Cab Hopping Is This A Possible Or Just A Edit For Video?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 3, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I was just watching a youtube video of megasim driving the br 101 on westcorn wall and he was able to go from the front cab to the rear cab Instantly and i think i saw him do this before on a different train,So how does this work?Or could this just be from him editing the video that way.

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It is possible to do but you need a keyboard to do it.

3. SHINO BAZ

Figures PC always gets the best options.

4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

True, but I use a keyboard on the PS4/PS5 for some features. Instantly switching between cabs/locos to set switches, lights etc is much easier than getting out and walking to the other cab/loco.

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

All XBox consoles have keyboard support. TSW2 has the keyboard shortcuts.
    I have keyboards hooked up to all my consoles since I play stuff like Elite Dangerous, where the galmap would be hell without it, and it's also handy for text chat.

6. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Similar but different.... There was/is a bug on the CL20's where in a certain position in the cab you can fall out of the loco! On PC with a keyboard (prob consol & keyboard too) there was a key bind to make you warp back to the cab.

7. SHINO BAZ

There was a controller option to warp back into the driver seat but doesn't work on tsw2 anymore.

8. fl991r

fl991r Member

Are we talking about ctrl-0?

I just recently started using this on my XBOX and have found it very convenient. Does anyone know if any other keyboard shortcuts like this in the game?

9. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

There is a full keyboard list on here somewhere! Should be able to search for it

10. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

There's quite an extensive list of keyboard commands in the (original) TSW2020 Manual https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-help

Also in addition to Ctrl "O" to return to cab when 'On Foot', Ctrl "-" and Ctrl "+" to switch between cabs there is also apparently Ctrl "A", Ctrl "B", Ctrl "C" and Ctrl "D" to switch between individual cab when multiple units are in formation. For example the four cabs on a two unit Class 377 formation or multiple locos on some American routes. This could be useful when you have "Joined To" another train and didn't shutdown the cab fully.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-do-the-ctrl-and-ctrl-keys-do.48503/

• Helpful Helpful x 1