Cornwall, 90s , Fantastic.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appledates#4945, Nov 4, 2021.

1. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Hi! I just wanted to make a post on how Cornwall is a great addition to TSW2. The class 150 and class 37 make great locomotives to run over the winding hills and along the coast. The route being set in the 1990s also adds to the charm. I love what Rivet has done with the coast line and the waves and what they have done with the scenery around this whole route. I hope others are also enjoying it and the addition of NTP layers really adds a lot as well! Great job Rivet Games and I hope you continue the great work as your adding a lot of new, and awesome content to TSW2 for us to enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I love British routes but I'm still pondering weather to pick this add-on or not , is it similar both scenery wise and train wise to say TVL NTP AND wsr?

• Like Like x 2
  3. appledates#4945

I’d say it has the feel of TVL but having the ocean side and more forest areas instead of industrial. I enjoyed TVL a lot by the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It seems to be a “marmite” route judging by the comments on the forums. (You love it or hate it for our non British friends).

Personally I am quite happy with it. There is certainly scope for improvement, especially in certain areas of scenery but overall, I am enjoying it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It has a few twists such as long single track sections, long running between signals and then bam you've got a red light to deal with
    The "go via" thing is a bit cackhanded, but DTG have made their own bed with the dispatcher on that one.
    I have enjoyed what I've played of it so far.
    Might do a postal run next

• Like Like x 2
  6. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

The 'go via' thing doesn't really bother me (it's not a new thing) but what inevitably put me off the purchase was the repeated 'only a small team...no promises' thing from Jasper when the subject of improvements was touched on during the stream. Looking at the PC forums it's clear to see there are still areas of concern to address and whilst most (myself included) may view those concerns as a bit finicky or nit-picking (or even a touch anti-Rivet) they are nonetheless there to be looked at...and given Rivet's less than impressive post-release track record, the repeated "small team" comments do beggar the question as to whether or not they will be looked at now that it is no longer compulsory to abide by the terms and conditions imposed on them by DTG in order to get their product to market.

I personally don't have a problem with miscellaneous bugs and glitches (within reason, of course) that get fixed over a period of time but I do have a problem with bugs and glitches that never get fixed. Judging by historic comments from the community regarding both IoW and (especially) Arosa it's more than apparent that Rivet previous releases have fallen into the latter category and to be brutally honest there wasn't really anything in the stream to suggest that was going to change in the future.

On a positive note though, unlike IoW and Arosa (which I will never buy for as long as I have the proverbial hole in my you-know-what) WCL is a slightly better "wait and see" for me because although it ticks many boxes I need to be nothing less than 100% sure this isn't another "here's our new route...and by the way, here's that patch you've all been waiting 12 months for" scenario in the making like Arosa was.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. appledates#4945

Well in my opinion you can’t really go by the comments the community makes because a lot of it is isn’t as bad as some of the community make it seem, Rivet started making TSW2 content in 2019 and with routes like Arosa being their 2nd route, it may have some faults but they definitely were delivering a unique route we had never seen before for TSW. They have mentioned that they play on fixing some things for Arosa but I can understand why they might have a hard time because they not only need to work on upcoming projects but just trying to sort the issues seems like a challenge in itself.

• Like Like x 2