Liveries Don't Load Properly In Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SubwayRailfanner, Nov 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

So I don't know if am the only one having this issue but I don't think this used to happen before. If I drive a train that already has it's own livery and when I go to pass a AI Train with my custom livery on it the game struggles to load the livery and the train itself. The game is able to load the first train car but other cars behind it are invisible and loads up late when I already had passed the train. It's really annoying. This issue does not happen when am using the livery on the train since it's technically already loaded for my whole journey. I was using scenario planner and I do remember it happening to me in timetable as well. Please TrainSim-Matt or DTG JD take a look at this issue. It's so annoying to the point i had to take the livery off the train.

Another issue is when you make multiple copies of one livery the game will give you a save error and delete all you hard worked on liveries. This happened to me 5 times now and I had to remake everything. Am on a regular ps4. If you do plan to make a train world 3 please consider allowing to transfer of over our liveries.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hi Lonewolf,

Yes, I have the same issue on my PS4. It only seems to be only Multiple Units and not on Locos, and as you say, not if you are already driving in said livery. From what I've heard from other users it is a memory issue on PS4 and this doesn't happen on PS5.

Screenshot (255).png

• Like Like x 1
  3. SubwayRailfanner

Glad it wasn't just only me but do you think they are able to fix this issue? I don't think they are aware of this problem since it's been happening for awhile now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I don’t think that train’s getting to its destination…

• Like Like x 1
  5. SubwayRailfanner

True lol

6. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yep, raised this issue a few weeks ago when they did the livery comp, but Nat very kindly told me to instead remain on topic.

Not sure DTG are even aware that this issue still exists.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

They are. I just logged a ticked yesterday (after I was very disappointed to come across this issue following my first try to actually reproduce an existing livery) and support replied that they are aware of the issue. I‘d wager the large number of priority issues being worked on right now took precedence over this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They mentioned in a stream over a month ago that the fix was in testing. It's probably been out-prioritised by the whole world of other PS5 troubles and will turn up at some point, if it worked as planned.

10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We are certainly aware, I currently have no new information to share. I will chase it up with the team to see if any progress has been made and update you when we have further details.

• Like Like x 5
  11. SubwayRailfanner

Thanks for the update!

12. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Also it can often be mistaken that other people will have already reported the issue and so you don't need to. If you are experiencing this please can you submit a support ticket if you haven't already.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SubwayRailfanner

Is anyone on PS4 still having this issue?

14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I had this yesterday in my stream on London Brighton, One of the 387s had a coach that looked as though the livery was just thrown up. Its been happening since livery designer went live and it's really (not to me anyway) a serious bug just more like a WTF moment.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  15. SubwayRailfanner

This bug really annoys me lol. Just seeing train cars missing when passing by kinda ruins the experience for me.

• Like Like x 1