Home Made Scenario Ending Early

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr2mark, Nov 8, 2021.

1. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Evening all
    Im currently looking at making some scenarios on the severn valley railway, ive selected my loco and carriages, set the final destination as well as intermediate stops. Ive driven all the way to kidderminster with no problem until i get close to platform 2( which is the final destination i set) then the brakes come on and it says scenario complete, i would like to get to the end of the platform first or be able to uncouple and run round before finishing the scenario. Is this possible?

2. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Are you using the uncouple and couple options in the timetable after the Kidderminster stop?

With the brakes coming on when you approach Kidderminster, I'm just thinking if you set it as a go via instead of a stop.

3. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Hi there ,im not running timetable mode at the moment as ive only just started to build the scenario and was testing to see if it all worked ok. I will have a look at your suggestion of making it a go via rather than a stop

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

All the moves in a Scenario need to be timed even when it is not a Timetabled Scenario

Keep the arrival in Platform 2 as a Stop. Add a Detach coaches instruction.
    If there is a route the system can recognise to P1 you could add that

Try just that first by placing the loco and some stock in P2 and seeing if you can path to P1 via Headshunt

When you arrive at a final stop you need the Destination Box which adds time on the scenario.
    Instructions.png
    Without the Destination Box the scenario ends after completing the last instruction

Peter

5. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but the fact the scenario ends as soon as you get to the station suggests you may have set the final destination but not the stop at platform / unload passengers / uncouple instructions which need to be above the Final destination instruction.

6. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was make sure there is a stop at Kidderminster, not a go via. The reason for saying make sure it isn't a go via is because it will end the scenario when you arrive at the marker. You also need to use the final destination button to end the scenario.

When first creating the scenario in the build menu, what did you select? Standard, Freeroam, Timetable, quick drive?

EDIT: Seems like 3 of us have commented at the same time, what Peter has shown above is how your timetable should be set out.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Thanks for all the replies i really appreciate the help

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

That's a new one on me, I've never set a timed instruction and all my scenarios (standard or free roam) run fine.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I say timed I mean the places you want the train to go via, stop at, detach/attach" need to be in the timetable even if you don't put a time for the move to happen.

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ahh right, I get what you're saying now.

11. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

How do i add a detatch coaches instruction?, i looked in consist instruction but was no obvious drop down menu or do i type it in the boxes.

12. Robbo13

Robbo13 Active Member

There is a icon on the top row of the timetable view with a red circle and an x in the middle (See Peter's screenshot a couple of posts up).

You will then need to select the location your dropping them off, eg. Kidderminster P2. This should be able to be selected using the drop down menu.

You'll then see a box below that which is where you want to put the coach numbers of the coaches your dropping off. By clicking the icon to the left of the box, pressing shift and clicking on your coaches on the map in the timetable view, it will select them all at once.

I did find with the above you may need to click in the box before pressing shift and selecting the coaches. Once they are in the box you are going to want to take out only the loco your drivings' number, otherwise the dispatcher will think your dropping off the loco as well and it will bring up errors.

An example:
    In timetable view

Train set to stop in Kidderminster P2
    Click the train with red circle and white x icon
    Select Kidderminster P2 in the drop down menu.
    In the box below enter the coach numbers.
    Remove the loco number of the one your driving if that is included in the coach numbers.
    Stop in Kidderminster P2 or Headshunt.

In Game
    If done correctly you should be able to stop in Kidderminster P2.
    You should then be able to detach your coaches.
    And finally you should be able to stop in Kidderminster P2 or the Headshunt.

Run round and adding coaches
    If your then wanting to attach your loco to the other end you need to make sure the red line (which is the path/route that your train will take) is set so that it uses the run round loop
    Once run round, you'll then need to select the add to front/rear (depending on where your driver icon is in the editor, no matter how many times you change direction, the cab end with the driver icon above will always be the front of your train).

It is then a similar process to detaching the coaches. You will enter the location (so Kidderminster P2 for example) and then enter the coach numbers again. What you do after that is up to you. You can end the scenario there or you can set more instructions and continue the scenario.

I hope this helps!

13. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Brilliant thank you very much!

14. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Worked perfectly thanks for all the help:)