Lumo 803 Blue Beauty.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 5, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The new uk lumo 803 limited service blue train might just make a good add on provided that one of the current uk routes has the route it runs on.

2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Add some details

• Like Like x 2
  3. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Probably not great option wise - 4 times a day with 3 stops in 400 miles - it doesn't have good gameplay potential

• Like Like x 2
  4. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

This would really not be suited to TSW at this present time. As of now, for this to be added, Dovetail would have to make a route that is 80 miles and would have to develop other locos as well for that route, otherwise, it would only have 4 Services.

5. SHINO BAZ

Well just look at the french tgv/lgv route it's 50 miles has one train type a grand total of 3 stops,so just hows a train service like lumo anymore different or limited then it is?

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Because the distance between the stations Lumo calls at is a lot more than 50 or 60 miles. So you'd be starting at a station but ending in the middle of nowhere.

7. SHINO BAZ

So none of these are currently on any tsw2 route?
    Edinburgh Waverley (St Andrew Square)
    Morpeth
    Newcastle
    Stevenage
    London King's Cross(It is truly surprising that this station isn't already on one of the current routes,it is a major station in london after all).

8. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

As of writing this reply, none of the Stations on the ECML (except Darlington on TVL) are in TSW or TSW2. Though the next UK route is probably going to be announced soon, considering we have not had a UK DLC announcement since May, so there is Hope.

• Like Like x 1
  9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Quite easy information to find:

Is there a route to Edinburgh? No.
    Is there a route to Morpeth? No.
    Is there a route to Newcastle? No.
    And so on.

And, regardless, unlike say the TGV, the stations (with the exceptions of Morpeth - Newcastle and Stevenage - Kings Cross, which are only 2 stations) are all too far apart.

Even Newcastle - Morpeth and Stevenage - Kings X aren't good options. They're only two stations for Lumo to serve, and would probably end up becoming very dull to drive.

The only benefit of the latter (Stevenage (or Peterborough) - Kings X) is that there could be plenty of LNER and Great Northern to make the route interesting.

So no- this is quite unlikely to work, unless we get the full ECML one day, even though that would still be split up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SHINO BAZ

There would be a big upside for lumo and perhaps also for dtg.for lumo with it being a new discount passenger line in the uk where dtg is based the exposurer in a game about trains would get there name out there in a unique way plus for dtg it would allow the hatachi 803 to be added to the game and add a nice long route plus kings cross station.Sounds like a win for all.

11. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Not really. You do not see the bigger picture here

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think the main difference is that once you get outside of Marseilles the TGV route is a dedicated line so you're only going to get TGV trains running there
    Can't say that for Waverley, Newcastle or the lines North of York where you're going to get a lot of Northern, XC, LNER and now Lumo trains (as well as a far amount of freight), so the task of making the route seem alive is much more difficult

Having had a look on RTT and some route maps maybe the line North from Newcastle to Chathill would be a possibility.
    LNER would stop at Newcastle and Alnmouth, there are Northern 158s that do the locals (from Carlisle to Chathill so calling at all stations) and Lumo trains stop at Newcastle and Morpeth before continuing North

Local runs would be 8 stops over about an hour, LNER 2 stops in 28 minutes, Lumo one stop only 14 mins, but with "start from a hold up" at Chathill. Throw in some freight and you've got a timetable
    Given the 80xs are similar if not exactly the same it would be doable?

13. SHINO BAZ

Given dovetail games love affair with recycling there trains and the fact they already have alot of uk engines and wagons and passenger carriages available,then along with lumo services they could layer in a nice selection of extra services and if the route was to be the 80 mile required then it be a good 1st step at making a longer route and helping premote the lumo service as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  14. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Unless soemthing's changed, LNER also stop at Morpeth. The Chathill train runs 4 times a day, twice in each direction. Until they can get the tools into a place whereby they can build descent quality routes in excess of 70 or 80 miles, I don't think we'll be seeing much of the ECML anytime soon, especially not the bit in Northumberland IMO.

Unfortunately, for the ECML in modern times, there are (currently, until the Thameslink 700 inevitably turns up) no trains that can be layered in, apart from freight and the railtour - this is why if they do a part of the ECML, they'll likely do London - Peterborough, as the 387s run down there (slightly different to the ones in BML but still), with the 800 and possibly a 717 as new train/s.

I'd like to see Lumo in the game, but I don't think it'll really be worthwhile and do it justice until we can get descent-looking, long routes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

It's due to change soon as ecml timetable is due to change next year stopping all services at Morpeth by LNER because of lumo

16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good idea but it needs ECML South London King's cross to Peterborough 121 kilometers 76 miles distance from TS22 remade to TSW 2.

17. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how feasible this all is, but here's a picture of it, since nobody's bothered to add one yet. I guess if they did build an 80X, it would be a good step towards a GWR / LNER / TPE one. Looks quite good in blue, though...

hitachi_at300_beaconrailfirstgroup02MattHowe_nner-1600x800.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or are people sad yellow fronts are being taken off new trains

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clumsy Pacer

Not really but it depends how well it's done. Some liveries I think really could do with the yellow front (like London Overground), others (like Crossrail) don't and look pretty good without the yellow.

It wouldn't - Lumo trains run non-stop from London to Newcastle, nearly 270 miles (one southbound train per day stops at Stevenage). It'd need Newcastle - Edinburgh.
    https://www.lumo.co.uk/plan-your-journey/our-timetable

• Like Like x 2
  20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Im trying to come up with a less exciting DLC with less variety and services for my money, other than the channel tunnel between Folkstone and Sangatte Im struggling, I mean atleast the Channel tunnel would see 2 different types of trains (if you throw in the Eurostar that could double) and far in excess of the 8 services a Lumo would offer.

Its a no from me

• Like Like x 1
  21. Clumsy Pacer

Oh yeah because only Lumo class 803s run on the ECML...

• Like Like x 1
  22. driverwoods#1787

You meant train simulator 22 Newcastle upon Tyne Edinburgh remade for train simulator world 2 by the original creator Just Trains if they wanted to be in TSW2.

23. Clumsy Pacer

Why would it have to be made by JustTrains?

• Like Like x 1
  24. trainsimplayer

Fun Fact: just because someone says "Newcastle - Edinburgh" doesn't mean they refer to the TS Version (this applies all the time you say "you mean train simulator 2022 [×]"

Also, just because JT made it on TS doesn't mean they have to.

Honestly every post I see of yours just confuses me- the logic used is almost incredibly wrong, and many things you mention are pointless or wrong.

For example, this one on another thread:
    Safety Systems are - in the context of a Suggestion - trivial.
    When the suggestion was literally this:
    The priorities would be:
    - The route (How long is it, what are the stations)
    - Services (How busy is it, how many services)
    - A couple of pictures, if they want.
    The priority isn't Safety Systems. Especially when the person in question clearly couldn't care enough to even tell us a thing about the route.

The short awnser is it doesn't.

Edit: bet driverwoods#1787 will just like this post and ignore it. Bet.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  25. SHINO BAZ

Matt said for the Boston Sprinter route that MBTA approach dtg about being added to a tsw2 route,So the idea of a company like lumo doing the same might be possible,provided someone there think about suggesting it.Unless someone at dtg calls lumo and ask if they might be interested in being included with a route as well.

26. SHINO BAZ

I think this train and the in game br class 395 are made by the same Japanese company hitachi which provided lumo with there new class 803.

27. driverwoods#1787

If the game needs more third parties to work on that's why I had to bring it up including this class 803

• Like Like x 1
  28. trainsimplayer

You said in that previous post a while ago it would have to be JT that made it- now it's just a case of getting more 3rd parties in?

• Like Like x 1
  29. ARuscoe

Probably true, but was trying to add something to the suggestion. There's not too many places up that end of the country that NEED mass transit, because everywhere's just a dinky town in the middle of some hills

Yeah, because its a blue 80x. It has no redeeming features ;)

30. SHINO BAZ

Really? That's what you use to sight this train as unworthy of being considered for tsw2 because it blue or it's only a 80x,Well the class 395 is also made by hitachi and sorta blue as well and it only claim to fame is the rare rainbow variation that many make a big deal about but other then that i could say it also not awash in redeeming features either.

Now as for adding Kings Cross station there a good reason behind that as well the possibility of a add on steam locomotive it's a 4-6-0 in this case red/black colors number 5972 and too many it would have at least one major redeeming feature.

31. ARuscoe

Sorry, where did I say or quote that it shouldn't be in the game?
    I quoted that nobody had posted a picture of it.

