PC [editor Download] - Tsw 2 & Tsw 3 Unofficial Editor V0.3.3 + Tutorials

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Sep 10, 2021.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

No we are not working on console version as UE4 editor is not working on consoles, its PC only. There is no even way to create mods for consoles as for cooking you need to own dev kit for consoles and be part of their system, so you can only hope that DTG will add one day some more options into the game for editing like they did with planner and livery. So far after a year situation is the same (very easy planner and limited livery editor)

• Like Like x 3
  2. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Hello!
    Great job!
    I registered, according to your information on the site , downloaded the files, and installed. (by the way, the sourse folder has recently appeared), where to unpack it? In short, I, the editor, does not start.
    1. Need detailed instructions!
    2. And be sure to have a video on how to use the editor!
    3. How to install static models into the game.
    4. How to install your own car and locomotive models into the game.

P.S. In Train Simulator, everything is simple and clear, but TSW is much more complicated! I have been familiar with Blueprint TS and with UE4 for a long time ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoL54jro1vl2Q2FMOgEUd6g

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  3. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

That just means that they wrote that as an automatic excuse so beggers like me do not ask again. That is really bad though. They should be honest about the editor in this. If they are actively saying stuff like an Editor may come in an email (which they clearly are) but are saying on streams and articles alike that it wont happen, people are going to not know when DTG is telling the truth

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Personally, my impression is that it is something they would like to do but that it is not something currently being worked on. I don't think there are promises being made here but it is not impossible as a future goal. I'm not sure what they can say to be more honest on the matter, I don't think they know what the answer is in the long term yet. Quite simply, it's not coming until they confirm it is.

5. niveous

niveous Member

For now let us all rejoice and thank Will and trainsimcz for going above and beyond and sharing their creation with us and not worry about what DTG may or may not provide in the future. Looking forward to the tutorials!

• Like Like x 8
  6. trainsimcz

ContentManifest, Theme and RouteDefinition
    Last time i was talking about Formations and RailVehicleDefinition files. Today we are going to look on ContentManifest, ThemeDefinition and RouteDefinition files as they interesting too and you can setup a lot of informations there. So lets start with the basic one but i will say the most useful one.

ContentManifest
    [​IMG]
    http://www.trainsim.cz/obr5/contentmanifest.jpg

You can find ContentManifest in every DLC and the reason is that this file include all important information for the game. The got the same name like the class so its ContentManifest.uasset. So what you can setup there ? (and remember first duplicate the file, delete the original one and rename your copy back to original one so it will cook):

Defined Routes - Even if its Routes, the game will recognize only first added route there. And whole point of Defined Routes here is only to identify for which route is all that stuff in that file. Defined Route is RouteDefinition file which include some other information.

Defined Timetables PC - here you can setup timetables for that route. In past you can add only one timetable but since multi timetable support you can add couple of timetables but they need to be setup as a main service timetable. That means that you cant just take any scenario timetable and add it there, it will not work. Anyway thats the file where i added that TEST timetable for that DRA route. I can say that some routes (like SPG got some other extra timetables which you can add, or even some routes got console versions of timetable which you can check too :)
    Original ContentManifest include even Xbox and PS4 timetable... no point to have it here.

Defined Scenarios - List of scenarios which are loaded for that route. So again SPG got some extra scenarios which are not presented in the game but they left the files there. Some routes even include console version of the scenarios so you can add them there too (mostly console version of the scenarios got less services or shorter formations)

Defined Theme - that ThemeDefinition file, that file include some other information for the route.

Frontend priority - if you dont like how DTG setup routes in the menu then you can change that number... its position in the menu (highest number should be the active new Route) and number 1 will be the last. So if you would like to have all DE routes togther, UK routes together and US routes together the you need to change those numbers there for yeach route... so for example US will be 1,2,3,4,5,6... UK will start with 7,8,9,10,11, etc... and DE can start with 15,16....

ThemeDefinition
    [​IMG]

http://www.trainsim.cz/obr5/themedefinition.jpg
    Im sure you are guessing right that this file is for Theme :) That is mostly what is showed in the menu for each route.
    You can usually find that file inside the Theme folder.

