London Brighton Timetable Feedback Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Matt, Oct 7, 2021.

1. laciemouse

laciemouse New Member

I thought the same thing but it seemed that after starting another journey, but I didn’t do it in that journey it just completed due to the one journey I did before then it completed for me. So not sure what I did but i always played with metric but just to get this I changed to automatic so the route chooses…

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Since I thought it might be a DX12 issue, I ran it again under DX11, but the same crash occurred. This I believe qualifies as an "A" bug; the route (which is part of the Journey) literally cannot be completed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It's not duplicated. There is no platform on the left hand side, it's just an extension of P3.

4. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

I am beginning to suspect that the UE crash is associated with the 387. I am working my way through the 377 timetable. I've reached 2M01 without a crash. I daren't try the 387!
    I'm also working my way through the 166. Got to 2V46 (Part1) without UE crashes on there either.

5. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same this afternoon. Same train, same setup (W10/steam, 1W98 via journey chapter menu).

6. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Platform: Epic
    Loco / Cab: 377/4 SN
    Service Name / Time : e.g. 2009
    Detail of Issue:
    1) Slow track between Belham and Streetham Common, there is a strech with a speed limit of 60 mph, while the sign at the beginning says "40/45"
    2) Slow track between Thornton Heath and Selhurst there is a Morpeth board announcing a speed limit of "45", while the next speed limit at the entrance to Selhurst station is "40".
    How many other DLC do you have installed: 8

Sorry if this has been reported before. Is there a thread dedicated specifically for signalling/speed limit issues?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  7. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

Platform: Xbox One
    Loco / Cab: Class 387/2 GX - 8 Car
    Weather Settings: Light Clouds
    Date : May
    Service Name / Time : 1A60 London Victoria - Brighton (21:53)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 5 mins in
    Detail of Issue: I was driving between London Victoria and Clapham Junction and I was driving 48mph on a 45mph limit and a message popped up saying ‘Error’ and then closed down.
    How many other DLC do you have installed: London Commuter, Cathcart Circle Line, LGV Méditerranée, Isle Of Wight, Southeastern High Speed, Sand Patch Grade, Schnellfahstrecke Koln - Aachen, Bakerloo Line, East Coastway, Tees Valley Line, Northern Transpennine, West Somerset Railway, Great Western Express, Long Island Rail Road, Main Spessart Bahn, Diesel Legends, Class 33, Class 52, Class 31, Class 20, BR Heavy Freight, Class 465 and Class 313.

8. CptAndyB

CptAndyB New Member

If you save before opening doors and after crash reload the save it works and doesnt crash from the save point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. OS1-1IT

OS1-1IT New Member

Hentis,
    I am a bit tardy in my response, but that same "fix" worked for me. Thanks for the response!

10. solicitr

That did it, thanks! DTG still have to fix it, but at least I don't have to wait for them to get around to it.

11. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

5B7A9153-3A63-42B5-AB73-7993AFD318B5.png On 1A60 London Victoria - Brighton when you get to Brighton it says Lock Doors even when you have and you cant complete it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Class 313 Service 5B88 is broken, it’s not go green 19 kilometer before the Final Destination

• Like Like x 1
  13. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

Are you waiting in the centre track with a station to your left? I can't remember which station it is. There is a class 377 which leaves that station and you follow it until you reach Selhurst. It isn't broken.

14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have the 166 from Great Western Express and they blocking the Tracks on the station

15. solicitr

All right, this is an odd little glitch, just curious, although it might be a symptom of something systemic:

If you drive 1A99 Brighton-Victoria, it in fact ends at Haywards Heath where the final instruction is to couple to another 4-car unit (which is pretty cool). This other train is 1F01 Eastbourne-Victoria, and you can drive it as well. The oddity is that if one completes 1A99, returns to free roam and takes over 1F01, the PIS on the combined train remains stuck on Haywards Heath, even after departure. That is, unless and until one changes the cab train-length indicator from "4" to "8": this appears to reset the destination, which now reads properly London Victoria.

16. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Platform Xbox Series S
    Loco Class 377-8 car
    Weather settings November clear
    Service name or title 1F08 London Victoria to Littlehampton and Ore
    Issue occurred roughly when After departure from Gatwick airport
    Detail of issue Stuck at red signal between Gatwick airport and three bridges, two AI services also stuck ahead of me
    DLC installed WCL NTP BR heavy freight pack GWE base routes, East Coastway and class 313

17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Another timetable service glitched. Service 2V02 from Redhill to Reading. Cannot reach Reigate due to another 166 blocking the platform. Prior to 2V02 I ran Redhill to Gatwick and back again.

