1972 Stock - Deadmans Position And How To Reset The Train

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 7orenz, Aug 26, 2020.

1. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

According with the TSW 2 Quick Start Guide I followed step by step all procedures to setup and move the train. I also accomplieshed the tutorial but apart this, I still have a big doubt about the correct procedures to reset the train and move it agan. In the Quick Guide there is nothing about the correct use of the Traction Brake Control (zero about the Deadmans Handle and Pressed position. And Im not a Tube train driver). So, if I enter the cab, -sit in seat, -insert the control key to IN, -set the control switch to On, -insert the direction selector key to In, -move the direction selector (ds) to Inter, -set the traction brake control (tbc) to emergency, -then move the tbc to Off and Release, -then Reset the Audible Warning Valve, then move the tbc to Rheo 1. Hold, -then move the ds to forward... At this point following the tutorial, my train will be ready to move, I have just to increase the tbc to shunt (1), 2 and 3, and decrease -1, -2,-3 in case i have to decrease the speed or stop the train. All pretty simple ingame, except for one thing: why, sometimes (in my mind, randomly, or for reasons the Quick Start Guide and I dont know) the Power/Throttle indicator has the red border and obviously when the HUD Throttle indicator has the red border the train wont move?

picture 1 = correct position (the Throttle indicator border is white)
    Train Sim World 2® 2020-08-26 03-58-35.png

picture 2 = for reasons I dont know here the Throttle indicator has the red border. And I cant move the train. Train Sim World 2® 2020-08-26 04-31-06.png

So, my question is simple: how can I reset the train and have again the Throttle indicator in the correct position (aka with the white border)?

Note: Since I moved the train (in picture 1) I never pressed any other button inside the cab, except open/close doors and TBC to arrest/move the train (and as you can see in the screens the doors are closed).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I think I've solved my question... It was the window. If the cab window is open, train won't move. (that the reason why I had the red border around the Throttle/Power indicator...) :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

There is a "switch" on the wall behind you to disable the window interlock, so you can drive with the window open. Enhances the sounds somewhat :)

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Good to know! Thank you :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Matt explained both things in one of the Q&A streams. Again, most people can't spend hours and hours to watch every stream. This info should be in a manual.

• Like Like x 14
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I fully agree! I seldom watch more than a few minutes of a stream because my rotten ATT internet "service" turns streams into puddles.

• Like Like x 2
  7. coffeeguy66

coffeeguy66 New Member

You just saved me from lobbing the remote control thru the TV screen! I couldn't make the train go, had the window open , arghhh! Read your post, closed the window and thank fook for that, we are moving! Oy vey!

8. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Ain't it crazy - it must be hot down there in those tunnels, so you open your window and the train won't move? Wow dats crazy man! :D

9. LastTrainToClarksville

Noxious fumes, perhaps? Or just air-borne dirt?

10. mancunian#7861

Both great reasons for closing your window but my exasperation was with the fact that if such window were open that the train wouldn't move or be driveable and it is a crazy notion surely? :)

BTW I love that song by the Monkees - have you heard the Slow Train by Flanders and Swann? Well worth a listen if you haven't!

11. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Or stick a limb/head out the window and get cleaned up by the tunnel wall...

Tube loading gauge is _very_ tight...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. mancunian#7861

What a great photo, Hiro! :love:

13. LastTrainToClarksville

One of my musical favorites since I was first introduced to their music in Canada -- many years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  14. anthonygeino1996

anthonygeino1996 New Member

Yep I'm still getting used to driving this old train lol

15. Noikar

Noikar New Member

I tried all this and I can't get the thing to move. Still have red around the throttle. I just loaded a savefile and nothing I do is making the train move

16. Noikar

Noikar New Member

Okay I re-reloaded the save and now I don't have red on the gauge but the train won't move at all still. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  17. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

It might be a problem with your save. The save function is broken. Try a new service

18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Its a known bug, associated with the MR failing to refill properly

19. truestone

truestone New Member

I've had this "rapid depressurization" a few times, and I'm well aware to keep away from the droplight on this train and the save function in general. I think it always happened while controlling the train with the keyboard while in an outside view, so above ground. Today, after saving and resuming, as expected to no avail, I clicked the menu's big RESTART button and spawned on the platform, instructed to load passengers, with no train to be found anywhere. I had to load the journey from the main menu (the 4th new journey, 200X-02).