Name - route name
    Description - you can add the short description what is that route about :)
    Thumbnail texture - is not used anymore, that was that little button
    Button Texture - its the big button picture in the main menu
    Background texture - background when you go over the route with mouse in the menu
    Splash screen - its just generic screen (dont think its used anymore)
    Flag - that part was for setting the flags (feature of TSW 2, where there was flags in the menu - you can still fill it, maybe DTG will add that feature back)
    Brand icons - there you can add other logos, they will be showed in the menu under the each route
    Brands - predefined logos of some brands
    Male and Female outfit - drivers outfits
    Theme Elements - used usually for another configuration for the menu (before it was possible to add there Journey mode, but with new DLC there is less stuff there.
    UI Palette - should stay default like it is

As you can see ThemeDefinition is really just for the menu. And now the last part

RouteDefinition
    [​IMG]
    File which you can find inside the RouteDefinition folder include a lot of other settings for each route. So lets start.

DisplayName is Name of the route, Description is usually empty here as you describe the route in Theme Definition.
    Stat Tracking Name - under which name the game suppose to track your progress for that route
    Reward Level Data - file which define Rewards (when each reward suppose to pop up - it include Collectables, etc...)
    Level - thats the most interesting part as thats the definition of loaded map.... so if you create your own map (without rails for now) then you can add your map into the file and it will load when you will load some service :) Dont forget to place PlayerStart on the map.

If you have any question then you can ask them here and Me or Will or maybe somebody else will help you.
    RouteMapWidget - its widget for the menu where you see those points and highlighted paths when you are choosing services
    Route Details (start point, end point) - Start and End stations (updated version will bring Length, Country and Flag)
    Spawn points - names of the spawn points

Version of RouteDefinition which is included in our first version of editor is very limited... its missing temperature part, route max speed part, checkbox for using new passenger limit and even Characters clothes etc... We are going to release updated DataAssets anytime soon so you will just download updated version of main DLL file (not the whole editor again).

After update you will see there:
    Collectable groups - all collectables on the route
    Temperature Curve - route temperature
    StationDirectory - files which include all stations - that part is used for PIS too and i will explain it in another tutorial (or maybe somebody else will)
    Character Collection, Outfit Probabilities, Outfit Temperature Curve, Male and Female default outfit.

With all those three files which i explain today you can already make some magic with TSW :) Im sure you will have some fun with them (at least with those scenarios and timetables which are not included in the base game but they are left in the game). Just dont forget always make a duplicate of that cooked file (CTRL+W), delete the original and rename duplicate to original one. Once the file is uncooked you dont have to always duplicate it before you edit it. Thats just for first uncooking so the editor can cook it during cooking process (we are skipping cooked content).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  7. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Just a question from someone who doesn't understand much of the technical side - as seens in your pics, you can implement 3D Modells into the game which are probably not really functional, but they are there.

Would it be possible to put the IC-Cab coach 3D model at the end of an InterCity? Of course, it would not be driveable. But when the player is in the BR 101, it would be totally fine to just have not-functional cab coach.

8. trainsimcz

Sure, if you have 3D model :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Canis_Lupus

Canis_Lupus Member

Github says 404 Page not Found :-(

I have an Github Account and its linked to epic... :-/

10. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

I downloaded your editor and patch files.
    The editor won't start!
    Make a video.
    Thanks in advance!

11. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Question to the developers of Tsw 2 Unofficial Editor ... Where to unpack the editor files?
    1.To a separate folder?
    2. Or TSW 2?
    I unpacked the downloaded files into a separate folder! The editor won't start!

Please, instructions for installation and start-up!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  12. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Brilliant news, I hope you will be able to take it further and benefit everyone. Can't wait to see where this goes. Ideally you would have one site hosting the editor and mods. But this is a great step, who knows perhaps one day we can drive Trains at night, lol.

13. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Hey everyone do anyone know if there is another link to download this editor? seems the one posted is broken or something! Thanks in Advanced i really want to try this and see if i can edit some timetables or something :)

14. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The download link is working. Read all of the instructions.

Cheers

15. Will

Will Active Member

Try following the steps on this page: https://tsweditor.github.io/docs/install
    More articles will be added to that site over time for now there is just a page on how to install the editor.

• Like Like x 2
  16. oleg

oleg New Member

Greetings, do you plan to have a full-fledged editor for your own rolling stock or a purely experimental one, with the replacement of models?

