Bassmaster 2022 Can Someone Explain The Fish Find To Me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thejustchad, Oct 30, 2021.

1. thejustchad

thejustchad New Member

Is it forward looking? Straight down?

2. bloodtheory

bloodtheory Member

Think of a 360 degree sonar that takes 8 seconds to ping and upload info. If your are traveling quickly in your boat the fish you are seeing are 8 seconds behind you. Not under you. If you are sitting still, the fish you see were near you 8 seconds ago and not necessarily under you. Some times its best to turn around and drive back slowly until you start yo see something, the trolling motor really shines here. Also, the under water camera is a game changer for finding fish.

3. thejustchad

thejustchad New Member

Ok Thanks, what about when I'm sitting still and I see fish moving across the screen (right to left last time I noticed) is that in any way orientated to the boat?

Is this only active when reeling or is there another way to view it? Also is there any way to rotate/pan the underwater camera?

4. gixxer

gixxer Member

I'd like to get an answer from the developers on this as well. The way real world fish finders work is that they represent what is passing directly under the transducer's cone that it can see. The shallower the water, the smaller that cone is.

When an object (fish) is on the right edge, it is passing under. as it goes to the left, it becomes a historical image of what already passed under it. When you are stopped, it indicates a fish swimming by through that conical area. When you are moving, same thing, but the boat passed over it. This is a good explanation

5. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

It works a bit different in game. Imagine it as a time axxis from "just now" on the right to "a few seconds ago" on the left. When you pass over a fish the finder will indicate its size and the depth on the just now end. The more time passes the farther the indicator moves to the left.

When the boat doesn't move and a fish symbol pops up on the right side, it means a fish passed under it within a second or so. Each refresh, the symbol will move more to the right. If it stays put under the boat, you'd see a row of fishes.
    If there are several fish you'd also see a row (most likely at varying depth).

In short: each fish symbol means a pass under your boat. The farther to the right, the more recent it happened.

6. gixxer

gixxer Member

You just explained how it is in real life finders. What are you saying is different in game?

7. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

As I said, it's only a bit different.
    In a real one, you wouldn't see a single fish staying in the cone as several arches (or like in the game fishes) but as a single line or really long arch. I guess what I was trying to say was, many symbols don't necessarily mean many fishes in an area (although it mostly seems to be the case).
    Other than that it's pretty much just a simplified display compared to a real one.

8. gixxer

gixxer Member

Ah, yes it would show a single line if it didn't move, which is definitely not the case in the game. Although I think if you put a real world finder in simple mode you might see a bunch of the same size fish showing up from right to left which I have seen a lot in game.

9. metimmather

metimmather Member

im loving all the fanboys coving up for poor design. the fishfinder worked as it should in fishing sim world. now its broken in the new bassmaster game

10. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

How am I coving [sic] up for anything by explaining how the fish finder is intended to work, whether it does work or not (and it does for me, at least so far)?
    And how does that make me a fanboy exactly?

11. jaceiondalen

jaceiondalen New Member

Nox Vidmate VLC
    The way real world fish finders work is that they represent what is passing directly under the transducer's cone that it can see.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022