Timetables On Platforms

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by antwerpcentral, Nov 5, 2021.

?
  1. Oh yes please

2. Worst idea ever

3. the problem with this idea is (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I remember one of the first thing I did in this game when exploring was walking over to a panel on the platform to click it to reveal the timetable for the station. There wasn't one.

Yesterday I saw the stream of Cornwall and was surprised to see CRT's on the platform. The CRT's didn't work and that looked very authentic to me because that's how PIS in the 90's was. Worked half of the time so we mainly used the the timetable panels to see when the train arrived.

So many work is being put in PIS but why have there never been timetables on the platforms before PIS became a thing?

• Like Like x 5
  2. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

This is the ideal solution to routes like NTP and tvl so we can see the arrival times of trains without innacurate pis

• Like Like x 5
  3. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I like the Idea, mabye this could be also a route task, like the route maps

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That can also work and I'm wondering if this also applies to Belgian SNCB NMBS routes like L37 Aachen to Liège.

5. antwerpcentral

We do still have the timetable panels in Belgium or are they being phased out?

I'm really wondering why this never has been in the game because it seems such a simple low cost solution? It could even be a pop up with a PDF file.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you could make it work resolution-wise. Here's what they look like in Germany (rather packed as you can see):
    [​IMG]
    Yellow is departures, white is arrivals. Plans are put together per platform if memory serves.

Possible, I guess, but probably a bit of work to implement for a very niche feature - especially considering that the now-standard PIS boards more or less give you the same information.

7. antwerpcentral

PDF wouldn't be the best solution indeed but I guess it is not that much of work. The data is already in the game. I'm not a spreadsheet wizard but it looks to me something like: send some spreadsheets to art department and done.

Ok I probably make it sound easier than it is :D

Does every platform that has PIS in game have a PIS system in real life? I've seen so many stations in this game that I doubt would have a PIS system on every platform in real life.

Is it a niche feature? Am I the only one that clicked a panel the first time they walked on a platform in the game and thought "oh no interaction?" Next I clicked the seats to go sit and came to the conclusion "not much to click here, lousy service in this station" :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Good point. Yeah, not every station has a real PIS system in real life.

I would welcome timetables on stations, but it‘s probably one of those nice to have features that will never make it to the top of the to do list.

• Like Like x 1