"help I Don't Speak German"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craigie-C, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Hi folks
    just wondering if any of you wonderful people out there in TS Land who speak German could help translate for me the commentary at the start of this video:- 00:00:00 - 00:01:10
    It comes with the amazing DB BR110 & Rheingold coach pack from Virtual Railroads only I haven't a clue what is being said as sadly I never got round to learning the language.
    I think the announcements are part of the coach pack as opposed to the loco but could be mistaken.
    Many thanks in anticipation.

2. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Hello, I speak German, and I am frequently and confidently wrong.

EDIT: Removed the completely nonsensical part of this reply that had nothing to do with what is being asked because I struggle with basic literacy.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Craigie-C

Yes please if you could.
    and also here and here where I purchased them from.
    As I stated in my original post I believe they may be part of the Carriage PACK, which indeed they are as the included scenarios are part of that pack.
    Since I first posted I have been into the scenario folder and found the WAV files which I can play but have no idea what they are talking about LOL
    Cheers

4. Craigie-C

Just as an aside, welcome to the ATS Imbue Studios Class185
    https://alanthomsonsim.com/product/ats-imbue-studios-class-185-pack/
    Announcements are fired up from an external player regardless of route or scenario.
    You just enter an applicable route code into the Axion system & hey presto.

5. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Okay, I am so sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. I thought you were considering buying these. Not mildly embarassed now, I am. Good to know that you had that bit figured out. Here, let me translate the entire message for you:

"DB control to [train number etc] please come in."
    "190.33 listening."
    "One more departure is expected (unsure, really deep fried?) You are driving for the Tourism Board Rhein-Mosel from Trier to Kochen. The ride is fully booked and no boarding is possible on the way, at least not unless you got a ticket ahead of time. In the meantime, you are stopping in Wuttlich, where you will be picking up a larger group of travellers, and in Bullai (unsure if that is the name) where another group is joining as well. Your journey ends in Kochen. There, the passengers will board a boat. Please drive swiftly, or you could slow down the regio express which is following you. Have a good journey."

6. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

7. Craigie-C

Thank you so much, you are a star.
    I had an idea that's what it was about, just great to have it confirmed.
    Think I need to take a course in German because I envisage me spending a lot of time with these new beauties.
    Thanks again
    You certainly will be with that cracker, worth having a nosey at some of the You tube Video reviews.
    It is an absolutely fantastic piece of kit, possibly the finest DMU in my vast collection, if only for the gorgeous engine sound, and the TMS and the liveries and the .................................................................................. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

You're very welcome! Happy to help, and if you need any more translated, happy to do that, too. Feel free to drop me a DM. It may help on the practice front as well, as it's basically subtitles.

This hobby is dropping my credit score into the void. xD Thank you for the recommend! Wishlisted for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Craigie-C

Appreciated thank you.

• Like Like x 1