Information After Update 1.55 Playstation 4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Nov 3, 2021.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

After today's update I want to bring you some feedback:

- London Commuter:
    >> 377 SN and 387 GX HASN'T BEEN FIXED YET the cab interior sound is unacceptable!
    >> Long Haul scenario is still out of order, not being able to complete it.
    >> Problems with AI trains crashing HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET.

- Dresden:
    >> No updates have been made on this route, this is disappointing, we still have AI trains stuck in the middle of the route, game crashes in the vicinity of Dresden, plus Red Signs advanced by AI trains.

- Motion Blur:
    The disabling of the "Motion Blur" function hasn't been fixed yet, the JD had already informed that it would be fixed and it still hasn't.

- LIRR:
    >> M7 and M3 LIRR HAVE NOT YET HAD THEIR DRIVING SOUND FIXED, EVEN TWO MONTHS AFTER THE RUSH HOUR LAUNCH.

We are still waiting for the most obvious problems in the game to be fixed, which need to be resolved soon.

• Like Like x 11
  2. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

I take your word for it, the same thing happens here on my PS4 Pro, mainly in relation to the Long Haul scenario in London Commuter. Right away you can see that the arrival time in East Croydon is wrong...

• Like Like x 3
  3. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

Nothing has changed for me on the PS4 either, the DLC Dresden Riesa is unfortunately a disaster and it's no longer fun to play on this route.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with the interior sounds of the 377 and 387? I’ve been in the cab irl and it sounds good, not perfect but good.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with the electrostar cab sounds, are they too loud, too quiet?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Add:
    Talent 2 from Rapid Transit texture is broken since 4.26 update making impossible to enjoy the route...(pzb also broken)
    MSB track rendering is horrible especially roads besides route...
    A bunch of scenarios impossible to complete...that was working before 4.26 update...(Fast Lane also broken BML)

Hard to enjoy anything in this game at the moment...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

The 387 cab sounds are a joke. There is hardly any track sounds and the noise going over points seem to have been sampled from a child's 3 inch football rattle. What is worse is that the irritating rattle happens when you are nowhere near points, usually on an open stretch of track! When you actually crossover points... Nothing, Nada, Zilch.

Given all the other problems with BML, this is low down on the list of things that need fixing. I'll download 1.55 now and give it a go. If the game breaking stutter on the route is reduced then things are moving in the right direction.

8. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

So true!

• Like Like x 1
  9. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hi Mikael

I'm not sure what you mean by the interior cab sound being unacceptable. I am on a PS4 and this is what it sounds like on my machine:

Does yours sound different? Electrostar drivers very rarely drive with the windows open and the above is with them closed. I have been on a cab ride in a 377 and the above sounds are very very close to reality.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

The random rattle I believe is intentional, I seem to remember TrainSim-Matt mentioned it in one of the streams.
    I don't mind it per se, I'd like to see more realistic sounds in this area, the random rattles, squeaks and groans that rolling stock has.
    I can't comment on the 387 as I'm not knowledgeable on southern EMU traction and if I'm honest they all sound pretty much the same (is that being trainist?!) (Backlash incoming!). Electric traction to me should sound like this!

• Like Like x 4
  11. tcmikaelsouza

Olá (Hello) bart2day,

The internal sound of the Locos 377 SN and 387 GX in the cabin is very low, if you control with the windows open, the sound of the loco is practically inaudible, with the right window open you can still hear very little, when you open the left window , what happened is a very high wind noise, not to mention the sounds of the security systems that are practically inaudible, TrainSim-Matt himself, in a stream, lost a signal because it was inaudible.

The sound of the Loco itself IS PERFECT, but if you compare it to the 377 on ECW and 375 on SEHS, you can see that in fact the internal sound of the cabin is absurdly lower, I've done several comparisons to see if it wasn't something from my head, but it's not if you have ECW and SEHS, do the test yourself and you'll see that inside the cabin there is practically no sound of traction.

12. tcmikaelsouza

Complementing the comments of colleagues, The talent 2 in RT is actually poorly textured, when you move away from the loco it gets weird, and when you get closer it normalizes.

in fact THE SOUND OF LOCOS IS PERFECT when you use the external camera, I have lately been using the front external camera, in front of the loco to be able to enjoy the sound, but INSIDE THE CABIN IS VERY LOW, when you open the right window is less low, and when you open the left window you hear a deafening wind noise, if you want compare with the locos of ECW and SEHS.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  13. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Not satisfied with this update. I always wondered why everybody kept talking about the game crashing because the game never crashed on me except for the BR 101 issue but that was not whilst driving. London Commuter actually crashed whilst driving. Sure the lag is less but if the game crashes the route becomes useless. I hope this crashing is kept to London Commuter and did not creep into other routes with this update.

14. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Disappointing to hear this, but doesn't surprise me. Been giving the game a break for a bit, it's just not fun to play with all the issues.. :|

• Like Like x 1
  15. tcmikaelsouza

bart2day Mkdog45 I want to invite you to see my transmission so you can hear the difference between the sound inside and outside the cabin of the Class 377 SN, note that the traction sound inside the cabin is significantly lower, given the proper proportions, you don't you hear that nice traction sound to hear when it reaches 30km/h (20mph), so my indignation with the sound inside the cabin, listen to what happens when you open the window, I know that in real life you operate with the same closed, but I really like to hear the sound of loco.

EDIT: At the end I make a comparison with the internal sound of Locos 377 SN (LBN / ECW) and 375 SEB.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD, TrainSim-Matt Sorry to be annoying about this and pester you, but I wouldn't if it wasn't important, please tell me at least you're looking at this, I love this game, and this route especially and it breaks my heart to see this kind of failure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. antwerpcentral

How can you love this route? I noticed yesterday that I could really not enjoy this route. I was more focussed on how the performance was than on the route itself. The performance still didn't feel good and then the game crashed. How can you love such a troublesome route? :D

18. tcmikaelsouza

When I bought the TSW2 I bought the deluxe version, which came with ECW, and then I always dreamed of seeing the northern extension of this route from Brighton to London Victoria, and when it was announced, I was ecstatic, I feel frustrated for not being able to enjoy this route with so many problems it has, but I ended up having a fondness for Class 377, in fact the entire Electrostar family, so it makes me so fond of this line, ECW and SEHS, and look that I have all the routes Germans because I love Talent 2, ICE 403 and 406, but the English routes won me over too, I hope these problems are resolved, it's still less worse than Dresden, which keeps crashing, has IA trains crashing the same way and even worse, with SPADs all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Got update 1.55 and ran some tests.

1) Using scenario builder London>Brighton service with class 47 and just one AI service the level of stuttering was reduced slightly. There still are numerous stutters between Victoria and East Croydon with the worst one being between Battersea and Clapham at the double girder bridge passing over the lines that run to Waterloo (IIRC). Exiting Clapham was quite choppy with more serious stutters around Croydon. All in all a slight but not too impressive improvement.

I then tried some timetable services.

2) The 2B30 Victoria>Sutton 377 stopping service. Here there was a noticeable improvement in frame rates in Victoria itself even with several other trains in the station. Similarly driving the route seemed smoother with passing trains now NOT jerking past wth absurdly low framerates. Frame rates were reduced but NOT as bad as before the update. Strangely the big stutter at the double girder bridge (see above) was greatly reduced too.

3) Next I tried the 1W26 Victoria to Brighton 387 GX. The stuttering was alot more noticeable than the shorter 2B30 run and the double girder bridge STUTTER was back. Framerates with passing trains was again improved but not as good as on the shorter route.There was a definite improvement but still a lot of work to be done.

In conclusion it seems that the route length seems to be a huge contributor to the game breaking stutter. The 1.55 patch has brought some improvements to performance but it still falls way short of what it should be.

YES! You are absolutely right on that. I tried out the 387 using external camera and the sound is very good but when you switch to cab view it is awful.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tcmikaelsouza

This is my main point, besides being too low, if you open the right window, a little better, but when you open the right window, you're faced with a very high wind sound, breaking all immersion.

21. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD, Can you position us if you are checking the points listed in this forum?

22. tcmikaelsouza

Guys, good morning. I had opened a call to ratify the sound problems at Locos 377 SN, 387 GX, M3 and M7 LIRR, the DTG staff informed that they were already aware of the problem and that they will solve it, the deadline we know is impossible to predict, but just knowing that they're going to solve it alleviates a little, let's wait.

• Like Like x 2
  23. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I honestly don’t get what you’re all saying is wrong with the sounds? I play on a reasonably high volume and it sounds perfect….of all the things we need “fixing” this (whatever needs fixing) has to be at the bottom of the list and they need to fix the pressing issues first.

• Like Like x 4
  24. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

CN Oakville Subdivision training introduction not working, cant finished because cant change camera mode to FPS mode on the and FFS! :mad:

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The sounds on PS5 keep cutting out and sound distorted.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If it's an older route training module do you need to be using the Classic controls, holding L3 and selecting a view, rather than tapping it to switch?

