Ntp And 80's Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chacal#2181, Oct 30, 2021.

1. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    i do really like the old NTP route. The fact it's in 80's, have some grim mood inside. The only think I don't like is that sometimes the large stations are kinda empty. Particularly Manchester Victoria. Is there a way by mods or something else to add some AI traffic (or even stationary ?)

Is there an update by preservation crew that may bring some help here in future ? (I don't hink so from what i have read on roadmaps)

Anyway is there any hope of other UK 80's routes ?

• Like Like x 3
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I guess there's a likelihood it may get a rush hour passenger pass at some point. When though, 'if its not on the roadmap' is when... :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I think preservation are adding rush hour passengers to previous routes.
    I agree with you about the 80s thing. I would love more old school routes with proper diesel locos that growl and fight with you

• Like Like x 4
  4. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yes, NTP is in need of some major love and we can do with a Class 25 (with brakevan included) to accompany it.

The route deffo needs more traffic adding with AI going off route onto Penistone, Wakefield, Skipton, Hebden Bridge, London lines etc. the DMU Leeds to Man Vic needs replacing with a loco hauled train (A Deltic would be nice!) and a shuttle added between Man Vic and Staylybridge.

Night Lighting needs attention because basically there isn't any, only at stations. Graphic Texturing are also in need of an update but I doubt any of these two get updated but hopefully the timetable is completely re-written.

TVL is also in need of more off route AI adding.

Although WCL is set in the 90's and has come in for some heavy criticism (and rightly so Re: 150) I will buy the route at a discounted price simply for the route itself and wagons, I can then use Scenario Planner to use NTP stock and pretend it's in the 80's.

Like the OP, I do hope we see more 80's (70's too) routes in future.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. chacal#2181

So it's impossiblie via modes to add AI trains (off route particularly) ?

For WCL i will try it too, but it really will lack the desperate mood of TVL or NTP with abandoned buildings, broken glasses and so on.

I have seen that there is a pack of old diesels for GWE but GWE is modern, maybe I miss to see the point... (

6. chacal#2181

Yes, even train lights in tunnel dont light anything. It's a simple texture...

7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

we just need more BR Blue and maybe some BR sectorisation thrown in for good money. With the ever changing modern TCOs liveries whenever a TOC loses their franchise or goes bust and hands it back in the UK, modern day DLC is going to date very quickly and therefore lose it appeal, realistically how many of use would buy a DLC with say National Express East Coast, Virgin Trains East Coast or the original Northern Rail liveried stock today even if there were licenses in place? I'll exempt the GNER livery from this as it is an iconic livery still to this day and I'd love to see it TSW

8. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I'd like to see another BR Blue route, however the trouble I have with NTP is it a) is very dark and b) isn't very interesting to me. I'd like to see something like Newcastle - York which would offer quite a lot of variety I think.

I would in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021