Only DLC installed = London Commuter, East Coastway, GWE, SEHS, 465.

PS5

Weather Clear // June
    :mad::mad:

18. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: Class 377
    Weather Settings: Preset
    Date : Preset
    Service Name / Time : 1H92 - journey mode
    Detail of Issue: Random crash on leaving Victoria when trying to put wipers on. Plus the interior rain sound in the cab is shocking, sounds like I'm in a greenhouse. Needs to be looked at. UPDATE - Crashed second time going past selhurst.
    How many other DLC do you have installed:
    GWE, SEHS, class 465, ECW, NTP, WSR

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  19. fre

fre Active Member

As an Xbox series X player I’m happy to report I’ve had no game breaking issues with the timetable on London Commuter, but have some questions on what will be done moving forward, and some minor issues.

One big immersion breaking issue at the moment is 377s (seems to be those that come off Selhurst depot and then begin passenger service at Selhurst) having their rear gangway doors open, and locked in the open position too - so even when you go on foot to shut the exterior door, you are unable to. Another issue is that trains do not turn their headlights off as soon as they arrive at London Victoria, this is entirely inaccurate and very strange looking when you’ve got a ‘full house’ of units all sat illuminating the wall in front of them.

Finally, can we expect to see any sort of update on the timetable, regarding fixes for issues, or even improvements in services? In the preview streams it was noted that there ‘wasn’t the chance’ to add in more than two freight services, or any railtour services, could we expect to see any tours in the future, or an expansion of freight services to include the terminal to the north east of Haywards Heath? One little side note too, in the first preview stream it was joked about which service was the dev team’s favourite to drive - and the audience were not, to my understanding, ever told which service that actually was, in the later streams or since then - I’m happy to be corrected!

There was no doubt going to be a few issues with a timetable of this size but I think the delivery of it has been fantastic and I’m very glad that the challenge was taken on in the first place!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: Class 166
    Weather Settings: 3/4 cloud
    Date : November
    Service Name / Time : 1V32
    Detail of Issue: Random crash at Redhill
    How many other DLC do you have installed:
    GWE, SEHS, class 465, ECW, NTP, WSR

21. solicitr

Platform: PC/Steam
    Loco/Cab: Class 377
    Weather: sunny
    Date: July
    Service: 1A49 Brighton - London Victoria
    Detail: Freeze and crash during (not on) final passenger unload at Victoria

LoginId:d359700a40c8b45bd44ff39e8aee7442
    EpicAccountId:8569e62b2f3242b8a15fc8c75b1a21a9

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 671] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed at F:\Dev\TSW2_SUB\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1168 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

Other DLC: ECW, GWE, Class 313

22. SteveDAFC

SteveDAFC New Member

Platform: XBox One S
    Loco / Cab: 387/2 GX
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Date : 14 July 2019
    Service Name / Time : 1M03 17:46 Brighton to Victoria
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 45 mins
    Detail of Issue: Red signal between Balham & Wandsworth Common. Train at Victoria stuck over a junction at end of platform causing a cascade of holdups. Other lines to the right running ok. I actually got out of my cab, caught the next train to Victoria from Balham and moved the train myself, which freed up all the waiting services. But I had a memory crash trying to get back to my vacant cab!
    How many other DLC do you have installed: I had the base game on Gamepass but on 10th Nov bought the Deluxe Edition that includes the Rush Hour trio of London Commuter, Boston & Dresden.
    I’ve seen the same issue reported several times as far back as early October, surprised it’s still an issue. Is there a fix please? Do I need to try saving at any point or starting the chapter another way?

23. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Platform: PC
    Date : JOURNEY MODE 1r11
    Service Name / Time : 1A60 London Victoria - Brighton (21:53)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 5 mins in
    Detail of Issue: I was driving between London Victoria and Clapham Junction and I was driving 48mph on a 45mph limit and a message popped up saying ‘Error’ and then closed down.

24. GoldenShuttle

GoldenShuttle New Member

Platform: PC (Windows 11)
    Weather Settings: Clear
    Date : JOURNEY MODE 1R04
    Service Name / Time :
    1R04 London Victoria to Reigate
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Redhill departure (not)
    Detail of Issue: Signal T485 never clears to allow you to proceed to Reigate - and end the service. There seem to be some conflicting routes set which may explain why lights are red.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  25. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

I can confirm it's like that in real life. The 166 comes in from Gatwick, then the driver walks to the other end (and continues its journey towards Guildford). Sometimes there's a train on the same track, the last one I saw came from Tonbridge. Living in Redhill by the way. :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s Still broken

• Like Like x 1
  27. TSW_FTW

TSW_FTW New Member

1M35 Brighton to London Victoria - Stuck at signal VC616

Platform: PC
    Loco / Cab: Class 387 / Gatwick Express
    Date : 8 Dec 2021
    Service Name / Time : 1M35 Brighton-Victoria (09:16am)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 4 miles before Victoria, just approx 1 miles before Clapham Junction.
    Detail of Issue: Traffic backed up and signalling doesn't allow for the timetable to be completed due to blocked sections ahead from signal VC616 onwards.

