Rush Hour Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ricky, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

Since Rush Hour ticket is going off sale how does rush hour routes Run on PS4 because I am thinking of buying it thank you and have a great evening.

2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Putting it in bullet points
    . Crashing across all routes
    . A couple of broken services
    . No rush-hour passengers on London Commuter
    . No layers at all on PS4 for London Commuter because of poor optimisation
    . Poor frame rate across all routes
    That's all I can think of, there's probably more problems. Get the ticket if you want, but be prepared for all the problems I just listed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If you think you'll be wanting all three of those routes at any point in the future, this is about as cheap as you'll ever get them. Yes, there are issues, but hopefully those will be fixed, and down the line, if you do upgrade to a PS5, you'll have the extra layers to refresh them all over again. If you have the cash available, it's almost worth buying them and just sitting on them until they're good enough to play - that's essentially what I'm doing with BML.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

I'm planning on getting a ps5 at some point

• Like Like x 2
  5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Good luck finding one :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Go for it. They're not all that difficult to get hold of and £360 for a digital edition is money well spent in my book.

7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have a PS4 and have had rush hour from day one. I have no regrets at all purchasing the season ticket and have enjoyed most of my time on it. Look at it like this three maps less than twelve pounds each. I think they are worth that even with the problems. And after all hours I have put in on the rush hour maps with the problems I have had if I had had it for a trial period I would still buy it now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

In the grand scheme of things, the $40 price tag for the season ticket is worth it more than purchasing each route individually, granted that you actually want all three routes.

Performance is what I'll call inconsistent: in some more rural/quiet areas, the framerate is great, while in higher traffic areas the framerate will definitely take a hit. Think of Dresden, Boston, London. Theres lots of things moving around, and lots of things to look at.
    And while some people report constant crashes across all three routes, in my personal experience it's been kept to a minimum. Only just the one or two odd crashes when exiting out of the game (though this definitely should get looked at and fixed anyways).

Though there's plenty of improvements that need to be made, and some that are already on the way, what you're getting at this very moment is a fun experience once you get past all those little annoyances.
    The snow looks amazing on Boston, the nightlighting on Dresden is far better than what it's ever been before, and the sheer busyness of the timetable on the Brighton Mainline is a trainspotters dream. I think there's some great moments to be had across all three of the Rush Hour routes, but they come at the expense of performance issues and plenty of minor issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I would go for the season ticket. The routes are really good. I finally got to play BLM without all the lag and improvements on that route go in the right direction. I'm on PS4 Pro so I can't comment on base PS4. If I compare it with what other platforms get it does perform well on PS4 Pro. A smooth session without a stutter you won't be able to achieve on any platform at the moment so based on that knowledge it performs well. They are still working on optimisations so I guess the best price to pay is the season ticket price.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I wouldn't buy it yet. Boston is doing well but London and Dresden still need improvement. 3 London missions cannot be completed and Dresden at least 2 cannot be completed. I would wait a little longer. You want to buy them one by one Boston is great.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

well I picked it up and I'm going to play it tomorrow thanks everyone for replying to this

• Like Like x 3
  12. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

BML lacks layers can be a shakey start at London but has not crashed for me yet otherwise it's a great route!

Boston has been great!

Dresden 95% works, I have to take it slow at each end to prevent a game crash, otherwise I like it.

13. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

MY RECOMMENDATION: If you plan to buy one or two Rush Hour routes, IT'S GREAT BUYING, as the discount for buying all three routes at once is more valid than buying one or two separate routes. THE THREE ROUTES HAVE PROBLEMS, but for the price it's worth having the discount, if you want to buy the three routes, you know? BUY RIGHT NOW!!!

14. johnmsaylor

johnmsaylor New Member

If you buy rush hour do you keep the routes forever? Season Ticket, to me, implies those routes are only available for a limited time. Or is this just a way to increase sales by bundling the 3 together?

15. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

You get to keep them all. It's just being sold as a 'bundle'