17. Will

Will Active Member

Maybe one day it'll be a full-fledged editor but if it ever reaches that point, it'll be at least a few years time

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

How would creating a Scenario be possible and would it be ?? So how could I take Glasglow to Cathcart and create a Scenario ?? please?

19. trainsimcz

Creating scenarios is not possible right now, it will take some time until we release that option. Creating scenario is not only one step work, it require adding stuff to another places too so first you need to learn how to even work with the editor, how to create data asset files, edit other data asset files (there will be update soon with more data asset options).. then we will add more functions. Editor require still a lot of work... for example i can directly create as many scenarios from there as i want because i know how is the game working, what i need to do to add proper scenario. But basic user is not going to look thru the files to find some start point, some crazy ribbons numbers, etc... basic users want to just select and click and that require more work. So far we are only 2 who is working on that editor so its going slow to make that work for normal basic user.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tarolin

tarolin New Member

has the files gone wont let me download even though joined both github

21. tarolin

tarolin New Member

sorry just realised need to go to email and verify the link. all sorted

22. tarolin

tarolin New Member

i tryed using UnrealPak.exe but just comes up with a black box with writing but cant read as dissappear very quickly when check to see if content went in content folder it has not any advice?

23. Will

Will Active Member

UnrealPak is a command line tool so you'll need to open a cmd window and write a command in the following format to extract:
    UnrealPak.exe PATH_TO_PAK_FILE -Extract FOLDER_TO_EXTRACT_TO

24. gamerTV

gamerTV New Member

Hello, I tried to do something with the editor, but whenever you want to cook something, this error message comes in the output log. I have already installed the patch.

UATHelper: Cooking MAG_DB_BR423 (Windows): LogDataTable: Error: Missing RowStruct while emptying DataTable 'None.None'!
    UATHelper: Cooking MAG_DB_BR423 (Windows): LogDataTable: Error: Missing RowStruct while emptying DataTable 'None.None'!

25. Will

Will Active Member

It will always say it's failed to cook at the moment, but the files should of cooked and be located at: Plugins/PLUGIN_NAME/Saved/Cooked

26. SaMa1

SaMa1 Active Member

After having been waiting the editor for 3 years this sounds something. The allowed existence of this thread with hacking of Dovetail assets and property tells us something positive about the company.

By technical architecture and pipeline UE4 games were never meant to be easily modded afterwards. You can do everything with the original source asset files, but very few things without them. This is the reason there are very few UE4 games with good mod support available.

• Like Like x 2
  27. gamerTV

gamerTV New Member

Can someone explain how to pack the whole thing again, or rather say what you pack then.

28. Andrew Beeman

Andrew Beeman Member

I had to look this up myself because I couldn't believe it, but Matt, runs UKTS...

29. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Well, Matt's dad primarily, but yes

30. trainsimcz

While you are waiting for editor v0.2 which will add more options to editing data assets... (and maybe one extra surprise) here is one picture from work in progress ... this is not going to be included for now... but in one of those future updates you will be able to mess with RVV files - those are the main files which are including loco or wagons models + tons of components and functions :) Dont expect it anytime soon as its still work in progress... just want to show you what we are working on. This is for example model from last Rivets DLC.
    [​IMG]

and cab from DE loco:
    [​IMG]
    Those cameras in cab are the camera positions for your different types of view.

And here is result from testing with modded RVV file :) Donkey is driving with me and there is one camera monitor inside the cab... camera is outside on the left side of the loco capturing the back of the train...
    [​IMG]

Hope you are excited to try that out one day when its released to public :)

• Like Like x 9
  31. Andrew Beeman

Andrew Beeman Member

That looks awesome, as far as the lights go, does the UE editor allow you to change brightness? So maybe we can actually have US locos with bright headlights?

• Like Like x 1
  32. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this as well. Would be good to change light strenth, color and stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  33. mitzki_jp

mitzki_jp New Member

Hello. I'd like help.

When the thing extracted (Engine, TS2Prototype) from [TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor.pak] is placed under [Content\Content(maked)] in [opened UE-Editor.part1\TS2Prototype], and UNOFFICIAL EDITOR is started, the editor crashes when a corrupted file is detected in them while loading the asset files.

Until now, the data was not a problem for Vanilla play, but I reinstalled the game, I did verify integrity of game files on Steam, and although it was short, I did Vanilla play, and there seemed to be no problem. Even so, using the extracted files of that data caused a crash.

