Any idea if DTG are sorting trophy support for further releases or is that it completely stopped for TSW2?

2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

I think it's toast, for now, still holding a candle for wcl next week, but think I'm fooling myself

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They're trying to figure it out with Sony. Can't see any reason they wouldn't be able to add trophies back in to routes once they find a way around the stupid limit so it's just 'on hold' until then. As are my purchases.

4. smugstarlord#4202

Me too. I really hope they sort it because a big part of the game is going to be missing for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I should be enjoying the 313 right about now, but nope.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’m with Factor41 and Mat_Jam_Ca and TinTin_57

the deal is off :D (such a shame) actually enjoying the break if I’m honest.

fingers crossed for some news erm before the year out if we are lucky as we know it’s won’t be right away.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

+1

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DTG Natster (Hello) any chance of some sort of sticky being added on the PS side of the forum? The DLC cap has one, would make sense when you/DTG have some kind of news to create this and give others the chance to feedback here and ask questions too.

It’s a similar show stopper for many who don’t want to chop and change DLC…as many simply won’t purchase without trophy’s.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

looks like achievements for the 313 are not available as well on xbox and they also claim steam as well but have seem the 313 achievements on steam just now this whole situation is a right mess now

• Like Like x 3
  10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

literally just saw a post on the Xbox side of things, I have both consoles so not trespassing. Awful jokes aside….

I’d love to know why new locos aren’t getting achievements!!!! :(

11. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

because of the PS side of things they have a limited amount of achievement sets they can now add so loco dlc wont get achivements just the routes until this trophy issue can be solved

12. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

The final dlc i have buyed after the news of the trophies it was 1938 tube stock, neither BR187 or the route that was delayed i have buyed or gonna buy, even on a sale. For me tsw 2 is over. I stick with the routes i have put at 100% and bye bye.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

100% same for me. 1938 and out (for now)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

It’s really sad, but I am too in the same boat.
    I will no longer purchase any dlc until trophy support is added again.
    Never been much of a loco dlc buyer, only own like 3 dlc locos packs. The routes on the other hand I’m only missing two (clinchfield and cane creek), which I’d probably buy, but due to the dlc cap…Nope!
    If trophies will be added to routes at a later date that’s fine. I will hold off on my purchases until then.
    Hope DTG sort it out soon, they will be losing a lot of profits from their customers.

• Like Like x 4
  17. TinTin_57

Would be nice to have time frames announced for the likely resolution or decision for the trophy and dlc limit issues

• Like Like x 2
  18. Factor41

I had no interest in either 38 or 187. Would have liked the 313 and would have considered WCL, but they can stay in the maybe pile for the future, if/when all this mess is resolved. As I've said before, I have plenty of stuff to finish on all the other routes, and there are a couple of other legacy routes (with trophies) that I might consider when they get reduced enough. No need to spend on incomplete DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

The Trophy issue is a kick in the teeth for the playstation but do you think it is Sony's fault rather than DTG? But with the latest Announcement saying only new routes on the XBox and PC will get Achivements (even though you can at the moment with the 313 on steam but that might change) why is the other platforms getting punished? Seems a bit draconian to me.

But with all the issues on playstation this comes as a real downer, I hope they can fix it for you guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Some advice… you probably won’t like it…

For now, assume TSW2 is a game without trophies, and just enjoy driving the ruddy trains. Or play something else and get that tick on your profile.

If the trophies are the important part of gaming and not the things you do to get the trophies (the game itself and its content) then it should be no great loss that TSW2 doesn’t have trophies at the moment. Other games do, and as the trophies are more important than the form of the game, go play those.

Trophies are a huge pile of bunkum that have nothing to do with the content of the game. At the moment there are players that can’t get the content due to other issues, so don’t deprive yourself of the enjoyment of the trains just because of a lack of the randomly assigned and meaningless goals called trophies. I urge you all to think differently about what matters and what is meaningless fluff on top. Drive the trains. That’s why you play train simulators and not other games. You don’t need the pat on the back for completing your first service or scenario x or anything else. It is not important. The content is important, be happy you can get it. Or play something else and get your trophy.

• Like Like x 10
  21. dhekelian

I think you should stop sitting on the fence and say what you really think, LOL.

I don't think you can just write off trophies on the PS down to how you feel about the game. Trophies are a big thing on the PS and always have been I think. Then you tell the PS owners to drive the trains, is that aimed at PS4 owners or PS5 owners because with all the problems they are having they are struggling to do that as well.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Personally I couldn't give a toss about trophy's. They never have had any impact whatsoever on what I choose to play, most seem to be achieved by doing the most trivial things anyway.
    I do understand that it bothers some people but, as stujoy says it shouldn't define the game and whether you play it or not.
    There's plenty of other trophy's to get in other games if that is the case but ultimately are you a gamer or a trophy hunter?
    I totally appreciate though that with the current issues it's just the final straw that broke the camels back.
    Perhaps DTG could do a trophy simulator game!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

When has announcing time frames ever worked out well for DTG? Just seems like a pointless request tbh, announcing a date won´t actually hold them to it, they´ll simply delay it anyway if it takes longer, which it inevitably will, because these problems always do.