Attached Files:

28. solicitr

I think it would be helpful, in these reports, if the submitters would indicate whether or not they are playing from a restored savegame; it seems that on BML (and on other routes) this is what causes the signals to lock up.

• Like Like x 1
  29. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Just to add, think it's worth mentioning whether the service was started directly from the menu or spawned on foot too.

30. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just like I did after completing a pdf timetable for Riesa-Dresden, I am now going to share a couple of issues that I have found with the timetable for London Commuter.

The first issue is regarding service 5D12 Brighton to Lovers Walk Depot (Part 2) starting at 19:18. If you have the Class 313 running on this route, one is blocking the way in the depot, meaning that the service cannot be complete.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Having done some digging into this, I manage to find out why this might be having and I have seen this issue pop up before in the past.

Now going to service 5B90 for a moment (specifically the final part of that service) the thing that service tells you to do is uncouple from the set behind you, pull forward a bit and that's the end of the service. Now neither unit do anything else for the rest of day and should look something like this:
    [​IMG]
    But if you spawn into this route after the service has finish (which is about 16:45) the rear unit respawns back to where it first starts as the 5B88 service to Selhurst Depot, which ultimately impacts the 5D12 service trying to get into the depot. A diagram down below shows this in a little more depth.
    313 blocking 387.PNG

Now the next issue is with the 1R04 London Victoria to Reigate service starting at 6:07 which is impossible to run because it fails 7 seconds in due to a vehicle derailed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The final issue is actually regarding the East Croydon-Milton Keynes services labelled as 2Mxx/2Oxx. Now with most normal services, if you go into the menu and look at the schedule for any passenger service, any stop is listed as stopping at the station is question, what platform it's stopping at, and the time that it's due to arrive at is shown both next to the station and on the timing tab of this page, as seen in this example:
    [​IMG]
    But with these services, the arrival times are absent for both 2Mxx services and for the most part on 2Oxx services. Arrival times only appear for the end destination and Balham for the 2Oxx services and that's it.
    No arrival times on 2Mxx services.PNG
    No arrival times on 2Oxx services.PNG
    Having these times would be helpful to know when these services are suppose to arrive at a station that these services stop at along this route.

That's all the issues I could find for now. If anything else comes up, I'll be sure to let you all know.

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

Platform: PC/Steam
    Train: Class 377
    Service: 1R14 London Victoria to Reigate
    Issue: permanent red on approach to Redhill. Waited five minutes past scheduled Redhill arrival (0918). The train occupying the destination (Redhill Platform 0) is itself behind a permanent red. The issue may be the two four-car units at Platform 1, which have the green, and apparently are supposed to be coupling up and proceeding, but don't.
    Straight playthrough w/o save.

32. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

There is your black sheep (From that train every train got stuck behind):

TSW2_Meridian_1640341337_00.png

- It happend to me too when i startet the service which you mentioned
    - it didnt happen when i spawned at redhill 5min before the cl166 departs. It was just leaving reigate fine.

For some reasons the Cl.166 has a strange behavior in London to Brighton. Usually it took 6 hours to mess up the timetalbe, when it got stuck at redhill. This seems to be "new"

Also when comparing to GWE, the train seem to accelerate rather slow (also in reigate). Its driving 5 - 10mph for about one minute before speeding up.

DTG has to rework this Unit anyway with the preservation crew, i hope they find the bug with its AI behavior, here the features are needed as (refurbishment :):
    - Adding PIS
    - One Cab Car of the Unit has broken seats, so passengers wont appear inside

Beside those rather small things, i really like this DMU

33. cloudyskies21

On scenario planner this has been noticeable for quite a while too when ever the 166 is selected.

I'd like to add interior lighting to this list of fixes too. I've noticed on some AI trains that the lights are switched off during timetable mode on London Commuter; this is also a problem on scenario planner too.

