PlayStation Major Technical Issues In Hamburg-lübeck

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joji, May 14, 2021.

1. joji

joji Member

After playing for a few hours there are many major issues (and a lot of additional annoyances) in the DLC. They make many parts of the game unplayable and should be fixed as soon as possible. Actually it's astonishing that the route got green lighted for release in this state, because you notice all of the problems within the first two or three runs. So can we assume there no testing at all before this €29,99 DLC was released?

Here's a list I'll try to keep up to date:
    • You can only drive the 112 from Hamburg to Lubeck, for runs from Lubeck to Hamburg, only the control car can be used. This should be mixed as it is in real life.
    • There's a weird 90 km/h limit around Bargteheide that lasts like 1 meter. It doesn't exist in real life on the two main tracks and it wouldn't make any sense either. There might be a 90 limit on one of the side tracks and it was falsely placed on the two main tracks. This should be removed and fixed as it disturbs the Express/IC runs a lot.
    • Wheel slip is way to sensitive. When it rains, you have to accelerate the 112 at max. 60% (which is very very slow) – otherwise you'll experience wheel slip. This is far away from reality, the 112 can basically accelerate just as fast during rain.
    • Dosto's rare lights are disabled by default. At the beginning of every run, you'll have to run to the back to turn them on (which then disables the cab lights of the last car)
    • The rare lights of the 112 are always on, they should obviously be disabled. So yet another thing to do before you can depart. I guess instead of lighting up the rare lights of the Dosto, the loco's rear lights are enabled.
    • The Ampere meter of the 112 doesn't work properly, it just jumps straight to 600 A when you accelerate and back to 0 when the loco is idle. Same in the control car. It should show the current Amperage being used, just like the other German locos that have an Ampere meter.
    • The lighting at stations and platforms is not working properly. If you do winter runs in the early morning, they're usually disabled, meaning you're traveling through a pitch black city.
    • The scenario were you drive to Bargteheide and back to Hamburg is broken. You can't get the train running when switching to the control car in Bargteheide. Also the destination displays on the train and the platforms are broken – they show Hamburg Hbf from the beginning, even though they should show Bargteheide until you return back to Hamburg.
    • There's no way to change the destination screens in the 112 and the control car manually, the little device to change the display is blank/off in the 112 and has no usable buttons in the control car.
    • The schedule is off: On the run from Lubeck to Hamburg, the RB is departing first. The RE is departing a few minutes later. In Bad Oldesloe, the RB stops at one of the tracks on the right side, while the RE stops and overtakes the RB at Bad Oldesloe.
    • Rain gets through the roof of Hamburg Hbf.
    MRCE 182 specific issues:
    • In the no.1 cab, instrument lights are not lit, and pushing the button to increase instr.lights doesn't work
    • In the no.2 cab, instrument lights are lit, but pushing button to increase or decrease intr.lights doesn't work
    • In the no.2 cab, left hand side multifunctional screen does not work
    • In the no.2 cab, opening windows does not have any impact on sound whatsoever.
    • You can't enable rear lights on the other side of the 182. There's one scenario were you drive on solo to rescue a stalled RE, and you'll have to drive with front lights only.
    There appear to be more problems when you try to run the 101 on the line.

This list is not even touching the fact that the 112 is basically a low-effort reskin of the 143 with terrible sound and inaccurate layouts of many elements. Also the Dostos are just recycled 1:1, which means you can't even enter the train properly at many stations and it looks completely off and weird. In real life high-entry Dostos are used, the doors are just over the wheel sets.

This is extremely disappointing and it'll be the last DLC I'm going to buy full priced on release day. Unfortunately the strategy seemingly shifts from delivering high quality content to releasing as many pricey DLCs as fast as possible, given that many of the major issues in previous DLCs haven't been touched at all. I can only hope that with this DLC it will be different, but my refund has already been requested. I might pick this route up again when I can be sure most of the above has been fixed and it is on sale.

EDIT: I've added some additional bugs that I've noticed and other people have reported
    EDIT 2: Removed bugs that have been fixed in the latest patch, added more bugs I've noticed.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Here's a couple more all on the MRCE 182

- PZB lights don't work on the dashboard (major issue for me)
    - AFB doesn't work properly. When you reduce AFB speed, the train will brake far lower than the speed you selected (eg: I had it set to 70, reduced it to 40 kph, and the train almost came to a stop before going back up to 40)
    - In the no.1 cab, instrument lights are not lit, and pushing the button to increase instr.lights doesn't work
    - In the no.2 cab, instrument lights are lit, but pushing button to increase or decrease intr.lights doesn't work
    - In the no.2 cab, left hand side multifunctional screen does not work
    - In the no.2 cab, opening windows does not have any impact on sound whatsoever.

