Lirr - Station Stopping

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dkreveller#9240, Nov 18, 2021.

1. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

Hello all,
    Was doing an timetable service from Ronkonma to New York Pen with an M7. While stopped at Kew Gardens station in particular I noticed that for the station length there was no feasible way all of the 8 consists could disembark the passengers without walking halfway up the train to get to an consist that was near the platform.
    Is that representative of an IRL service?

Cheers

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I believe that is prototypical, yes. On real life as well, certain trains will overhang those stations.

In those situations the conductor will make an announcement, warning the passengers that only the first 4 cars of the train will fit the platform, therefore only the doors on the first 4 car will open.

Sadly TSW doesn't simulate the latter and opens all doors anyway, but in real life only the cars that fit the platform would open their doors. Technically you can also do it in game, if you were to use the door control panel in the fourth car to open only the forward doors - just like the real conductor does in real life.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

that does make more sense in an situation like that, at least it's kept simple.

4. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

As someone who lives in NYC, that has taken that line and even got off on Kew Gardens stop once or twice, I concur this is exactly how it takes place on the prototype.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I did wonder a couple of times when I was hanging out the back so to speak