Any Routes Or Scenarios In Tsxx With On-train Announcements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robert, Oct 31, 2021.

1. robert

robert New Member

Does anyone know of any routes from Steam for TSxx that has announcements on the train? I've seen a few third party routes that are made to run on TS in the "Standard" tab but nothing from Dovetail Games or Steam.

2. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

If you mean audio announcements, they are fairly rare in career scenarios. The Alaska Railroad: Anchorage - Seward Route has in cab traffic between the dispatch and the driver. This is in the scenarios and is well done, but it is pre-recorded specific to the scenarios as far as I know. The other one that comes to mind is the West Highland Line Extension Route which implements a radio token system that again does audio between dispatch and the driver.

I feel like I'm forgetting one, but maybe someone else remembers...

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The WCML Trent Valley route has on-train announcements for the scenarios including station stops.

4. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Hi Robert

I found on the Alan Thompson site in the download section (for free) the Azzuma announcements for all stations Kings Cross - Edinburgh, and Kings Cross to Leeds. (Approaching/ Arrived / Departure).

There is a user instruction on how to programme them into TS , but I found it far too difficult. (Limited pc skills)

A much quicker work around I found was to use Voice Attack software.

Voice attack is free on Steam, for one profile that you will need for TS.
    (but I also use VA for flying so have the pay version , which I picked up for £5 in a Steam sale).

To set up:
    1) Create your announcements as a WAV file (or download pre recorded ones like I found on AT).
    2) Open voice attack and create a profile for Train simulator.
    3) Create a voice command, ie Newcastle approaching.
    4) in the command, go to: other: sounds: play sound: then link to WAV file.

I’ve set up 3 different commands for each station on the East Coast.
    (Station Name) Approaching (ie we will soon be arriving)
    (Station Name) Station (ie welcome on board this service)
    (Station Name) Depart ( ie This is the LNER service to London kings cross.)

Then to get the announcements to work in TS, just say “Newcastle Approaching” and voice attack will play the announcements in TS.

You don’t necessarily need to do voice activated, you can link the announcements to a keyboard command, but I found the voice one works well.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The one in the game has a track marker in the Scenario
    When the train passes a track marker it tells the system to play the Audio file.
    Or post a message on the screen

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Frankfurt U-Bahn has announcements but you need to trigger them. Wakayama and Sakurai has automatic announcements for passengers. In Konstanz--Hasauch I heard one but just for one station in one scenario.

7. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

ThirdRails offers hassle free announcements for any route/scenario in any language as a layer on top of TS. No need to edit scenarios.
    You can either trigger them yourself, semi automate them by a timetable using Next, Approach and Calling At buttons in the EbULa, or automate them fullly by triggering them with POI in the map.

https://www.thirdrails.org/tut_announcements.html

• Like Like x 1