To be honest, I am forever amazed at how seriously people in all games and on all platforms take trophies/achievements, many of them are little more than useless grind activities, and there is no actual reward associated with gaining them, other than self-accomplishment, which I guess is the motivator. Still, even in TSW, the achievements are so lightweight it has never given me any sense of achievement, compare getting a trophy for completing x amount of services, to the first time you run a German route with PZB on without triggering an emergency brake... Seems daft to get a reward for one fairly trivial achievement and then nothing for a task which requires some element of learning and understanding of a complex thing, tbh much like the reward system in game, which doesn´t take into account anything more complex than stopping on a marker.

Obviously, DTG should find a way to fix trophies if they can, but to stop playing a game on the basis of the trophies to me just indicates it isn´t the actual game you are playing, it is the platform-level reward system, and as Stujoy says, you can just play that system in any other title if it is really so important.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Now tell us what you really think and don't hold back. :)

Actually, I wholeheartedly agree. If you don't enjoy running the rails for the sheer pleasure of it, maybe another game is in your future. To say that you're not going to buy the 313 or any other dlc because they don't come with trophies tells me that trains are really not your thing. I get it, but then again, I don't get it.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s not just about the trophies for me. The main thing is the PS5 DLC limit and performance issues. I’m not deleting any more existing DLC and I don’t want to buy any new DLC until I know it performs well with no significant FPS drops or crashes.

• Like Like x 6
  26. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Wow some great opinions…

which we are all entitled to :| (yawn)

however here is a FACT. All DLC has had trophy’s from day one for this charming bag of bolts of a game.

So to suddenly run out of them due to both limits and bad planning is shoddy. Most who has got used to this routine of new route, new loco… heck even a new game as there is more to life that TSW… you expect trophy’s!!! Every time :love: hence the annoyance on here.

again opinions all over the place here.
    Some trophy hunters? Get a job (kidding) how many games are there? Thousands… a batch of 10 for a route or 5 loco aren’t the end of the world..

I simple believe strongly back to the fact earlier… all other DLC had them.. try and keep to the system really, that’s all….

If you don’t care for them great but don’t tell us how to game ;) (Assuming we don’t suffer an CE-34878-0 error)

Oh and to the other new post. I own all DLC up to the 1938 stock and have hundreds of hours on each of TSW2020 and 2… yeah trains aren't my thing at all. Groan. (1103 hours on all TSW variants since April 2020, probably my most played game ever?! That’s just under 46 days)

(edit: my groan and yawn are emotional opinions to your opinions :D again which everyone is entitled to, and of course I never mean any offence)

(extra credit: why hasn’t pinball FX 3 got a platinum eh?)

• Like Like x 6
  27. dhekelian

Wow, great empathy from some of you. As Mat_Jam_ca said it isn't just the Trophies. PS players are having to put up with a lot at the moment, XBox has issues as well with sound. Whether you like it or not Trophies are a game feature and now this on top of everything is no more.

If all the woes on the playstation were on your platform how would you feel?

• Like Like x 4
  28. TinTin_57

You’re right l, I don’t like it. I think we are each entitled to play anything the way we choose to. These things have been there from the start and when they disappear after 3 years then it’s going to cause problems with the play experience. What I would say is, for those not bothered about them, stop ‘ruddy’ commenting on them in the forums and play the game how you want, no one will tell you you’re wrong

• Like Like x 10
  29. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I get trophys when I do something scheduled for it! ;):cool:

30. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I got trophies today for several highly taxing train driving situations, and was incredibly proud to have achieved something worthy. These included (but were not limited to)

• Using the horn
    • Turning on the lights
    • Driving 39 miles (in what is a train driving game after all)
    • Illuminating the cab light
    • Adjusting the drivers seat
    • Putting the bins out
    • Stopping at a station platform
    • Arguing with my wife
    • Buying milk at the Co-op
    • Punching a fare evading passenger
    • Not flushing the toilet while the train was at a station
    • Putting my controller back in it’s holder after I’d finished playing
    • Making a very good cup of tea
    • Completing the crossword in The Times
    • Running over a squirrel in a class 395 (that’s me in the 395, the squirrel was track side)
    • Buying flowers

Hell, I’lm sure going to miss this. I wonder if there’s a game where you collect trophies?

• Like Like x 7
  31. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Tbh...i rather DTG put effort in bug fixing that will improve the game itself than wasting time doing trophies...

