New German Train Operators!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Br425, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

In Germany, the biggest train operator company is Deutsche Bahn. At this point in TSW 2, almost all German trains are from Deutsche Bahn, with exception of the two MRCE locos for freight trains. This needs to be changed!

The number of private train operators has been rising for the last years and they add a huge variety on the German rail network, as the colour of those trains is mostly not red - instead much more colourful. I have listed a couple of my favourite operators below with a few pictures, but that is by far not all of them.

I know this means that you would have to get new licences, but I honestly think it would be worth it and bring some fresh air into the German world of Train Sim World 2.

So here is my list (images from Wikipedia):
    Abellio is a quite big company:
    Abellio.JPG

Then there is Metronom, they are a big company as well:
    Metronom.jpg

Enno (The company belongs to Metronom) :
    Enno.jpg

Westfalenbahn (the company belongs to Abellio, seen above):
    Westfalenbahn.jpg

And Cantus:
    Cantus.jpg
    You can see that these companies give German trains a huge variety and I think that should definitely be in the game as well.

Feel free to post your favourite companies below.

• Like Like x 18
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Veolia Transdev they actually operate these services Chemnitz (Karl Marx Stadt) Döbeln Riesa Zeithain Elsterwerda and Dresden Chemnitz (Karl Marx Stadt) Guttenfurst DDR Hof Nürnberg West Germany. Enno and Metronom are familiar to TS22 Hannover Hamburg owners since you get DLC BR146 Metronom. For freight SNCF CapTrain

• Like Like x 3
  3. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

[​IMG]
    I think natonal express could be an interesting operator too. In addition to their regular regional service, they also operate some RRX trains.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I don't think Abellio grant licences to use their branding, hence why Cathcart Circle just says Scotrail.

5. driverwoods#1787

You mean something like a DB BR 462 on RRO RE4 Aachen Mönchengladbach Düsseldorf Wuppertal Hagen Witten Dortmund via Bochum Langendreer Junction RE1 Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen & Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg. Make it realistic as possible add automatic announcement to those trains. The in game Doppelstockwagen uses Ingo Ruff for HRR RE1 RE11 RE2 Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen RE1 & RE9 RRO S9 S8 RE4 & RE7. Easy way to tell DB BR462 from Doppelstockwagen is the announcement voice Anna DB BR462 Doppelstockwagen Ingo Ruff. DB BR 429 Helga Bayertz like HMA DB BR423. This is not possible to copyright reasons

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  6. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

Yes exactly what I mean. This could give german routes a big variety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yes, I like National Express as well! And especially the RRX, this train would make so much sense in TSW2.
    It could be realistically used for the RE 1 on Köln- Aachen, for the RE 4 on Rhein-Ruhr Osten and the RE 11, the RE 1 and the RE 6 on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr.
    RRX.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. driverwoods#1787

Correct and if added to the game sandwiched between the familiar DB traffic red paint Doppelstockwagen used on RRO RE4 HRR RE1 RE6 and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen RE1. Which is going to reflect the actual routes in real life because it's not the monotonous traffic red Deutsche Bahn Paint Trains since there's others operating on that line

• Like Like x 1
  9. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the other Train operators here in Germany, because I only grew up with all the Deutsche Bahn locos, the only company I would like to see is National Express but I'm no fan of the others

10. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

And the problem that DTG has is licensing, because they have the license from DB to use their trains and liveries, but what if the other companies don't want their livery to be in the game, than it isn't possible to add it

11. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yes that is the biggest problem. I think (and I might be completely wrong here, this ist just my assumption) that DTG did not get in touch with other operators than DB (and MRCE) yet. Which is understandable as it surely is a lot of work and DB is the biggest company anyways. But as said, I really think it would be worth it to get new licences.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

A very good idea! I would love it to see this locos in TSW 2.
    (Aber ernsthaft, DTG sollte sich mal anstrengen, neuere Züge zu bauen, oder?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

I would suggest another private company: in the south-west of Germany ,Baden-Württemberg'. The name of this company is "Go-Ahead". This company operates in Baden Württemberg and connects many towns and citys as well. Their trains are the FLIRT 3. Here
    upload_2021-11-10_23-4-27.jpeg upload_2021-11-10_23-3-57.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yeah, those trains look cool too! In general, I miss the Stadler trains in TSW 2, there is so many of them (Flirt, Flirt 3, Kiss, Kiss 3, ...)

15. driverwoods#1787

Bwget has diesel rail bus the BR650 for diesel lines and international service TER A11 Offenburg-Appenweier-Strasbourg. That one is in TS22 & I've suggested the international section Appenweier strasbourg. A future route can be Deutsche bahn Bwget the Rhein Tal bahn

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Also, Bayerische Oberlandbahn (BOB):
    [​IMG]

FLIXtrain:

[​IMG]

Meridian:

[​IMG]

Netinera (Alex/Erix):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

The BOB and ALEX would be awesome. The two of them and the Munich S-Bahn were my first childhood memories of trains

• Like Like x 1
  18. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

I hope Flixtrain will be coming to Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I find the Meridian quite cool, I like the colours

20. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I think Metronom is likely to appear in TSW because of severay reasons:

- DTG had the license for TS
    - We already have the matching trains (BR 146/147 [SHG's BR 187 loco] and Dostos), so it's more a repaint job than creating something new from scratch
    - We already have Hamburg Hbf in game, so another route with Hamburg (Maybe Hamburg-Hannover?) isn't unlikely, and this could be a route where Metronom operates

• Like Like x 2
  21. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Do they?? I did not know that Metronom is in TS that is so cool!

22. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

23. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

24. driverwoods#1787

you must be talking about Hamburg Lubeck route via future S4 Hamburg S-Bahn terminus Bad Oldestoe for the Correct Doppelstockwagen. The Doppelstockwagen types are mentioned on the first quote I have on this comment. To fix Hamburg-Lübeck Doppelstockwagen issue DTG should make Hamburg-Hannover with Metronom & Deutsche Bahn. then Reskin the Metronom DBpza 781 DABPZA 786 766.2 to Deutsche Bahn Traffic Red

25. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I really want to see the Simens Desireo HC too

• Like Like x 2
  26. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Increasingly there are also non-operator specific but region-specific liveries too. Only the logo changes depending on the operator, like with Scotrail

Bwegt (Bad-Wuerttemberg, i.e. Karlsruhe/Stuttgart) has a yellow/white/black livery
    NRW has green and white for the Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn and the aforementioned RRX
    Schleswig-Holstein (north of Hamburg) has a dark green livery.
    The Leipzig S-Bahn is another example.

• Like Like x 1