South-western Expressways Reading To Taunton

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwiprofessor, Nov 2, 2021.

1. kiwiprofessor

kiwiprofessor New Member

I am considering whether to get this route. Not cheap and I already have Exeter to Bristol but Reading to Taunton appeals to me.

Anyone got any comments as to the quality of the route and the value for money?

Thanks

2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Just Trains have done a fantastic job of accurately detailing this route. I would suggest that you watch some of Tom Harrisons route building videos, you’ll soon be hooked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Very good route, up to the standards of their Midland Main Line routes but a lot longer. Definitely worth the price considering you're essentially getting three routes in one. Only downside is that it can be a bit performance intensive especially if you have a slower PC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

Strangely enough I bought this last weekend. Initially I bought it through Steam but the additional scenarios don't come with it, understandably as they use a lot of non Steam rolling stock. Refunded it, as I'd only played for an hour and then bought it from Just Trains. It's a shame it doesn't join with Western Mainlines as I'd be able to recreate my trips to Plymouth to see my son, who was at university there. The journeys nearly always went via Castle Cary other than when engineering works intervened.

Edited to say that I'm really impressed with the route, there are lots of unique assets along the route, it can be a bit sticky but overall the performance is pretty good.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kiwiprofessor

kiwiprofessor New Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    Is it best then to buy from Just Trains to get the additional scenarios? If so, is it just as easy to install as if bought from Steam?

6. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Steam will install the route automatically. Just trains needs you to download and unzip an executable installer. Run the installer, enter user and password. Once complete, run TS.

• Like Like x 1