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I don’t spend time on trophys because I don’t know what they get for and I don’t care if they come on their own ok, I’m not complaining! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  33. TinTin_57

Don’t forget the trophy you got for feeling like you had to post this pointless contribution. Too much time on your hands I reckon but each to their own

• Like Like x 8
  34. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Pretty much my opinion. When I get one I will check it out but it is all pretty irrelvenant if the game is slow and I am stuck at a red light after driving for an hour.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

fun FACT number two..

until now the 187 and doomed rivet route had achievements for Xbox and steam.. they are probably written for the PS but simply can’t be implemented.

same for the 313 as they are on steam, therefore written in the game. I say written the specs have been created for what’s needs to be done for a trophy or chevo to pop

Why no deployment for the Xbox all of a sudden is a blatant knee jerk reaction from DTG. 4650 is the current gamer score I think. No idea if there is some sort of limit. Amazed seeing folk request refunds due to lack of achievements. But good for them!

Opinion time ;) I doubt the meets and discussions with Sony are having any impact on fixing the DLC cap or soiled rush hour routes.

(Edit : halo master chef collection has 700 achievements which you can earn up to 7000 GS from this single title. WoW. Not a typo in the game title. So yeah but over halfway but limit not know. Nothing for the 313 Xbox, you choose poorly DTG)

• Like Like x 1
  36. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

DTG confiremd that there are no such limits for either XBox nor Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  37. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To me to be honest Trophies are just a pure oh I managed to get that. I'm happy to be honest driving somthing that I will never be able to do in real life (apart from a class 47 and 73 :) as I have driven them in real life before).

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  38. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The subject of achievements is always polarising simply because of how they're perceived by players. To trophy fans they're a key part of the PlayStation experience and nothing you say will change that, and on the other side are those who just don't care.

If you're in the "don't care" camp, this maybe isn't the thread for you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Let’s go to this thread instead

40. smugstarlord#4202

Like Sam said, collecting trophies is a big part of what I do when I game, so a big part of that goes away if they can't sort it with Sony.
    I respect not everyone sees it that way and that's cool, but understand, I'm not the only one who feels this way about the trophy situation,l.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I’ve bought every DLC up until they announced no more trophies. Now I’m done with this game. I enjoyed the challenge and the last few years were great chasing trophies. It’s the end of the line for me. It’s such a shame.

• Like Like x 5
  42. smugstarlord#4202

I'm optimistic they will find a way to re add trophies

43. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Lighten up a bit, it was meant to be a little humorous. However if being awarded a trophy for using the windscreen wipers or using the horn is that important to you, then I hope that DTG are able to fix it for you soon….

44. Factor41

Ahh, it's all fun and games when it's an element you don't care about, but all hell breaks loose when the "audio police" are criticised.

Action points aren't the same as trophies - they're a badly implemented nod at gamifying an otherwise directionless sim and need their own attention. Trophies are a core part of console gaming and an excellent way to keep casual gamers coming back to a game with no real direction or end point. They may not be directly important to you, but without them, there would be less players sticking around, less DLC sold and less budget for new development. Brush them aside at your peril.

• Like Like x 5
  45. TinTin_57

Yeah I thought I was being cheated not getting a trophy for using the wipers until I realised he chirped in on something he obviously hasn't a clue about. This is humour by the way.

• Like Like x 3
  46. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

If you'd like the thread to stay open please take it back on topic.

47. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

For me the routes and locos DLC trophies are not too important because they are quite simple to get. But a platinum trophy like the one in the base game I do like to have available, because I only get them in cases of games I love. And TSW is one of these games, so for me this trophy is not an end or a goal, it's the consequence after many hours of fun. And if only such a low percentage of players get it, then I feel a little bit proud of it, to be honest. I got it for TSW2 in the ps4 version and I like the idea of being able to get it again in ps5.
    So I hope we don't lose this in TSW3 at least.

• Like Like x 6
  48. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

POST OF THE YEAR contender right here!!!

• Like Like x 3
  49. dhekelian

Personally I think some people are missing the point. For the PS owners Trophies have always been a big part of the system but this is yet another 'kick in the teeth' for them with all the other problems they are suffering, I'm on the PC and achievements are not important to me but I know they are to most PS owners, it seems more of the game is disappearing for them. How would you like to keep deleting DLC to make room for another piece of DLC.

And what I do not understand is why XBox and PC owners are being targeted when there is no problem with achievements. DTG say only new routes will have them and not individual Loco's. There are people that have said they get achievements on the 313 but also I have seen on another thread saying that they are now disappearing, so make of that as you will.

• Like Like x 4
  50. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Myself as a PlayStation player trophies are everything to me my number one objective is to get platinum

• Like Like x 10