Cornishmans View Of Wcl

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dave from Cornwall, Nov 12, 2021.

1. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Ultimately, they have done the train line, and the stations well.

Penzance is a tropical tree lined oasis, rather than the carparks and built up town I know.

St Michaels mount is just a tree covered blob with no obvious castle?

Coming through Camborne Redruth, they missed the modern head frames of South Crofty near Pool.
    Also in Camborne Redruth they have covered the hill- Carn Brea in trees and not got the castle or the Basset Monument on it. Also it seems further away than it should be.

From my office, I am right next to the trainline, and can very much see the Castle and monument!

I've attached roughly the right comparison from the game and a photo I took the other year.

Other than the doors not closing on the 150/2 its a good run.

D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I am very disappointed with the scenery too on the Branch Line. I too know it well.

The Godrevy lighthouse has been completely missed. The West Cornwall golf course has been crudely displayed. The Carbis Bay hotel shape is wrong and in St Ives the buildings look wrong and out of place. The Harbour wall and lighthouse has been missed off, as to has the PednOlva Hotel and Beach cafe on Porthminster Beach both missing too. The bridge on the line slopes towards the sea and Rivet have displayed it as a straight bridge.

This is an area of beautiful scenery and RIVET should do it justice. It deserves to be displayed properly. Come on RIVET and DTG and continue to work on this route and make it look as beautiful as it does in real life please. Cornwall is such a beautiful county and deserves to be portrayed properly in the game. This is the only route released so far, where I don’t feel I am in that area.

I would congratulate RIVET for the work put into the locomotives and Stations which look right, but please make the scenery look and feel Cornish!!!

Wouldn’t it be a wonderful Christmas present for TSW2 gamers, if Rivet worked hard and issued an update prior to Christmas Day for everyone to enjoy. I wouldn’t mind paying more to have the route look right!!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe because you don't know those areas so well.
    There are always things which aren't right on all the routes, probably because it would take months or years to make everything "just so"

upload_2021-11-14_9-15-51.png
    On the left, Gillingham level crossing in game, on the right GIllingham level crossing in real life.
    I could talk at some length as to how the in game on is wrong, but it's close enough for an imitation.
    Would I want all areas accurate? Maybe but it wouldn't enhance the driving experience too many percentage points for me

• Like Like x 3
  4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

To be fair there isn’t a lot of work to do to make WCL look and feel Cornish. I hope RIVET take it on board as they have the skeleton of an outstanding route and the opportunity to do it. I’d happily do it for them if they ask!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The stations are amazing. I spend far too much time for my sanity at Truro station and they have got it bang on

Just remember Carbis Bay Hotel in the 90's was a very much smaller hotel than now.

I think that they forgot landmarks.

People come to Cornwall to see certain things.

By getting the Cornish tourist attractions/landmarks wrong is a bit off?

D

• Like Like x 1
  6. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I wanted to know were PIS Screens supposed to be in WCL? As im sure they had them in the 90's

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The PIS screens were put in but currently aren't functional due to the differences between the modern systems ant the old CRT text based ones from the 80s/90s.
    They must have been added between the first release which was canned and the newer version with the NTP locos added.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1