PC Cornish Circle Power Issue Br Class 150

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by jeff.engle, Nov 5, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

West Cornwall Local
    Scenario for Long Rock - Penzance - Truro - Penzance (A Cornish Circle) power issue with the Class 150. Turned AWS on at 2nd or 3rd stop after departure from Penzance. Made it through the first half of the scenario (Penzance - Truro) without problems. On the way back (Truro - Penzance), after second stop I believe, missed one of the AWS checks. Silenced AWS. Afterwards unable to maintain power. After reaching abt 40 MPH (uphill or downhill) engine drops (you can hear it) and speed decreases. If I stop I can start again and get back up to about 40 (uphill or downhill) then power drops again. Turned AWS Off, no difference. Turned it back on, no difference. Tried max power of 5, 6 and 7 - still no difference.

West Cornwall Tutorials indicate Read the Manual for more detailed info (looking for AWS info especially). Where's the manual? Didn't see it on Dovetail or Rivet Games website.

Sidenote - In general I love the route. Wonderful scenery. In my (non-Brit) view, the Class 37 is AMAZING. I love that throaty roar! The Slow Ride scenario is really fun - ran it twice after completing the tutorials. Thanks for putting together such a fun route & loco.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  2. NQuarter

NQuarter Member

It's because when you swapped ends, you Alerters is still activating in the Rear Cab. Although the E-Brakes are applied in the Rear, it doesn't seem to "stop" the Front Cab from accelerating, although slow and tediously.

I noticed when I struggled going up a hill, thought it was very strange, then when I went to Coast going downhill, the Loco was slowing down and then stopped.. Jumped outside and ran to the Rear Cab to check it out. Alerter was going crazy and the E-Brakes were on. After sorting that out, and turning the Safety System on the Rear off, some comical things happened...

As I was stopped on a downgrade, and as the Loco stopped from coasting, once I fixed the Rear, I actually had no brakes on as I never applied them in the Front... had me running after it trying to jump back in...

However, I did get back in, and the problem was fixed after that! =]

But yes, it does need to be patched.

3. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

That makes sense. Thanks. I’ll give it another try and make sure the alerter is off when I switch ends and then turn it back.

4. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

CONFIRMED
    Issue is that the AWS is selected on one end of the train and when you go to the other end of the train without turning off the AWS the driver is unable to reset AWS. The same thing happens with the door switches too.