Xbox Powering America Part 1 Brake Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by steadfast, Aug 27, 2020.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

As far as a workaround, there's none that I have found to work. To skip it, in Settings turn off "autoload journeys," then manually enter Journey mode and select Part II.

2. jordan nufc

jordan nufc New Member

Hi Guys,

After much frustration and many attempts at this, I have finally figured it out.

Basically, get in the train, sit down, and put the brake to release straight away. Make sure it's the first thing you do, then carry on with all the other instructions as instructed by the game. This worked for me and it has done for others aswell.

Then the game will allow you to continue on as normal.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Morning!
    I've been trying to do Powering America Part 1 on Sand Patch on Xbox. I cannot get the icon to release the loco brake to go away. Everything else works as intended, the train loads fine and powers fine on slow speed control, but because I can't get this icon to go away, I can't get the drive to next location or whatever the next marker should be. Is this a glitch, or am I being stupid? I've tried reapplying and releasing the brake again, holding in bail off, both controller and dragging it in the cab. Brake cylinder shows zero, so definitely no brakes applied!
    Help appreciated

Cheers![/QUOTE]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. lopga

lopga New Member

Don't work for me :(

4. jeje

jeje New Member

Hello. I find a way to get rid of issue "independant brake logo never disappear", on Steam Forum for PC Game : maybe it works on Xbox, who know ??? ...
    So issue is FPS below 30 fps : you have to look at cab's celling while disengaging independant brake. Your FPS increase above 30 FPS, and game validate the action. I disengage FPS limitation in game options too (i don't know if there are such options on Xbox).

Source message on Steam Forum :
    " DanGuarneri a écrit :
    If you cant get past the 'Release the independent brake' objective to progress the scenario, try looking up at the ceiling of the cab ,which increases your FPS, as you release the brake.
    This works every time for me. The game did not register the independent brake being released if my FPS was below 30, but if I raised it to 60 it did. "

5. lopga

lopga New Member

Thank you very much that was the solution

6. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this solution. It worked for me. I'm playing on Steam. I have now completed this scenario.

7. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Neither that solution, nor the FPS increase or the first application of the brake, worked for me. I have been fooling around with this scenario for months and tried a few combinations today - nada! Then I rapidly applied and bailed off the independent brake after the loco passed under the loader and a few wagons were loaded - and BINGO it cycled to the next instruction and I was able to complete the scenario. And a Gold - go figure.

8. afraidcone10431

afraidcone10431 New Member

I originally came with OP's issue on Powering America Pt. I where the first "Release independent brake and apply power" notification will not clear. My apologies for not finding your name and quote exactly but someone in here suggested messing with the IFD settings, specifically, I saw someone increased their feed valve pressure to 92 which worked. This is how I got it to work for me. Across your Air Brake control screen you should have:
    Feed Valve Set: 92+ (I did 95) Auto Brake: Cut In Ind. Brake: Lead
    Once these settings are saved, apply full independent brake, and release it by holding it in bail off before releasing the handle, and your notification should clear. Basically, you're overcharging the brakes so they release "extra hard", "past" the game's predetermined release point if you will.
    As for the waiting for 5 minutes one, I haven't gotten to any mission where it's told me to wait for 5 minutes, only in Fully Fueled you have to wait for a minute or two for the pressure to build up but the game doesn't tell you about that wait, you just sit there confused until you hear all the final blowoffs running down the train.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The "five minutes" instruction was simply cut out of the scenario in a later patch.

10. beekay#9069

beekay#9069 New Member

This worked for me. I went through all the normal instructions and got to the spot where it asks to release the independent brake and apply power and did both but was still stuck on the step. Then I followed the instructions above and instead of pressing F8, pressed F6. Next I fully applied the independent brake and subsequently released it and this worked for me.

Note you'll need to reverse the quoted instructions to change the air brakes back into cut-in and lead in order to move the train.

11. theenigma91

theenigma91 New Member

Powering America part 1 on Xbox one I didn't use triggers or bumper for brakes I looked at the handles pressed A button and used analogue sticks took me ages to do it

Hope this helps

12. theenigma91

theenigma91 New Member

Powering America part 1 on Xbox one I didn't use triggers or bumper for brakes I looked at the handles pressed A button and used analogue sticks took me ages to figure it out

Hope this helps

13. theenigma91

theenigma91 New Member

14. theenigma91

theenigma91 New Member

15. obopesek#2178

obopesek#2178 New Member

Watch this, its resolved the brake issue..

16. obopesek#2178

obopesek#2178 New Member

It's work, I just finish this mission, the other way is, change the display setting to low, run the scenario, later you can save the game, then set the display setting you desired, resume scenario

17. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I found a solution online that involved increasing the brake pressure. I set it to 100 which cleared the release brakes step as soon as I reached that step! Was then able to continue the scenario as set

18. Kevinsim1046

Kevinsim1046 Active Member

Tried all the possible solutions today and it just won’t work for me, can’t get it to go away. This is game breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP! The fact that Dovetail have just allowed this to go on is ludicrous!