I want EVERY train in game, and every route in game, and preferably loads of timetables, adverse signals, long runs, short runs, freight runs etc etc

I know the javelin is first cousin to the 80x, I live in Gillingham, the picture I changed on my profile this morning is the clock in York station, taken last week (having been on an LNER 800), and we saw the Lumo take the avoiding lines just south of York

The fact I can book a ticket from KGX to EDB for £30 each way is excellent, and I hope next year I will have the time to do my intended trip from Kent to Wick and back ON one of those trains
    But for me, whether a train is green, red/white or blue doesn't change the outline of the train, hence not really requiring a photo of it in different pants

32. SHINO BAZ

There was one problem with the picture the train was missing it's lumo branding and that made it look plain and gave little to focus attention on other then it's blue color.Which could cause one to see it as unredeeming,that understandable.If for example the german Db Br 403/406 Ice had been pictured in plain white without it's branding it to might seem to be unredeeming.I guess a picture only worth 1000th words if there something to say about it other then it's just blue.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  33. trainsimplayer

Matt has said recently that they want to move away from reusing trains all that often, hence the Diesel unit for Dresden - Chemnitz, for example.

Since the release of TSW, we've had (including Rivet here)

- 1972 Stock (New!)
    - BR Class 483 (New!)
    - Class 375 (Modified from ECW 377)
    - Class 395 (New!)
    - Class 465 (New!)
    - Diesel Legends (A "Gameplay/Scenario Pack", and also not like it came with a route. You don't need to buy it to get a route you like.)
    - Class 314 (New!)
    - Class 377 (Reused, but with upgrades from ECW 377)
    - Class 387 (Modified 377)
    - 1938 Tube Stock (Modified 483, which is realistic, it was just the other way around)
    - Class 313 (Modified 314)

The only properly reused UK unit is the 377, and the Diesel Legends stock.

The 377 was for BML, which was a highly requested route, as a classic on TS that's expectable, and I have nothing against that, it's a good route.

The Diesel Legends- we don't talk about Diesel Legends :D

Germany is a bit more "to be expected", considering their trains seem to go near enough everywhere, hence why they get loads of layers and substitutions.

The US locos are just something I'm not knowledgeable (and frankly don't want to be) about, not enough to comment.

So their "love affair" may exist alot less than you make it out to be.

• Like Like x 2
  34. SHINO BAZ

I'm in know way against reuseing already in game trains on other routes,but when you offer a new route with 2 new trains to drive why can't both be new sometimes.Sure the trains you listed are new but give it time they will show up again and again.When tsw and tsw2020 where released many of those routes also featured new trains and often more then new one per route.What i want to see is a new route where both new drivable trains are totally new not one new and one with a few extra bells and whistles tacked on and called new.And if you want to go furture with this how about dtg and skyhook inability to create the correct rolling stock for certain routes like a high door dopplestock car or the correct dirty dirt car for cane creek.

PS:Wait a minute so just what does any of this have to with my lumo train add on suggestion?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  35. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

About as much as the volunteer modding and bullying directed at the poor sod who posts his somewhat idiosyncratic suggestions under threads, really.

• Like Like x 1
  36. ARuscoe

[​IMG]
    I've seen the trains in KGX last week, blue very much IS the colour (picture taken from the net but that's the reality of it)

Either way, my comment was mainly to say "an 80x is an 80x so do we need pictures of specific liveries for people to tell them apart?"

• Like Like x 1
  37. SHINO BAZ

Hmmmm?????...I can't think of any kind of response to your statement...We each have are own thought on things and don't have to agree on them.

38. ARuscoe

Anyway, I of course am hoping DTG do make an 80x, do make routes for it to run on, and hopefully allow a few diesel runs with it as well (for flavour)

• Like Like x 2
  39. SHINO BAZ

Well until dtg gets around to making a 80x train or a lumo 803 train,there still one other option one could run there own lumo train in tsw2 by recreating the lumo logo and colors on some other train type and pretend there a future lumo service that has expanded it service to other types routes with other other types of trains and new discount deals.plus with livery editior it all possible and this livery isn't overly complicated to do.

40. ARuscoe

Highlight all, fill, blue? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  41. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely correct and guess what who owns Lumo it's First Group the owners of GWR. Therefore the easier solution was make a GWR route with 80x then reskin that to Lumo Blue.

42. Clumsy Pacer

That's not how licensing works.

• Like Like x 2
  43. trainsimplayer

So we have a GWR 80x with a Lumo paintjob outside.

Where's the ECML for me to run that on? I must have missed that part.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Clumsy Pacer

This is not to mention Lumo have a completely different interior to the other operators (presumably because it's open access, it can actually spec its trains rather than having its hands tied by the DfT)

• Like Like x 1
  45. Clumsy Pacer

Lumo 803 interior:
    [​IMG]
    Franchise operators' interior (differs in colour between operators):
    [​IMG]

Images from Wikipedia.

• Like Like x 2