Train Sim World 2 Future And Question To Ask On This Coming Friday

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Nov 10, 2021.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

The headline for this friday stream, really caught my attention because i think that they are going to talk about what's coming in the near future? Would that mean that they are going to talk about new features being added to the game, and more on steam? This is the first time we are going to see them answer question with a big team from their studio. What do you guys think about what they are going to do on this coming friday?

2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

"TSW2" will be rebranded I reckon. Might be time for simple old "Train Sim" with the older game becoming "Train Sim Classic".

And to celebrate, Great Eastern Main Line - Liverpool Street to Ipswich and Clacton with 720s and 745s.

Did I go too far?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  3. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I might be missing something, but I think Friday's stream is a Pub Quiz, so while there will be lots of questions it will be us providing the answers not DTG.

• Like Like x 9
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Am I missing an article?

upload_2021-11-10_19-0-50.png

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

What‘s a pub quiz got to do with any of that?

• Like Like x 3
  6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I think it was on the previous stream, where they talk about what friday is going to be about but i am not sure. They kind of did a mockup

7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

If the awnser to the Questions are reveals then Friday's stream is going to be fun!

But seriously- this is miles off a quiz night, I'm afraid. You've likely misheard something somewhere, but Friday is just a good old quiz night.

8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

You'd also have Matt & Sam there if it was one. I don't see them sending JD alone to face the fire of such a Q&A!

9. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

I doubt they would make such a big announcement only on twitch and calling it something else.....

10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

we will have to wait till friday than, hopefully they are going to talk briefly about the future, but i don't know.

11. trainsimplayer

They won't, they never do on quiz night.

#Quiznight is #Quiznight only :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

While we are all here talking about Friday’s stream… how exactly does the quiz work and what do I need to do to take part? I’ve never caught the start of one and I don’t have a Twitch account, and as far as I know no details or instructions have ever been put on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. trainsimplayer

Well, (I'm not 100% if you need a twitch account or not), but the stream has a "Quiz Kit" extension on it. You play through that. There's an option to link it with your twitch account's name for leaderboards, however I'm not fully sure if a twitch account is required.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You can watch the stream without an account but I don't think you can comment.
    I think there's a 3rd party site where the questions are shown and you choose the answers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I participated before on my tablet without having a Twitch account - you‘ll just get assigned a random number for leaderboard purposes. I didn‘t need to do anything, the questions just started coming up on screen.

As to how it works: There‘s a question and you can choose 1 of 4 answers (all appearing on screen). The faster you decide, the more points you get if you‘re right. If you‘re wrong though, you‘ll also lose more points the faster you decided. Not much else to it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That sounds simple enough, cheers. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch this one and play along. I think Mrs Stujoy is out for the evening so it should work out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I searched Train Sim World 2 on twitch - I guess they want money for that now.

18. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

What’s on the Stream… ?
    1. Rivet next project is Noddy and the Toytown Railway.
    2. Steam is coming at Christmas, It’s the Polar Express and Tom Hanks is doing the tutorial voiceover. All the traincrew will look like Tom Hanks too.
    3. Classic ECML York to Newcastle is coming in January with a Deltic.
    4. Rivet have announced they are also doing the Stourbridge Junction to Stourbridge Town Forestry line.
    5. Classic Germany Rhine Valley with a 103 and UIC stock.
    6. NYC Subway Line 7 with Redbirds.
    7. Rivet have now been disavowed!

• Like Like x 3
  20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

So Friday will indeed be the "Pub Quiz" these are traditionally lighthearted streams and a bit of fun for the community.
    We would love to host them on multiple platforms, but unfortunately the quiz tool kits only really work well on Twitch.

Could you let me know where it was mentioned we would talk about the future of TSW2? As we currently have no plans for this discussion just yet.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

22. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It wasn't - people are just mis-interpreting what a "pub quiz" is and are getting excited over nothing.

23. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

We now need to deconstruct JD's reply and sift it's entrails for auguries...
    The implications could be enormous!

24. flghttrainsm#6320

flghttrainsm#6320 Member

If we keep getting crappy physics with the traction units and poor sounds class 150 a couple others , the future looks bleak for tws2 as a simulation in my opinion , for causal gamers they will enjoy it not matter how borked it is , let hope if rivet with help can the feel and the atmosphere of thier next project Noddy s toytown railway with the correct physics then things will start to look up , also I wounded what route dtg will bring out next

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  25. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the future has looked bleak since we found out that the modding community would be locked out. Look at all the long-running successful sims like FSX, Train Simulator, MSFS, BVE, Cities Skylines plus young upstarts MSFS and Transport Fever. All embraced the community. Now look at Flight Sim World and Sim City 5. Limiting play, limits the imagination, limiting immersion. DTG don't get it.

• Like Like x 1