Hire Better Qa Testers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FallenAngel00me, Nov 16, 2021.

1. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I can understand there being a few bugs missed in the timetable mode, but absolutely unacceptable that almost every DLC has a scenario where something bugs out and prohibits completion. Do you only play scenarios once and pass it if it completes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

the major issue is that most trains don’t have the correct sounds or physics. They need to be hiring real engineers and real train drivers to test these products. Clearly the stats on paper are not nearly enough to provide accurate performance and braking physics in the game

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Even the most basic of testers could catch a ton of these issues, so I don't think they're doing anything wrong. Frankly it seems to be DTG either not having enough staff, time, or a combination of the two that is causing the problem. And when you consider they make something like six routes a year for TSW on top of a handful of loco DLC that's hardly a surprise. Honestly I think they would need to cut down their output to something like two or three routes a year to give their routes the proper amount of development time to really fix most these issues. With that said while I think that's absolutely what they should do, I doubt they're ever gonna make such a drastic cut to their output.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Honestly, I know a few minor bugs will slip through, but scenarios are set in stone and should be simple to play through and find things that stop completion. It's inexcusable

• Like Like x 2
  5. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

QA testers find and report bugs, they don't fix them or prioritize the fixes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

They delayed the Cornwall Local release to fix up some bugs so it was in an better state before being released for example. It's not really that they don't care imo, more that it's not possible to catch every bug during development.

7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Does someone know if the red light bug in HLL was already present in the journey mode when it was released? I read somewhere that this bug was introduced with an update. When I played HLL and after 5 scenarios was introduced to the red light bug I made the same comment as the OP as it seemed like the Q&A tester didn't even finish chapter 1 of the journey.

So not sure if Q&A is always to blame because I'm sure that Q&A doesn't test all the older routes with every update they release.

• Like Like x 1