Bahnstrecke: Strasbourg Karlsruhe (bugs/issues)

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by markandrei24, Oct 15, 2021.

1. markandrei24

markandrei24 Active Member

Hello,

I recently purchased the Strasbourg - Karlsruhe route today. But here are the bugs/issues I found on this DLC:

Note: Edited Screenshots will be attached here. I tested the rolling stock and route as well before making this post. Not all screenshots were included based on the issues I will be posting.

List of issues I found:

1. (ICE 3M and BR 101) No PZB initial restrictive monitoring when turned on.
    2. (ICE 3M) Cab light keyboard command not working.
    3. (ICE 3M) AFB indicator on the right screen (AFB side) not synchronized to speed setting.
    4. (ICE 3M) No speed indication on the speedometer when LZB is enabled using the LZB toggle key.
    5. (ICE 3M) No LZB distance bar indicator when LZB is enabled (if next limit distance is less than 4km)
    6. (ICE 3M) Train cannot reach 300-320 km/h when TVM430 commands up to 300 or 320.
    7. (ICE 3M and BR 186) No KVB test indicators (as the TGV does) when testing KVB (If “Test” button on KVB panel was long pressed).
    8. (ICE 3M) No LZB active sound when automatically passed. If LZB active key wasn’t used. (See edit)
    9. (ICE 3M) Voltage change procedure not simulated
    10. (ICE 3M) “Ende” light on LZB not flashing when LZB intervention was enabled until it was acknowledged by PZB free key
    11. (TGV) TVM430 Not working even keys are pressed
    12. (TGV) Brake position in “Apply” when in start, it should be in “Hold” position.
    13. (TGV) Audible sound (störung) when applying brakes (not in “Emergency” position)
    14. (TGV) Acceleration Physics bug (0 to 300 km/h in 1+ minute) – not that short in reality and may depend on gradient
    15. (TGV) Pantograph errors on AI train operation (found when playing the ICE 3M scenario on this route).
    16. (TGV) Dynamic brake broken (when 1. Applying train brake and 2. Turning AFB from ON to OFF. Fully functioning when AFB in use)
    17. (TGV) No LZB distance indication when next speed limit is more than 4km.
    18. (TGV) Sifa does not apply braking (and audible sound) when not acknowledged after 2.5 seconds
    19. (BR 186) No KVB function, only “Test”
    20. (BR 186) Incorrect notch on AFB, Throttle and Train Brake. (not in reality)
    21. (BR 186 and BR 146) No LZB distance bar and indicator when LZB is used
    22. (BR 186) “Ende” light continues to flash even LZB intervention was acknowledged.
    23. (BR 101) AFB Not working even pressed with Y or C key
    24. (BR 101) LZB Limit reached to 250 km/h even the maximum capability is at 220 km/h.
    25. (BR 146 and DB DABpbzkfa) PZB does not run in background when LZB is active.
    Notes:
    1. Note that I did not try freight scenarios included for this route, not my preference.
    2. Tests were performed in Quick Drive Scenarios on some routes, and an ICE 3M scenario included for this route.
    3. I don’t know if speed limits (signs) on parts of the route are incorrect.
    Edited Screenshots (click to enlarge):
    Slide1.PNG Slide2.PNG Slide3.PNG Slide4.PNG Slide5.PNG

Question: Anyone who owns this route experienced the same problem?

EDIT – Follow-up (some more testing):
    • (ICE 3M) LZB Active sounds when entering LZB Section. (Issue #8 is only false alarm)
    • (ICE 3M) I managed to speed test this train, reached 294 km/h on this route. Cannot achieve until 320 km/h (on flat gradient)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. markandrei24

Some more screens of the issues I've mentioned:
    Slide6.PNG Slide7.PNG Slide8.PNG

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

markandrei24 - thanks for this info - quite a lot of bugs there :o
    I will take it off my Xmas wish list and save some money. :)

A question regarding the BR 101 and the AFB not working
    Do you need to switch the AFB on first with Ctrl+A?
    I notice it is not mentioned in the manual.

