Bakerloo Post-rush Hour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sukihersch, Oct 30, 2021.

1. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

So I see a lot of complaint threads on here and I always roll my eyes at them, but now it's my turn to post a complaint thread of my own.

I got TSW2 about a year and a half ago, and I started out with the Bakerloo tutorials/scenarios, but, genuinely, it just didn't seem sensible in that context that when you passed a speed board you couldn't go up to that speed right away, given that tube trains are always the same length and surely it would be faster, safer and more sensible to take that into account in placing your speed limit signs rather than having drivers guessing whether the end of their train had passed a certain point or not. Anyway it turns out I was right and the game was due to be recoded to account for that, so I left the Bakerloo line to one side until it got fixed, played a lot of Sand Patch up and down, Köln–Aachen back and forth, bought a bunch of other lines and got really into the game as a whole.

Now I've heard that *finally* that speed limit bug has been fixed, and also there's this 'Rush Hour' thing that I don't really care about; and so I load up Bakerloo line from where I left off. Unfortunately, the 'Rush Hour' updates don't seem to have treated it too kindly: simply, my first impression was "oh huh, there's a lot of orange guys". Like 20% of platform passengers wearing the same bright orange gilet. And this keeps happening at station after station. What's the deal with the orange guys?

And then at a later station, it ended up with some passengers tip-toeing on the very very edge of the platform, almost with one foot off the edge, presumably because they were walking round all the other passengers that had been generated by "Rush Hour", without making those passengers behave sensibly/as a real-life passenger would on a train (and certainly a tube) platform. I guess this is the kind of thing that should go in to a bug report, but I thought I would complain about it on the forums instead.

Basically, if your AI NPCs are buggy, corny and repetitive, it's maybe actually better to have fewer of them rather than more!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I haven’t played Bakerloo line since the rush hour updates, I really should, it’s far and away my most favourite route (I suppose because it’s the most ‘game’ like)

I haven’t really played much of TSW over the last couple of months due to the various bugs.

However I did play South East Coastway yesterday and noticed the same thing lots of passengers overcrowded on small platforms, with a repeat of certain outfits. One station it might be blue hoodies, next station it might be all the men are bald, that sort of thing.

3. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I think the 72 stock brakes have been ruined since Rush hour as well, basically unplayable.