What Is Up With This Container?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Nov 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

unknown-1.png

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

3. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I believe this week is transgender awareness week.

4. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

FFS

• Like Like x 6
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I take it this is a little rare livery, such as the Class 395's Trainbow and Medway liveries.

I heard elsewhere (don't know if it is true) that something along these lines does exist.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I also spotted it, and as others have said, it's likely a trans flag reference.

I usually find these badly done, but this one is kind of cute in my opinion. Nicely tucked between hundreds of other containers. And I like how there is only one of it in the whole consist, instead of overdoing it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I think members of this forum should complain as it’s upside down…

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinosbacsi

I'm not good with containers, is it really upaide down?

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Have you got a problem with some people being transgender ?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Why is it that every developer needs to shove his politcal agenda into his products today. Outside of the gaming and film industries, politics are absolutely avoided when dealing with customers and there are good reasons for it.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Dinosbacsi

I get what you say, but this is more of a small "easter egg" type thing, than actual politics being shoved down your throat.

12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The only special containers I know of are Hub Groups #CauseContainers. Most container companies most likely don't do this for cost reasons, hell most companies barely repaint the ones they own that they acquired from other names.....

EXb4WKqXsAAO93R.jpg C3HvILoW8AA4O-t.jpg DMbvEVtUQAAEC_e-1024x768.jpg DP_pPqXWkAUO19T.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Labra

Labra Member

Maersk had a couple of rainbow pride containers that went on a world tour earlier this year but I'm not sure if they've entered into normal rotation since.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I really don't see an issue with this kind of small thing. I wouldn't have even known what that container is referencing if not for this thread. It's not like there's suddenly politics in TSW.

By the way, welcome to the forums, Labra! :D

• Like Like x 10
  15. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I'm very OK with this. Acknowledgment and acceptance of people shouldn't be seen as a political agenda, it's just decency.

• Like Like x 21
  16. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

LGBQTSW2 :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Waiting for the first people to get triggered by some peacefully meaning symbols. TSW tries to be an inclusive game (easier to learn than TS, the newly made "dot" in the center, voice overs in the tutorials, different languages). It's nice to see that TSW expands it's ways to be more inclusive. The trainbow was a cool little feature. And I hope some more of these easter eggs with peaceful symbols will appear. Peace is not a political view, peace is a desire of humanity.

• Like Like x 17
  18. Labra

Labra Member

Thank you kindly. I've been reading the forums for a very long time so I thought I might as well have a way to contribute every now and then. :D
    I get the immediate association some people draw since politics is a huge part of how societal change is brought about but not every small acknowledgement is "shoving politics down your throat", especially if it's just a small trans pride easter egg. But if you're LGBTQ+ you eventually get used to everything that's got to do with your existence being deemed "political" at the drop of a hat.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Eh, I won't denied they tried, but frankly they failed in so many respects. The tutorials are better in many ways than the TS Classic ones for sure, but also it's lacking manuals, which is huge blow to accessibility as it there's so many systems unexplained in TSW. Also there's the fact that a huge chunk of the loco in TS Classic have more basic simulation than in TSW. Obviously it's not great for the hardcore player base, but if you're purely looking for basic train sim stuff TS Classic is great for beginners because of that fact.

I don't get why you're highlighting TSW having multiple languages, TS Classic also has that, and at least DTG I believe do full translations for their products. I also wouldn't really call the dot a accessibility feature, your mouse cursor is almost certainly gonna be easier to see than that dot after all.

The only one of those I'd truly consider a full on improvement over TS Classic is the voice overs, but even that's lacking. Sure they're good to have in the tutorials, but the moment you're done with those you're not really gonna hear them again. It should be implemented on a far wide scale, for example maybe take a page out of the MSFS play book and have the option to play voice overs that tell you what switches and knobs you need to pull.

20. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's not politics, if you see it in real world it is perfectly OK to have it in the game as well. Besides that any from of discrimination is not OK.

• Like Like x 5
  21. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Mich yes, thank you for your comment on that. I absolutely agree: TSW has much more potential to become a more inclusive and accessible game. I didn't want to say, that the game is perfectly accessible - infact it is not. Much more needs to be done. But the first steps they took are fine. Also the fact that you can change the HUD to a certain amount and make it more personal is a fine thing.

The fact that TS classics also had multilangual support, doesn't mean it is less worth to have it in TSW.

And concerning the dot - i don't know how much it helps to be more accessible. Can I ask you if you are in any way handicapped in terms of sight? If yes, that's very valuable feedback for DTG that the dot doesn't make anything better. But if you are fortunate enough to not be handicapped, then I don't think that your judgement of the Dot is very valuable concerning accessiblility. And it is still a function that you can turn off the dot if you don't like it. So in the best case, at least one handicapped person judges this Dot as useful. And in the worst case, nobody thinks so but it doesn't diminish the experience for anyone because you don't have to turn this function on.

Again - i totally agree that TSW has to get more accessible, but it's nice to see that the effort is there to do so. And I think especially Matt is always open for ideas to make TSW more inclusive and accessible.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Whether i do or i dont is totally a private thing that doesn't belong in a train simulation game. Although as a someone as put in a previous post. If it exists in the real world then why not

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

24. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Hello, I don't play TSW 2 (more of a TS20XX kinda gal) but I just want to chime in by saying that, as a fellow LGBTQA+ person, I agree with you so much, and I am thrilled to see this in game.

Trans rights!

• Like Like x 8
  25. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I suspect it went down well in the western hemisphere but I imagine they quickly pulled it after they’d got the PR attention they wanted.

I doubt they’d want to send too many of these to their customers in some Asian and African countries, some of who’s laws permit the death penalty and many who’s laws demand at least life imprisonment for being gay.

• Like Like x 1
  26. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

It kinda blows my mind that no one's mentioned this, but...

Have you lads stopped for a second to think that maybe, just maybe this is that one feature that's still in development? Remember when it was mentioned that containers could possibly be brought into livery designer?
    What are the odds that maybe a dev/artist dabbled around with a simple paint job to test this feature out, and what we're seeing are the results?
    It sure doesn't sound too far-fetched, now does it? :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

[REMOVED AT POSTER'S REQUEST] (JD)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  28. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Can I just say, as a gay/bi guy, that I find the trend of shoving these "pride" things everywhere completely patronising and disingenious (this applies to real-life and virtual reality). Especially coming from a company.

• Like Like x 13
  29. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I can totally understand, often it's really too much and overdone. But I feel like a small thing like this is pretty fun/cute. As I said, like a small easter egg.

I do wonder though if it's actually going to be in the game or not. In the video it was only one container. Having more in the game would look pretty silly. Maybe a special container with a very low spawn chance?

30. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Alrighty, as this thread is going nowhere. I believe the OP has had their question answered.

The container is similar the the addition of the trainbow. And if you aren't keen on it, fortunately there are 99+ other containers you can look at instead.

• Like Like x 33
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.