PlayStation My Liveries Are All Gone!

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by koriib, Oct 30, 2021.

1. koriib

koriib New Member

Was working on a livery today and it didn't save at all. Next thing I know, ALL my Liveries are gone!!!! Wasn't near the 300 max or anything and I worked hard on all my custom liveries!!!! Please help so I can get all my Liveries back. This is on PlayStation 4

2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

You are not the first one, who got this kind of problem. I also struggle with it for a while now, but I have one or two options to deal with it. The main problem (especially on PS4) is the limited storage space (not on the hard drive itself, but by the 8GB of RAM), which is made available by the programmed system software from Sony. I think the limit of all layers in the "Livery Designer" is under 30000 overall. When it is exceeded, you'll get error messages and as a consequence all existing liveries disappear or will be overwritten. To avoid this I always make backups of my current save games and try to overwrite or delete old liveries to make room for new ones. I hope when I will get a PS5 next year that this problem will be solved, or at least by the promised 2.0 version of the "Livery Designer".

3. koriib

koriib New Member

4. koriib

koriib New Member

Thank you for the reply, I'll see if clearing up some save space on the hard drive helps out. I just don't wanna lose all my Liveries and have to start all over after all my hard work I've put into it

5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...no problem. PC players would never notice such a problem, they simply install mods and so they can exchange their liveries. Hopefully there will be such a thing for console players in the future too.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  6. koriib

koriib New Member

I hope so too, so what would be the best course of action to take to recover my Liveries?

7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm afraid if the livery file has been overwritten (caused by the memory limit), you can hardly get back to the original data. If you haven't a previous save game to replace your current save game, it will be very difficult to do. That's why I have my backup files on an USB stick and in the PSN cloud. This is certainly not good news. :(

Of course there are techniques or software tools to recreate deleted data files from hard drives or other storage media, but it is only available on PCs. Therefore it is necessary to remove the hard drive from the console and so on... a too big expense in my mind.

8. Greenroad

Greenroad Active Member

I had this issue on my PS4 and what I ended up doin was redownloading the livery file from online storage. Only problem was that I could no longer edit those liveries I had created. Once I tried to edit them the same bug would happen, erasing all my liveries. I stopped playing the PS4 version because of that. The ps5 version hasn’t given me that problem yet but I’m not goin to hold my breath.

9. koriib

koriib New Member

Thank you very much for the tip, I'm thinking of even though I really don't want to but to start over and try again since I've gotten much better with editing and creating. Thank you! You can see my Liveries on YouTube on my page "WeAreTheKBProductions"

10. koriib

koriib New Member

Thank you very much! I believe I'm gonna start over again since i did get so much better with my Livery creations and can make them more real and try new designs on engines and cars. ( I only do Freight). If you want, you can see my Liveries on YouTube @ "WeAreTheKBProductions". Again thank you very much for the help and I hope they either fix the Livery Editor with the 2.0 to not ever do this ever again or have a way to share liveries!

• Like Like x 1
  11. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

My xbox hasn't let me save a livery in over 6 months. 163/300 slots used. I have over 100gb free space on my xbox. The only possible issue I could think of is that I was trying to make signal guides for the routes and had saved a huge amount of railfan photos. However if those were somehow affecting it I'd have expected them to say as much. It sucks because I don't want to erase hours and hours of work just to find out the problem hasn't been fixed and now I'm out all my work.