West Cornwall - Is It Me?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hairyscotsman40, Nov 5, 2021.

1. hairyscotsman40

hairyscotsman40 Member

I am trying to do the scenario with the class 37 at night, can’t recall it’s name.
    Once I start reversing the wagons back into the platform, uncouple and try to move forward, it’s like the brakes are full on and I am unable to move. I’ve checked loco and train brake and both are zero/running respectively. At first I thought is it wheel slip as rails are wet and it’s a 1.7 gradient but I’m sure it’s def the brakes.
    Am I doing something stupid or is there an issue with this scenario?

anyone else found this?

2. TheWesMan

TheWesMan New Member

In the same boat here. I had a problem in the morning ballast delivery at the end when you reverse into the siding (brake pipe just slowly leaked while the cylinder was at 75 (psi?) and I couldn’t go anywhere) so I figured it was part of the same problem. I’ve been using air brakes because I prefer them, and eventually I found out that I could solve my brake pipe/cylinder problem if I opened the vacuum chamber. Perhaps I’ve messed everything up now, but I’ve had the cylinder problem and now the cars won’t move in the night scenario so I’m thoroughly confused. I’ve spent probably two hours total trying to figure out these brake problems so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Is it after you’ve changed ends? This had me tearing my hair out as it just told you to shut down one cab and start up the other but gave you no clue as to what to do to shut it down. The tutorial didn’t help much either. Anyway, by trial and error, I finally got there. I think the things I had missed were putting the brake in the original cab into shutdown. This does’nt appear as an option until after it’s been in Emergency for a couple of seconds.

Then, when you start up in the other cab, make sure the reverser is in Engine Only before pressing the engine start button.

Good luck with this, and good luck when you get to Burngullow and have to set the levers. Unlike at the beginning of the scenario, they don’t tell you which ones to switch and with no clue as to which is siding 6, it’s impossible to work it out from the map.

Personally, I hate shunting and only did this so I could get the achievement for completing all scenarios so I’m glad I never have to do this again (though I’m not looking forward to the other class 37 scenario).

4. christophmkfranke

christophmkfranke Member

Hi everyone, I had the exact same issue with the 37 in WCL.
    Try setting the brake mode switch back to "Vacuum goods". I know you have to do it before but the switch resets itself back to "Passenger Air" when you change ends and/or uncouple or couple.
    So go back to the end with the brake mode switch on the 37 and it should be set to "Vacuum goods" again.
    That did the trick with me....

Hope that helps!

5. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what the issue is. One of the things they didn't fix after they pulled it because it shouldn't happen!