Class 313 On London To Brighton

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Joethefish, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Hi guys! Just wanted to post some extra information about the 313 layer on the Brighton Mainline (London Commuter route). Firstly, this layer is for PC and Gen 9 console players. I just posted in PC because usual reasons.

There are 12 playable services and roughly 280 AI services for both the West Coastway and East Coastway, service Hove, West Worthing, Lewes and Seaford. This makes the full timetable now 4,602 services in total. The 313s will be running with the already present 377s which do Brighton to Portsmouth Harbour, Southampton, Hastings and Ore.

Those who strange little details, you might like this. In the early morning, a 4 car 377 does a Seaford-Brighton and then a Brighton-Seaford before running a passenger service to Lewes where it meets 1F09 and runs to London. The units spend the rest of the day running 1F/1H services. Later in the day, one of the 12 coach London to Brighton 377 formations then goes on to 1F96 which runs off the route at Wivelsfield and splits at Lewes, the rear 4 coaches go to Seaford. The unit then spends the rest of the evening running Brighton-Seaford services. So, if you're at Brighton in the early morning or late evening, you'll have a chance to see a 377 on Seaford services! :D These are the Brighton Mainline services I mentioned:
    [​IMG]

Here's a quick breakdown of the playable 313 services:
    [​IMG]
    Sticking with diversion theme that this timetable seems to have, these two would normally run via Brighton and Falmer but James and I thought that's something that would be on ECW, so James found evidence of them running to Seaford via Wivelsfield.

[​IMG]
    This is a more typical depot service to Brighton. This is one of the West Coastway units, so a chance to drive into platform 2 at Brighton. I wasn't around for the stream, but I watched it later and Sam pointed out the journey time. The way this "00:01 duration" service works is it has no setup time and no arrival time. So, you shouldn't experience lateness. The duration field is automatically populated but the game based on how long it took the AI to complete it, and it's not a deadline for players, just a guideline on how long the service might take. The second part is due to start 3 minutes after the first part finishes. If this is not enough time between services, please let me know!

Lovers Walk Depot to Selhurst Depot:
    [​IMG]
    Firstly, Sam is right those names are a little confusing. T&R.S.M.D stands for Traction & Rolling Stock Maintenance Depot. In the future I'll add more clarification in the description, sorry!
    So, yeah Lovers Walk Depot and Selhurst Depot are both T&R.S.M.Ds but for some reason, 313s occasionally visit Selhurst Depot. Couldn't resist the urge to represent these! :D Hope you enjoy these runs, they're pretty cool and a chance to get the 313s to 75mph!

Quickly want to point out the multi-part services. Something we found with Cathcart Circle's depot moves was the AI does not understand that it needs to change cab during a service. This led to 314s driving backwards into Glasgow Central. At least for now, to combat this we split the service where it changes direction. That being said, you can probably imagine with 4 parts, 5B90 was a bit of an awkward manoeuvre to get working!

Last but not least.
    [​IMG]
    This two-parter is one of the West Coastway units returning to the depot at the end of the day. Another chance to use platform 2 at Brighton. :)

With all layer DLC, the extra AI you'll see is:
    2tph 313 Brighton to Seaford
    2tph 313 Brighton to Lewes
    2tph 313 Brighton to Hove
    2tph 313 Brighton to West Worthing
    Also a couple of static 313s around Lovers Walk Depot

Which are adding to what is already there:
    1tph 377 Brighton to Portsmouth Harbour
    1tph 377 Brighton to Southampton
    1tph 377 Brighton to Hastings
    1tph 377 Brighton to Ore
    2tpd 166 Brighton to Great Malvern & Brighton to Bristol Parkway

That's all, I think. Hope you enjoy! :D

• Like Like x 33
    • Helpful Helpful x 11
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Great work here, seriously great work.

The 313 adds in a significant chunk of traffic to Brighton, which really sells that you have just arrived at your terminus, going from a busy end of a route to another busy end is a true rail experience.

This will be the reigning route for a long time when it comes to self contained DLC’s, you’ve really put the detail into the timetable to make it so.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The London Commuter timetable is just phenomenal. Once the issues with the route performance and crashing are corrected on PS5, it’ll definitely be the best route in the game. I do worry about services getting stuck at red lights and causing traffic jams, but I’m sure these things can be figured out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Task

Task Well-Known Member

When you are talking about this service I have a question. Iirc correctly the services stop at Horley instead of Gatwick. Is this prototypical or a mistake? The service also is one of the services that don't show correctly on the PIS (no times shown).

5. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Thank you Joethefish for taking the time to give a detailed explanation - your enthusiasm is brilliant and actually gives a very interesting insight into the timetables.

I really hope there will be plenty of opportunities in the future for you to create some more timetables on routes with the same level of passion, I'm loving the extra details like diversions and AI especially etc, certainly brings a whole new freshness, immersion and life into TSW2.