• Like Like x 1
  27. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

They don’t on mine and I’m sure I don’t have some sort of super powerful ps5. Have you checked your tv sound settings? Do you have ps5 3D sound setting on that was recently introduced via a firmware update? I know that’s caused some issues.
    Honestly the only cutting out I get is exactly where it’s supposed to cut out, on third rail gaps.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Every other route, every other game has no issues. Just BML. I have posted video of it. I’m not the only one experiencing it on PS5 either.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2021
  29. james.caton

james.caton Member

I'm on PS5 and I'm not getting that sound problem, try reinstalling the game.

• Like Like x 1
  30. antwerpcentral

Can someone explain why every issue with this game needs a reinstall of the game? I really don't understand this. I'm a Mac and Playstation user for over 20 years and reinstalling apps or games almost never appears to be a part of my problem shooting checklist because that's a solution when nothing else works. TSW2 is the first game I ever reinstalled on Playstation to solve an issue but that still made sense because I had to remove a piece of DLC. But reinstalling for a sound issue? It doesn't make any sense. It's a console not a PC. Removing games you do on a console because you ran out of disk-space. I don't want to make a comparison with the worst game launch in recent history but "try reinstalling Cyberpunk" was even never a thing :D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have. Three times with varying levels of other DLC installed. I have also rebuilt the PS5 database several times. It is a problem with the route. Not the game, PS5 or my TV.

• Like Like x 2
  32. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Of course I did, essentially the game itself switches to the classic controls but nothing helps, it’s a bug that hasn’t been resolved like hundreds and thousands of other bugs! That wasn't on that route before! BTW I know what I’m doing because I’ve been playing TSW since day one and I have all the add ones! Also it has been my job for 25 years! ;)
    Thanks though for wanting to help! :cool:
    It doesn't matter, if they ever solve well, if they don't solve it, we will continue to drive trains!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  33. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Problem is, we cannot drive trains on what we want to, because so called fixes broke, other parts of the "Game" " Simulation" whatever you want to call it.

• Like Like x 2
  34. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I agree but no help, fortunally.

35. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Ok that’s driving with the window open which I never do. That will never get fixed I’m afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  36. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Probably :cool: One picture for that;):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. tcmikaelsouza

dan5324 Thanks for your feedback, but if you look at my entire dossier throughout this forum, comparing the sound of Locos 377 SN in LBN and in ECW you will notice that there is sound distortion and the locomotive traction sound is faulty, please read every article and watch the video I shared and notice the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  38. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Excellent driving on the video though, perfect actually. And the sound glitches are incredibly distracting

39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

40. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning friends,

The people at DTG have been very silent these last few weeks, I hope we have more assertive updates.

• Like Like x 1
  41. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I thought we are getting a update every week are we getting a update this week

• Like Like x 1
  42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It would be nice to be kept updated about when updates are due. I mean, when is the updated Peninsula Corridor being released? That’s been ready for weeks. There needs to be more communication about what is happening. There are several community managers and nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  43. antwerpcentral

I don't mind that they are being quiet. This means they are very busy squashing bugs and squeezing out every bit of memory instead of selling us their next DLC.

A silent DTG is good for performance and my wallet :D

• Like Like x 1
  44. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

The community managers won’t be silent because they are away squishing bugs, that’ll be down to the bug squishing team! There will be another reason for their silence

• Like Like x 2
  45. tcmikaelsouza

I think on Friday they released the broadcast week, saying it would be quiet because a lot of people would have days off.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  46. antwerpcentral

Isn't one of the jobs of the community manager to translate dev speak to consumer speak? This could mean the list with squashed bugs is very very long

Yes I do believe in Santa, you should to :D

47. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning. DTG's silence regarding the points listed here is absurd, I hope you bring good points today in the Roadmap, and that you bring some patch today or this week...

48. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning. DTG's silence regarding the points listed here is absurd, I hope you bring good points today in the Roadmap, and that you bring some patch today or this week...

49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. I hope the roadmap shows some positive movement in regards to the plethora of Rush Hour and 4.26 related issues and also movement in regards to the PS5 DLC and trophy issues. I’d also like to see a release date for the Peninsula Corridor improvements which seem to have been on the roadmap for far too long. If the roadmap stream is just going to be a repeat of previous roadmaps - going over the same things over and over again - I’ll probably not be tuning in (again). I didn’t bother with the previous one either.

• Like Like x 3
  50. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have only ever watched one Roadmap and although it was interesting, nothing much was really said about anything. More Waffle than Substance sadly for me. Maybe others get something from it, but more frustration for me in wanting some "Real" news that stuff has been fixed. Not the normal "Oh we will be fixing that" and then nothing till the next Roadmap "Oh we will be fixing that". I look forward to maybe seeing some positives, come out of tonight's one, from others on this forum.

For me a more productive evening, out for a meal and a few pints with some railway friends.

• Like Like x 3