34. cloudyskies21

Completely forgot about this thread, had posted my problem on the tech forum, but makes sense here too:

Platform: XBOX Series X
    Loco / Cab: Class 387
    Weather Settings: Light precipitation, full clouds and wetness, January
    Service Name / Time : 1W16 London Victoria-Brighton (06:58)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Around 50 miles/more than an hour right at the end of the service
    Detail of Issue: This is the first London Commuter service I've found to be impossible to finish. The service is fine for 99% of the journey until reaching Brighton. I was greeted with another train held at a red signal in front which, in turn, was caused by a train blocking platform 3. This problem was caused as a four-car 387 sits in platform 3 while an eight-car service is suppose to couple to make it a twelve-car service. I assume one of these is a depot move? Unfortunately, the eight-car with its headlights on stops just a metre or two without coupling.

35. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

Just a help.
    Is it valid to make continuos timetable services?
    1) service from Victoria to Brighton and when it finishes I go to free roam, switch cab and drive back to victoria
    2) same thing but jump a service this time. Let the trainset return by AI and take the second service after that.

I tried both but sometimes AI get stuck and the train doesn't move.

Another run, took a service from vic to reigate and as soon as finished it just went to free roam and wait for AI to take it back. But the train didn't move.

Thanks
    Felix

36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

In theory it should be possible Felix, but in practice the AI gets too tangled to make it a viable option. There were supposed to be some fixes to trains getting stuck in the last patch but looks like not entirely successful. And you will definitely get stuck if you save a run on BML and try to resume later.

37. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

Thanks OldVern.
    Never save my runs.
    Thought I was making something wrong when leaving the cab so the ai got stuck.
    "Good" in a certain way to know that in the future some fix should address this.

38. BCMTUK

BCMTUK New Member

The signal actually does eventually change. I don't remember the exact time, but it's somewhere between 07:40 and 07:45 IIRC, which means you'll probably arrive at Haywards Heath close to 08:00:00, and then Wivelsfield at almost 08:10:00, Yes, that does unfortunately mean you'll be close to 30 minutes late.

39. fre

fre Active Member

This is actually a super fun service to drive with the delay outside Three Bridges, if you’re happy to sit at a red signal for 20 minutes. Adds a little quirk that’s unique to that service - and the trains stuck in front / behind!

40. BCMTUK

BCMTUK New Member

1F08 gets worse though. If you start 1F08 from London Victoria, you'll end up at Haywards Heath at around 7:55 (about 24 minutes late). You can then abandon the service, and go to Platform 4 to wait for the 1M93 service, which _should_ have arrived at 07:13, but actually arrives 43 minutes late at 07:56. As a result, you will be behind another service (most likely also heavily delayed), meaning you will be slowing down and stopping a few times for red signals. The train ahead of you stops at East Croydon and Clapham Junction, meaning further delays. That same train will be stuck at a red signal when it gets to London Victoria, which in turn, causes you to also be stuck at a red signal. You will eventually be allowed through at 08:41 (08:41:13 to be exact), arriving at London Victoria Platform 13, at about 08:43... 45 minutes late.
    Of course, you can then stay on the train, and immediately start the 1W26 service, that should have started at 08:13, meaning you will still be 30 minutes late. However, there will most likely be more waiting at red signals due to late running trains. I wouldn't be surprised if the delays would get so bad, that you'd end up running overnight, and possibly so late, infact, that the first service of the next day of that particular train, would probably already start before you've even finished the last service of the current day. That is of course, if you even finish at all.

What exactly starts the whole problem with 1F08 though?
    I don't know exactly, but it's got something to do with Brighton. What someone should do, is start 1F08, then immediately go to the map, and watch the Brighton area, for just over an hour, and see what exactly is going on.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  41. bmf165

bmf165 New Member

Hello there Matt, been trialling this game for a few weeks now, and so far this is the only problem I have come across.

Platform: Steam
    Loco / Cab: Class 387 223
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Date : [Month]
    Service Name / Time : 1M23 07:42 Brighton to London Victoria
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 26 mins approx
    Detail of Issue: Brought to a stand at signal T264 ( on the approach to Gatwick Airport on the Up Brighton Fast).
    Waited for just over a minute then contacted the signalman - Reply: Denied: Wait for signal to change.
    I repeated this procedure several times, as one does, same reply as of 08:50 Game time, peg still not cleared, almost like the real thing... lol
    (Three Bridges Box, pull your fingers out...!!) TSW2_BMF_1649631447_00.png TSW2_BMF_1649631475_00.png
    How many other DLC do you have installed: 3
    Link to a video: None, sorry...
    Hope the info helps...

42. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

There are a number of errors in the timetable especially in the peaks, I really wish there was a timetable editor so that I could go through the full service and make sure the timings are correct, same with the East Coastway.