Keep up the great work! :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Question for Devs and point of interest for future. Can dynamic dirt build up be added to trains with the wash roads serving a proper cleaning purpose then?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Thanks! There's a lot of things I love about service mode and timetabling in general. Frequency of trains, variety of trains, variety of service types.
    Thanks! I've done some investigating and some seem to be timetable related and others may need other teams to help. Everyone posting in the feedback thread that Matt made has helped highlight these. :)
    That's prototypical. Something I've noticed when doing timetables and scenarios is the more prototypical something is, the more questionable it becomes. Sometimes we're looking through our research and come across things like this and think "what?!" then go back to double check we've read it correctly lol. This one I didn't question that much because I used to planespot at the car park at Gatwick and would see a few 377s pass Gatwick heading south.

Had a quick look on RTT and it seems that service still runs, but no longer goes to Seaford, just Ore. https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:L79793/2021-10-29/detailed

I think the missing times are due to a service having so many virtual stations that the PIS hits a limit. The large ones seem to work fine, so I'm talking to the relevant teams to see if something can be done about this.
    Glad you like the details! I wanna keep doing timetables into the future as well as adding any little details I may find. :D A bit off topic, but with Hamburg-Lübeck, it was my first timetable and I was still quite quiet so I didn't really talk about it, but if you have it you may notice that every passenger formation is unique. This is something I noticed when watching videos, there could be a first, second, first, second, first. Then the other way on the same line it could be formed of a first, first, second, second, first. etc.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. chieflongshin

Loving the input you've had with timetables joe. I hope DTG, your health and work life balance support some more big ones like Brighton.

Fantastic work :cool:

9. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I'm on a quieter project for now. For legal reasons I should probably repeat that no one asked me to do the extra hours. But you could say I'm feeling a little worn out at the moment. :) Need to take some time off lol

• Like Like x 9
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Just want to say thanks for the info and for the BML timetable, which is the best in the game IMO. Also gonna revisit Hamburg, which got lost in the Rush Hour shuffle a bit for me. Thanks again Joe!

11. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Well I hope it still holds up! I need to get back to it one day.

12. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I didn't think a 377 to Seaford would be anything to get excited about lol.
    Pretty much every time Brighton play football at amex you'll get 8 car 377s, over shooting the rear end of the platform at most stations.
    I've actually got a video here.

That said, when the 313s start to go, youll get even more 377s on the SEFs

13. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great work, Joe.

Can you (or anyone else) tell me - do the cl.313 ECS trains on Brighton Mainline have full schedules input, or just a departure time like on other TSW2 routes? Thanks.

14. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Brilliant stuff Joe. I got the route but still haven't played it yet could I asked are there problems on the PC version?

15. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I did the first scenario on BML and it’s absolutely amazing how many trains I passed and saw. Incredible work and by far the busiest route on TSW2. Thank you for sharing all of this info and sincerely thanks for all the hard work, as it has made a standout experience. Can’t wait to see some more.

• Like Like x 1
  16. chieflongshin

Joe - Can I sense check something please. I'm trying your 5b88 part one service. Is this signal holding on red for too long? It lets me pass with no Spad as the indicator in top right is green. This is the very first one after lovers walk depot.

Screenshot (162).png

17. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Your signal is the GPLS to the left of the line.

• Like Like x 7
  18. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

The time table is really good, however, majorly disappointed with the lack of freight

19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Joethefish Yesterday I completed the two parts of 5B88 (Lovers Walk T&R.S.M.D to Selhurst T&R.S.M.D), and it was as awesome as I expected, lots of traffic everywhere, especially as you get close to London, and having to wait at the through track to give way to the 377 service was a fantastic touch as well.

Can't wait to try 5B90 :D

20. chieflongshin

I think I must have been slow on 5b88 as I got locked outside of redhill. There was a 377 and 166 stacked on a platform, a 166 pass through from Reigate, about 4 trains locked coming into red hill from the north. I waited half hour and bailed as nothing moved.

21. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Like the other multi-part depot moves, these use the real timings. The timetable reference included the departure time and the arrival time. So the way this works is Part 1 has the correct departure time and no arrival time. There is then a 3 minute dwell time before part 2, which has the timetabled arrival time. Hope that explains it better.
    I understand you. What is there is all I could manage in time and I admit there's a few mistakes like loaded wagons in the wrong direction. You may even notice wagons at Ardingly from when we were working on that freight move. But I wasn't able to get it working in time.
    Glad you liked it! The beta testers were recommending it to each other as well! :D
    There's currently a 166-related issue causing this. Not sure how it hasn't affected the GWE route. It's a very random occurence. So chances are if you play it again, it might work properly. Do expect to be held at Redhill Up Loop for an Up Reigate to go ahead though. You should be stopped no longer than 5 minutes. I'm gonna raise the 166 issue on when I'm next at DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  22. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If I understand you right;
    This isn't your signal
    upload_2021-10-31_0-32-40.png
    This is your signal
    upload_2021-10-31_0-33-2.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

The British railway signal is on the left; the German railway signal is on the right.
    You are driving the British Empire train, so you are an inappropriate driver!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

joe you've done a grand job and we all respect the fact it's not easy. Keep up the amazing work buddy because I cant wait to see what you do with the future releases

• Like Like x 6
  25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

My 11:34 Journey was broken because all trains had red signals on the line 19 kilometer for the end.

• Like Like x 1
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s the Class 313 Timetable where People mentioned here with the Class 166 issues

• Like Like x 1