PlayStation Sleepy Delivery Impossible To Complete

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Doomotron, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There are two major errors with this scenario that I have found. Firstly, when reversing into Truro from the bridge to couple to the wagons, there is a red light that needs you to contact the signalled to pass. It would be very nice if the game told you this, as I was caught out, expecting it to change to green, and I can imagine some players waiting ages for it to change. After this task, you are told to drive down the line 12 miles. However, the brakes on the wagons are stuck and nothing can fix them. It is not an issue with my driving, as uncoupling from the wagons lets me drive as normal.

2. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

The ground signal will eventually clear, just keep phoning the signaller for permission.

Regarding the brakes, make sure the brakes are set to ‘Vacuum - Goods’. There is a switch to change this behind the second man’s seat on the back wall. It’s normally set to ‘Air - Passenger’ by default.

Best of luck!

3. Doomotron

Already did this; it's one of the first tasks to complete in the scenario. The brake issue is only present when I reconnect to the wagons preparing for the long drive. When moving them out of the yard they work completely fine, although when separating from them in the platform forces the loco's brakes to have a full application, so I needed to empty the vacuum chamber to continue.

This scenario is seriously messed up. I should have waited for a sale.

4. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Same problem here on PC, after coupling to the turbots my cylinder pressure keeps raising no matter what I do, changing between vacuum and air doesn't help so I will end up with full brake and the train can't move an inch.

5. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

It is a very messy scenario, at the start you consistently get asked to climb up into the loco, instead of them using a stop at marker. However I did manage to complete it. I had the issue with the brake settings, but just went to the appropriate cab and re-selected Vacuum goods again, had no real problem after that.

6. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I think when you connect to wagons the the brake switch goes back to air goods brake for some reason , switch it back to vacuum goods it should be fine. It was for me anyway, I'm on xbox though.

7. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Also having problems with the brakes on this scenario. My brake cylinders don’t go back to 0 after coupling to the turbots. And, yes, I have checked that the brake mode is still in vacuum goods, and it is. But after releasing the train brakes, there’s always 5.7 - 6.0 bar of pressure that remains in the cylinders. Any way to get them to release properly?

8. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

yeah forgot to mention it won't go back to zero but the the train will move fine anyway.

9. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

Opening the vacuum chamber release valve (behind the handbrake wheel) for 15 seconds or so should get the cylinders to effectively fully release.

I should add that this was on the Xbox, but I would imagine it should apply to any platform.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I was looking for the place of the vacuum chamber release valve, but couldn't find it. Thanks for pointing it out

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

So I see you've solved the problem with the vacuum breaks with the assistance of the community. They can be tricky as they're not mentioned very often.

Here's Matt's breaking tutorial where he goes in depth about the different breaking types (I've included the PDF as well)
    Youtube
    PDF

As for the requesting signal permission, I will make sure your feedback is heard regarding this. However it is normal behaviour to have to request permission to leave a siding and it will have been an intentional gameplay decision. I do understand how including that step in the scenario would have been useful.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Doomotron

I have not tried the solutions yet as I don't want to try the scenario if it doesn't work. There are two instances of issues with the brakes and until both are fixed I won't be playing the scenario.

13. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Yeah we've all found a work around for an issue that really shouldn't exist! I'm pretty sure that a brake selector on a real 37 that switches between types when uncoupling would be classed as a defect and therefore a safety issue.