Rush Hour Season Ticket Sale Should Continue Dovetail Not Stop

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ace, Nov 5, 2021.

1. ace

ace Member

I bought the Rush Hour Season Ticket on my PS4, and besides numerous issues, I'm fairly pleased with it. But a lot of other players haven't bought it because of the underlying issues with the game across all platforms. I think Dovetail should keep the RH Season Ticket on sale at it's current price as a thank you to the legion of supporters who have stuck with them through this current "season" of issues. Maybe till the new year. Just a thought....

• Like Like x 5
  2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I agree with you, at least up to most of the problems contained in Rush Hour lines, not so much in Boston, but mainly in Dresden which is always crashing or in LBN which has some tricky glitches. However, I believe it is a way of encouraging those who did not buy for various problems or reasons to buy soon and take advantage of the discount, I think that every season pass after a while left the market.

• Like Like x 1
  3. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

… legion of supporters who haven’t bought the product? And potentially moaned about the product despite not buying it?

nah… it’s been on sale for a very reasonable price for months; why does it need to be kept at a reduced price for “loyal” customers who haven’t jumped in already?

as an aside, I did get it day 1, have enjoyed it lots, have parked it while some of the issues are worked through, and have gone back to play some older routes that have been touched up…

and yes, I’ve bought lots of stuff since… the 313, Cornwall local, the br heavy freight pack (resented that one a bit!!) and all of the west Somerset content which is at a great price right now and had loads of work done to it since launch. (Inspired by WCL and streams)

so yes, very much appreciating ALL the content I’ve paid for and the effort DTG keep putting in to improving it and I don’t really understand why the Season Ticket price should be retained any longer… jump in or don’t, the choice is yours

• Like Like x 10
  4. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

How they have the nerve to up the price when it's strewn with errors and crashes is beyond me, someone high up in the company needs to address the order in which they fix bugs, fix the gameplay first and then work on sounds, paint etc, it's really not rocket science folks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

You raise a fair point. When they close the season ticket they are actually giving a final date on when all the problems with the Rush Hour routes should be fixed. I try to be optimistic about the improvements but we won't get the everything-is-fixed patch by the 11th.

• Like Like x 1
  6. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

I have to agree to be honest… uptil the rush hour “farce” I loved the game I’ve bought every dlc and add on… however since the attitude of “it’s not us it’s Sony just wait” and the complete lack of generally appearing to give a fig via tickets I’ve held off buying anything or tbh even playing the game for a long time now which is such a shame as I have racked up many hours of complete enjoyment upto then… I keep watching the forum and social media to see people posting about stuff not working or glitches.. hopefully they might turn it around again soon… (getting rid of that awful start screen would be a first)

• Like Like x 5
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I agree. It was made available at a significant discount to allow people to "take a chance" on it before having even seen all three routes. If you didn't want to take that chance, then you don't get the benefit. You can't claim that it's a slight against those loyal folks who buy every route - those people have already bought it.

I'm not following your logic here at all. If introductory / early bird discounts remained in place until everyone was satisfied with the quality of a route, nothing would ever be full price!

• Like Like x 2
  8. antwerpcentral

Introductory? Early bird discounts? I'm not familiar with these terms in gaming. I know terms like early access and season pass. I never seen season passes that were removed from stores in this way.

My point is that the season ticker was called Rush Hour which had 3 Rush Hour routes. Until now we got 2 Rush Hour routes and a route that still needs to be Rush Houred and I'm not expecting BLM to get Rush Hour passengers before the 11th

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factor41

It doesn't really matter whether you're familiar with them or not. Yes, BML needs more work (which routes don't?), but I did a couple of services yesterday with no real trouble other that a lower frame rate around London Victoria.

If you want the pack at a significantly reduced price, buy it now. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It really is that simple.

• Like Like x 1
  10. antwerpcentral

That is your opinion, just an opinion.

It's called a season ticket, if it was a early bird discount they would have named it that.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Factor41

Well yeah, of course it is. That's how these things work. The Season Pass being ready for removal is also DTG's opinion, though, and that's what really matters here. So regardless of my opinion, or your opinion of my opinion, your opinion about their opinion really counts for nothing - in my opinion. Buy it, or don't buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. antwerpcentral

And my opinion is that it isn't ready for removal. Sue me

• Like Like x 2
  13. Factor41

Nobody's getting sued because honestly, nobody cares.

It'll be gone in a few days and you'll forget it was ever even a thing. And if you want the routes, you can just buy the Deluxe Edition for the same money. Then you can turn your attention to some other crusade of utmost importance – in your opinion. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. antwerpcentral

Maybe in your world the messages on the TSW2 are of utmost important. I don't work here. To me it's just a forum. Like this thing where people discuss opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Factor41

I'm going to assume English isn't your first language, because it seems like you're losing quite a lot in translation, but since you're desperate to have the last word, I'll call it a day here. Off you go...

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s these kinds of interactions on the forum that confirm for me that it is Sunday and I have to get ready to go to my in-laws for my tea, which they call dinner. We’ll never agree on that. Food for thought.

• Like Like x 9
  17. antwerpcentral

Really? My name is Antwerp Central, my avatar is of the Belgian railways and you assume English is not my mother tongue. I'll take it as a compliment that there was even doubt about that. :D

If you want I'll type in Dutch if it makes it easier for you to understand me

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. PHJ-MGF

I think that says it all about how often we get fully working DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PHJ-MGF

WOW, have you ever considered race relations as a career? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Factor41

See, this is the trouble with faceless forums. When conversations become ridiculously circular — see "Nobody cares" / "Maybe in your world it's of utmost important" – it's often difficult to tell whether it's the subtleties of language that have been lost or you've ended up in a pointless loop with an angry teenager (or perhaps both, who knows?).

In any case, and with no disrespect to anyone's language skills, it's generally best policy to exit the conversation. I should have done that a long time ago. Otherwise the season ticket will be dead and gone and this creaky old thread will be pointlessly trundling on for all eternity.

• Like Like x 2
  21. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Actually, the Belgians I’ve met (both in England and on a visit to Bruges) speak very good English.

• Like Like x 1