Bait Fishing For North American Fishing

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Vintage1944, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

Can you guys look into adding bait fishing for these species
    • Channel Catfish
    • Largemouth bass
    • Smallmouth bass
    • Spotted Bass
    • Black crappie
    • White crappie
    • Bluegill
    • Longnose gar
    • Yellow perch

These fish can be caught on live, dead and artificial baits. We should be able to fish with the spinning rods using sinkers/weights, Bobbers or floats, steel leaders, and like minded tackle. Using baits like dead or live bait, live shrimp, chicken liver, stink baits, cheese baits. Instead of using lures and having to go the European venues all the time we should be able to do it while fishing on the American lakes. Channel catfish for example eat stink baits, blood baits, cut baits...… it could really sell it more to the public eye.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Vintage1944, this is a great idea. We have lots of feature requests so I'll be sure this gets considered.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kylegetsemailhere

kylegetsemailhere New Member

I agree with the exception of bass. Live or dead bait isn't allowed in virtually any fishing tournaments for largemouth, smallmouth, or spotted bass. It would be neat to have it as an option, though, if you wanted to kill some time chasing crappies or use stinkbait for cats.

4. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

I have a suspicion there is already something in the works.
    If you go to the Angler's Hub then Player Profile and finally to the Progression tab, there's a "Unlocked Gear" section under which says "Bait 0/6"

• Like Like x 1