Can I Turn Off Directional Audio?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Nov 4, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have just tried using the AP 156 as the first unit after update to TS2022 but the engines are inaudible unless I am facing the unit. I tried turning off EFX but this only affects the reverb under bridges (which I would rather keep on) but this does not stop the sounds muting when facing the other way. Is there any way to turn off the directional audio? I can't even gear the horn unless I am looking at the leading cab.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't think you can turn the Directional Audio off but there might be some setting that define how loud it plays.

I would contact AP first as they might have a solution

3. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

The only settings for audio I can find are Master Volume (variable), Ambient Volume (variable), Menu Music (binary), EFX (binary). Is TS2022 outputting surround sound and not being directional only? I was updated to Windows 11 just before I used the updated TS2022 for the first time so I don't know if that is the cause or it is a TS2022 feature, this also means I can't get support for anything at the moment as nobody is supporting anything on Windows 11.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What did AP say?

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I don't think peter was referring to the actual game menu, but rather to the config files of the asset itself, which is something far more complex. I would do as Peter advises, and ask AP if there's a way to do it.

6. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

It is not an AP issue as it is the sound directional in game. I can't code so I can't do changes in the files, I don't even have access to software to do it with.

7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Its a bug that was introduced in ts19 i think, some people have it some dont. I was experiencing it w my new pc until i uninstalled all sound cards/drivers and reinstalled them

8. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I did not experience it in TS19, 20 or 21, this started after the TS22 update. The other problem I had with the TS22 update was the chat moss route showing "invalid route" trying to load it. I reinstalled it but the same thing happens again. I asked ATS support about this but I seem to have just been ignored as my support tickets get basic responses then immediately locked.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2021
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If other people are running the route without a problem it points to a problem with a file on your computer.

Have you used TS Tools to check the route?

10. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I have the same issue, it happened after the latest windows update. This issue has also happened before and usually takes a few weeks for another windows update to come along and fix it. Not sure if there's anything that can be done in the meantime? It also only seems to affect certain computers too, and multiple applications not just train simulator.

11. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have lost my Steam account due to TML responding rather unprofessionally after I asked for support with an issue. All TS2022 and TSW2 as well as other games have gone overnight. As it is I no longer own TS2022.

12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Who or what is/are TML?

13. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

A different game dev, I posted a support ticked about an issue with a game but after they responded the ticket immediately closed. I opened another and explained that the previous response did not work but that one was also closed. I posted to their forum asking if anyone had any recommendations but it was deleted and I got a message from them warning me not to post unnecessary posts again. I tried to get back on to the forum to see the original post but seemed to be unable to enter. I noticed at the same time OMSI 2 was unable to launch, after trying to enter Steam I found I was automatically logged out each time. After looking for reasons why it seems this would most likely happen if the account has been suspended. Unfortunately I had linked my Steam account to my forum account so it would have been easy to file a complaint against me.

I just don't understand why asking for support with an issue would warrant this response. Unless I have somehow broken a legal clause with one of the brand license agreements, as I understand some brands can be strict with their licensing. It's probably why a lot of developers don't bother with vehicle manufacturer names and make up their own like BeamNG have (Ibishu, Hirochi, ETK, Gavril, etc).

Edit: I can no longer access [OMSI Forum] now either, I have never even mentioned anything outside of OMSI 2 there but by username is the same and I guess word gets around.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2021
  14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I suggest you take it up with Steam support, you cannot have a Steam wide ban from a single game dev.

Sounds more plausible that your account/passwords got hacked especially if you're using the same acc names and passwords for forums and Steam.

15. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I am using the same account names for most sites but not passwords although my Steam name itself is different.

I have come to find out that there is a malicious rumour going around which I am starting to think may be the reason I have been blocked from the OMSI forum. I have no idea if this is related to the TML thing but someone posted a comment on my only video on YouTube referring to the TML post and also stating the aforementioned rumour at the same time so I have a feeling this may be related although judging by the grammar of the comment I am under the impression this is someone who just saw the post on TML and recognised my username so decided to have some "fun". The comment in question was only up for long enough for me to get the notifications then it was removed, I do have evidence though as I managed to get a screenshot of the notification.

Downdetector has shown a spike for Steam reports as of 11:12 today onwards so this might be why Steam is bouncing me back out causing it to appear as an IP ban which is what suggestions online have pointed to. I have still had no email yet stating a reason which is what I was waiting for, so at the moment this makes me think it is actually a server issue despite the number of search results stating the symptoms are that of IP bans.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2021
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you contacted Steam?
    They can verify your account with them and all your TS2022 and TSW files are stored on your personal computer.

17. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have got Steam back up and running, this must just be due to a server going down yesterday or something and just happened at the same time as the thing with TML. Although what the cause of the stupid rumour was that is also going around, I have no idea.

Is there a way to reset the audio settings with the old utilities program (the former launcher) or some tools in the RW core folder?