• Like Like x 7
  3. joji

joji Member

Can confirm all the above MRCE 182 bugs as well

4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

The Ampere meter of the doesn't work properly when you accelerate in the dostos it gets to about 40 kmp and it tries to accelerate and brake at the same time until it gets to around 80 - 85 kmph.

i think on one journey or scenario i only got a top speed of 75-80 kmph and the line speed was 160 i think it was the ice scenario

5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Dave, were you driving full throttle? I had that problem too, but thought it was just wheel slip due to too much power applied. I found that driving the cab car with a max of about 75-80 % throttle, it works a lot better

• Like Like x 1
  6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Ampère meter is indeed not working properly. When its in notch one (or a other one except 0), it goes immediately to 600 A. Its just 0 or 600 A.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

its definitely not wheelslip cos the sign would come up on the hub (red squiggly lines ). this never happened when driving dostos on other routes and its the same dosto recycled

8. unknown_guy00

unknown_guy00 New Member

I don't know but the loco brake's animation in cab 2 (MRCE 182) is broken too...
    The BR 112's loco brake has only animation... No brake force applying..
    BR 112+control car applies too much power and trips.. Managing speed is hard...

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. joji

joji Member

I tried to play a few more runs and scenario and noticed so many more issues, I stopped writing them down. Super frustrating. I just wrote Sony in hope they make an exception and refund the purchase.

10. unknown_guy00

unknown_guy00 New Member

And yes can confirm..
    You usually don't get a signal/sign about an upcoming speed restriction wheter it's on a sign or on a signal..
    For example I'm going to Lübeck Gbf from Rothenburgsort and when you get to a small climb into the main line you get a 60 km/h restriction.. Didn't see a single sign..

11. RtHonHaligon

RtHonHaligon New Member

What do you mean by "entirely"? I have found that an emergency brake triggers the Main Circuit Breaker. If I set the Throttle/AFB to Off and press the MCB switch, that reenables the loco, but I think that's realistic behaviour?

• Like Like x 1
  12. unknown_guy00

unknown_guy00 New Member

IT WAS ADDED???!!! omg that is realistic yes..
    gonna try now

SIFA didn't turn it off.
    Strange.. PZB didn't too..
    ??

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  13. unknown_guy00

unknown_guy00 New Member

Also I found out that the emergency brake button does nothing on the BR 112 (not the valve)

14. joji

joji Member

It's not realistic behavior, but thanks for the tip, I'll try that out. IRL the 112 should be up an running when using the PZB Free button after coming to a complete stop, releasing the breaks and turning AFB off before setting the desired speed again.

Yes, I noticed this too.

15. unknown_guy00

unknown_guy00 New Member

Well to be honest it kinda is.. Numerous systems turn the MCB off to prevent traction being applied..
    It's still weird that it didn't happen for me.. Maybe it's fixed??

16. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

I am genuinely convinced they don’t have a QA team and use the whole “release now, fix later” mindset, practically leaving the consumer to pay to test the game and hope they actually fix the problems before they can play it properly.

17. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well like i've said before we only have to spend $20/30 for the honor to be play testers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. joji

joji Member

The latest patch has at least fixed some of the game breaking bugs like PZB and AFB in the MRCE. However many other issues unfortunately remain.

19. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

DSC_0055.JPG no comment ?????!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

No snow on the roof of trains ?!
    :o

a93c2b5c-9773-4230-a42e-c959bace533a.jpeg

21. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Might be because it’s too hot inside :D nice Série 18 pic I love that locomotive along its cousin the CC 40100. I think HBK needs a huge patch like the ones for SEHS

22. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

Aaaah the CC 40100 and the trans europ express with inox car (ancestor of thalys) so much memories for me

• Like Like x 1
  23. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

i thought i will go for HHL at 20% OFF, but this thread is more than deterrent. Read somewhere else that the 112 loco brake does not work, which is confirmed here as well in post #8. Now 5 month later, did you see any improvements ? Mainly the independed brake ?

24. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

I've also noticed that loco brake handle in MRCE 182 moves forward-middle-forward in no.2 cab, meanwhile it should be forward-middle-reverse as it is at no.1 cab.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  25. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Scenario can be finished but if I remember correctly, you have to do some things additional then told to shut down the loko.

I can add that there are several connections from Lübeck to Hamburg that cannot be finished due to a train blocking Hamburg Hbf so that other trains in front of you cannot clear the tracks and you end in the area of Berliner Tor oder Wandsbek at a red signal and can never go on. Already took a ticket at support some time ago.

26. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Any idea what there is to do during switching the cabs?
    I have actually same issue (pc version).
    Arrived in Bargteheide and followed all instructions but after all nothing happens and the train do not want to move.
    The track signal is green.

Ive watched this video here and have done same steps but something is wrong in my case....

Any ideas?

27. Fear-Factor

Fear-Factor Well-Known Member

Ok, found now the solution for the "Bargteheide and back" scenario.
    When you enter the cab in direction of Hamburg just follow the steps but before you apply the acceleration lever do a full brake test first.
    Otherwise it will not work.

28. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

After like a year, i'm pretty sure that wasn't fixed.

29. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

No, the limit is exactly where it should be. Maybe it has been removed by now, but it was there to protect the bridge above the road. It is still there in openrailmaps:
    IMG_9983.jpeg

And I like it as it is, especially for the fast services, as it keeps you focused and makes the run more interesting…