Some Real Life Pictures From Cheyenne (sherman Hill) Area, Part 1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StratPlayer62, Oct 25, 2021.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Recently I was able to visit the area between Cheyenne and Laramie Wyoming and I was able to shoot some pictures of the area, mostly they closer to Cheyenne than Laramie, I thought some might enjoy seeing them especially considering the upcoming release of the route for TSW2.

And a note to DTG, if useful I have exact GPS coordinates for all of these shots as well as other shots from the same locations that were not worthy (IMO) of processing that if interested I can share if helpful in creating the new route for this area. I also have some shots of the depot in Cheyenne that I have not yet had time to process.

This was taken looking west and shows the large industry just west of Cheyenne off Main 1 and 2,
    [​IMG]

This picture shows the Borie cutoff in the background that connects Main 1 and 2 to Main 3, again looking west. This was taken standing on a bridge that goes over the tracks.
    [​IMG]

A tighter shot from the same location,
    [​IMG]

And one more from this location as the train rounds the curve,
    [​IMG]

The next few are at a location between Buford and the large Granite quarry, again facing West on Main 1 and 2,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This shot was taken at the town of Harriman from the road crossing looking west, this was the DPU of a loaded grain train as it was just making it up the grade about about 10MPH (if that),
    [​IMG]

And here is the head end of the same train at Harriman, this is looking North, the road crossing is just to the left out of the frame,
    [​IMG]

The next three were shot at a location just east of the Granite quarry looking west,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next series of shots was at the same location looking east with an awesome sunrise as the background,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And sine I can only post 20 images in a single post this will be continued.....

• Like Like x 15
  2. StratPlayer62

Not a professional just photography is a hobby, but I've been doing it for 30+ years starting with film.

All of my railroad photography is here, https://flic.kr/s/aHskZPD9jy

Not all are of this level.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Fab photos!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Amazing shots, can't wait to get my hands on the tsw2 version :)

5. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Amazing shots man! Congrats!
    Furthermore the firsts ones, the train is headed by the EMD SD70ACE, which will be the new locomotive for the sim and the route! ;)
    A model I like very much, and I have been requesting since last year.
    So happy now, it will arrive relative soon, together with a new UP route!.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

There’s some beautiful sun set shots there. Nice work. I got a little worried seeing one track there (cane creek) but glad there’s two,

7. StratPlayer62

Thanks!

Yeah the SD70ACE is probably my favorite of the "Modern" locomotives, looking forward to it as well.

They are actually sunrise shots, not sunset. And the single track shots are on Main 3 which is a single track section.

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

These are AC4400CW ES44AC in Union Pacific Paint. Horsepower for them is 13,200 enough for Sherman Hill that gets bumped up to 19,200 if AC6000CW were to be combined with 3 AC4400CW

9. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Wonderful shots!

10. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I wonder if in order to have UP AC44ACW on that route too, you must have Cane Creek?
    That could seems to be obvious...
    But I mean as the route and the locomotive ( modifications) are by Skyhook, not always all the trains available on some routes are on others.
    Furthermore if that happens, might be with new extra timetables. If it will just replace the SD-70ACE on them, then I do not like that!
    I do not have Cane Creek, due to the problems and issues informed by other community members.
    If those be solved by Skyhook I will purchase that route too.

Hope DTG provides clear information about it in advance, as I am very interested on Sherman Hill and UP trains!

Other information needed is about which UP freight cars be available on that route too.
    Might be several different type ones, as we have for CSX on Sand Patch grade.

11. screamfan

screamfan Member

Awesome pics dude thanks for sharing this

12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Great pics very nice.I notice in the last picture there was a container train,I hope that also sherman hill option along with the grain cars.