If only placed the extracted files from .pak files such as SandPatch, Koln, LUBakerLoo and DLC in the [opened UE-Editor.part1\TS2Prototype\Plugins], I got a read error, but it didn't crash.

What's wrong? What should I do? Can anyone please tell me? ScreenShot 2021-11-16 220443_a.png ScreenShot 2021-11-16 220513_a.png ScreenShot 2021-11-16 220555_a.png ScreenShot 2021-11-16 220623_a.png

34. Will

Will Active Member

Firstly the contents of UE-Editor.part1 must be extracted. There is a guide on doing this here: https://tsweditor.github.io/docs/install/#extracting

The corrupt error can occur if placing cooked files in a content folder while the editor is open, so ensure the editor is closed while extracting any '.pak' files.

When extracting a '.pak' file only the contents of the 'Content' folders should be copied. After extracting the core '.pak' file the folder structure of the editor should match this: [Editor Folder]\TS2Prototype\Content\Core

35. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Well i've downloaded Blender to have a whirl with :)

• Like Like x 1
  36. mitzki_jp

mitzki_jp New Member

Thank you. Thanks to you, the crash is gone and I was able to launch the editor.

I can opened something like an window for editing, and it seems that it also recognizes vehicle data.

There seems to be a lot of things that I don't know yet, I'll challenge it myself for a while. Thanks very much.

37. Will

Will Active Member

I recently made a thread announcing that I’m making a route using an in-development version of the unofficial editor. The links below are to two videos, the first one of when I initially got a bit of track working in game and the second clip is of the track laying tool. This tool won’t be available in the release version of the editor for quite a while as it still needs a lot of work.
    Track working in game:

Track Laying Tool:

• Like Like x 12
  38. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Nice. Can the track laying tool do stuff like easement of curves and superelevation? Or track unevenness?

39. Will

Will Active Member

It can do tack unevenness, but can't do easements or superelevation. This is something I plan on adding though, I aim to relay the track on the route I'm making when the easement tool is ready. As the route isn't too long it shouldn't be much more than a days work to replace the track.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Wow :o

But, you build the track inside UE or directly in the simulator's editor?

41. TurnOutLeft

TurnOutLeft New Member

It it possible to change the train station names e.g London to Pocahontas in the game?

• Like Like x 1
  42. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I found that when DTG lays out the scene trajectory, it is flat without any gradual effect. In fact, some of the railways in the scene are sinking, while the progressive railways in the distance look more real. Contained in: There are scenes on the Southeast Highway. It just came out of the hole. Judging from the realistic picture provided by the player, the hole has obvious gradients, but it is straight in the game.

43. trainsimcz

There is no simulator editor, we are working on unofficial editor and that one part of it ... track laying system so yeah this is build inside UE4, then cooked and then the map is loaded in game.

44. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

If only DTG would help with some basic tools this would benefit everyone.

45. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Ok, it's time to learn UE and how to develop inside there!

46. steej

steej New Member

This is amazing news.
    (Hi, im new here :) )

I picked up TSW2 on release in the hope that i could drive trains around local tracks.
    I was more than a little disappointed to find that wasn't possible.
    I then picked up TS2022 when i found out it had an editor..only to find out i had to pay for google maps if i wanted to do it accurately.

As I said I'm disappointed so far.
    I guess they've got my money now so don't have to release anything, but this unofficial editor looks like what I've been looking for.

So my questions please;
    1. Hows the track layer coming along?
    2. Can I place a a free alternative to google maps overlay, or a different free version, to lay tracks upon?

Finally, thank you for doing this. This is going to be great.

• Like Like x 1
  47. trainsimcz

Google overlay is free, they just want credit card in the account. There is big limit until you will have to pay (at least it was like that couple months ago)

We dont have any maps overlay working yet as it is not needed right now :) What you can do with editor right now is edit data assets files only. More features will come but track laying system will take a lot of time as so far we have only basic system working.

• Like Like x 3
  48. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

49. wreckingbang

wreckingbang New Member

Hello,

Can i build a Route with this editor in its current state?
    And if yes how do i get the rails and stuff into the editor?

50. trainsimcz

No, you cant build route with the editor right now. You can start building your scenery and once the track and signal system is done then you can just place rails.

• Like Like x 2