Atsf 4-8-4 Northern Steam Locomotive

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by itstypicalrailfanner16, Nov 8, 2021.

1. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

I have a lot of really great suggestions, but so far my most favorite suggestion is the well known ATSF 4-8-4 Northern Steam Locomotive.

[​IMG]

You all should know where I'm going with this. While Steam is practically over in most of the United States, it isn't over yet until I say so. Who here would dare to pass up an extremely exciting opportunity to operate an ATSF 4-8-4 Northern Steam Locomotive? Would would want to flick their hands at ATSF 3751? I sure as hell wouldn't. I would pay $24.99 just to use a Pro Version this monster in Train Simulator 2022. I don't know who wouldn't pass up this opportunity, but I would never pass it up. There's not enough Steam in the U.S. Routes of TS22 and I really want to reintroduce steam back into the mix. And if I can't, then at least relive the early and late 1900s which I wasn't even born at the time. It sucks being a 2000s person, especially when there's a lot of trains that I missed way before I was born. Manchester, CT doesn't even have any active railroads anymore. They're extinct. But that's not the point. The point is that TS22 needs some more excitement. More awesomeness. More Steam action. Sure there's UK routes that may offer tons of Steam action, but even the UK routes are mostly diesel/diesel electric/electric. Let's have a toast to something we can all enjoy. A legend of Santa Fe. Let's start bringing back the legends of Steam. The legends of railroading.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I know your post is mostly centered around the 3700 batch of Northerns, but DSGDDR is currently working on a freeware ATSF 2900 model that should be out in the next month or two.

3. itstypicalrailfanner16

Oh well that's cool. I'm actually planning on making several suggestions.

4. AndTheBest

AndTheBest Active Member

Well, it's interesting but it would be selled only on United State or both in US and Europe but for the European will have no logo and write of the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railway.

5. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The ATSF #3751 4-8-4 pack should include passenger consists for different excursion trains, as well as an Amtrak P42DC Genesis or ATSF FP45.

6. itstypicalrailfanner16

Yeah. It should also include modern passenger consists which can have 10 different combinations.

7. itstypicalrailfanner16

Yeah I know because of Licensing outside of the U.S. issues. It makes sense. The only thing I could tell people from the U.K. and Europe is that maybe a 3rd party developer (or Dovetail Games if they're so kind enough) may consider giving the American Locomotive (if Dovetail Games actually takes 100% consideration on my suggestion and decides to make a Pro Range version of it) Liveries based on the countries. I doubt BNSF, ATSF, and Burlington Northern are going to trust other countries with their licensing anytime soon.

8. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

Yeah, about that... https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ts22-bnsf-routes-releasing-worldwide.49658/

9. itstypicalrailfanner16