Northern Trans Pennine: Br Gt3, Fictitious In A Good Way

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Nov 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I mean we all like Accuracy, but what about something a Little more, Fictitious in Nature but can be Reasonable to see as Plausible, let’s Play with that with the
    GT3 Gas Turbine,
    B2306D3A-95AD-4D84-9653-4D8A642B680A.jpeg

This loco with only 1 Prototype built in 1961 by English Electric, was a Gas Turbine, and it looked a lot like a steam engine, with a 4-6-0 arrangement and a Tender, this meant it had to be Turned Around at the end of a run, which is Against what British rail wanted, and Being a gas turbine the Design failed and wasn’t developed Upon, but what if it was, what if it was a Success and saw further Builds, well that the Point here, which is why I suggest it for NTP, now when TSC Got a DLC Based on the GT3 Victory works added a Fictional Blue livery which kinda inspired the making of this post,
    You can even give it a Fictional TOPS Number, I think Class 49 would be a good choice for that.
    4C0843DE-DEF5-438B-A195-FC3F42C4046C.jpeg
    These units would run the Passenger trains of Trans Pennine, well new Services would be added because of how the Substituion system works, but they can layer to other places that would be Considered fitting.

End:
    Well that’s it, something Fictional in Nature but would be a Nice addition to an Already great Route, and in my Opinion the Idea of Something Fictitious (in a good way) has Untapped Potential in TSW2, I’m out of here see you some other time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I would love to have the GT3 as a separate locomotive add on to the Woodhead Line if that route was added to the game..

3. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I can agree I too want a Woodhead route, but I doubt dovetail is doing another Trans Pennine mainline like woodhead, so I chose NTP, after all it is the Closest you might get to Woodhead.

4. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

ok.. then I fully agree. Wouldn't hurt to have the APT-P for WCML set in the 80s again if that would ever be released.