How About Fixing The Ps4 Front End?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Nov 2, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

PS4 original system. All DLC purchased except the last three loco's. 4 TB Western Digital HDD. Yes I know there are more pressing fixes that need to be worked on with routes and loco's, but the front end videos on PS4 are annoying with their stuttering video and unresponsive button presses. It's an adventure just starting the game. Which "Any" button do I press to start? How about a static start up screen instead, and a firm "press the X button or O button" etc. I know there are problems with routes and loco's that are more important to fix, but this is the first thing everybody sees when they start the game and its poorly implemented. Please put fixing the start up menu of the PS4 game on your list of things to do when you can. I don't have a single game (over 100) that start as poorly as TSW2. I don't know if it effects other game systems, but I'm sure they would appreciate a fix in the future too. Thanks you for all the hard work.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Its funny that the first video with the cutout locos appearing worked fine when I first downloaded the upgrade to TSW2.
    After loading the 3 new Rush Hour routes however it has never played properly since. (I don't know if this helps DTG?) It just freezes on the first loco then goes into the start screen where, as 'ace' mentions above, its a game of guessing which "Any" button to start, actually starts the game. :)
    Agreed it doesn't look very professional when it's the first thing you see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

The any button screen is a loading thing. The splash screen pops up and then asks immediately to press any button to enter, while the game is still loading in the background and wont proceed until it has completely loaded. On a PS4 with a regular HDD, this takes an age. On a PS4 with an SSD it still takes a moment but no where near as painful and on PS5 it's almost instant. I guess what DTG needs to do is not show the 'press any button' until the game has background loaded and is actually ready to proceed. It is a frustrating moment for sure.

4. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Yeah it's dumb.

5. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have found that rather than pressing a button going around in a circle or two with either R3 or L3 works better. Then that takes you to in saying press any button but it is static rather than pulsating. Then a few seconds and the game loads ready to play. And you don't have to wait until it starts saying press any button. I often do a circle with L3 or R3 just after a moving loco.

6. phildenty

phildenty Member

Whenever I start the game I go and make myself a cuppa, go outside with said cuppa have a cigarette, and hopefully when finished my cuppa and smoke I come back inside then maybe just maybe I can press any button!!!

• Like Like x 2