4. markandrei24

CTRL+A not needed to switch on the AFB, only Y or C keys (as tested in Quick Drive).

Note: I did some testing, AFB works fine in the BR 101 Without LZB enabled (or LZB active), it only broke when LZB intervention is enabled (Using Ctrl + Numpad+ key).

Edited Screenshot included:

Slide9.png

Follow-up: (Edit)
    Please let me know if PZB/KVB implementations on some signals incorrect. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  5. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

some further issues can be found in QuickDrive:
    Starting as RE in Karlsruhe to Offenburg, short after leaving Karlsruhe: AI collision (happened between Karlsruhe and Ettlingen).
    And some other QD´s you can´t finish at the destination (happened as RE at Karlsruhe) because the track is blocked by AI-train (respectively the player trains should stop at a track where a AI spawn point is placed).

6. markandrei24

I can confirm this issue, that QD from Karlsruhe to (RE) Offenburg has an AI collision. Attaching screenshots and I will quote what it said on "Game Over Error" message:

20211022155004_1.jpg 20211022155023_1.jpg 20211022155024_1.jpg

7. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

DTG, When can we expect a fix of these bugs? It was supposed to be fixed.

8. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Nearly bought this. Will wait for fix.

9. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

According to the manual, KVB can be activated on the TGV Duplex by pressing CTRL + NumpadEnter. But CTRL+NumpadEnter instead toggles PZB (same as Shift + 8) instead.

Similarly, TVM should be activated by pressing CTRL + NumpadAdd. But when I do this... nothing happens. Also the KVB Active and TVM Active button combos (add SHIFT to the ones above) don't work at all.

The older TGV Duplex (that comes with the LGV routes) activates TVM as soon as you drive over a beacon... the KS one does not.

Anyone got it to work? Is the key combo different than what is stated in the manual?

10. VictorHugoVS

I try to activate manually and it still doesn't work. I expect an official solution from Dovetail Games as soon as possible.

11. VictorHugoVS

I just commented in another thread about the issues that weren't fixed. Will the DTG team fix these issues or ignore the identified issues? What's hard is fixing a problem and releasing an update on Steam?

12. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

I believe it is the fact that it makes them no money to do so.

13. VictorHugoVS

I opened Steam and saw that it had an update, and I came to check it out on the forum. They updated the DLC, hope the TGV is better, I'll test it now. And it also looks like now actually fastload will be working by default.

I would like support to be like that, with updates to fix the outstanding bugs, we report the bug, and they fix it, it's good for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

I concur with this. I find it rather silly that we have to report bugs here on the forums instead to support. For example, I reported the alerter button not working with the Acela and the ASCES and ATC turning themsleves off on the Washington to Baltimore route to support repeatedly, to no avail.

Glad to hear an update is out, and do let me know how it is - I am keen on this route, just not in its current state.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

16. VictorHugoVS

I came here to say that, the LZB system is strange, I made two trips from Strasbourg to Karlsruhe, and the LZB does not take control of the train, that is, when passing through Baden-Baden, towards Karlsruhe, the system should control the speed of the train, decrease, but that's not what happens, I'm still not satisfied.

As for the TVM system, I don't know if it's the route it doesn't have, but it's not working properly, the three triangles being red, on some occasions, it was marking 80 speed, but for a few seconds. On the second trip, I left it deactivated, and the train could go above 80.

The controls for activating KVB and PZB are the same, but it seems to activate only PZB, this is a bit vague, I should explain more in the manual how it works, and if you have problems, fix it. And also improve the tips that appear in the upper right corner, because instead of something like "LZB On", the writing is a little buggy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. markandrei24

I've finally gotten the route's update. Here are the updates on this thread (did some tests as of 19 November 2021):

Fixed:
    • (TGV) TVM430 Operable (Command: CTRL + Numpad Plus key)
    • (TGV) Dynamic braking works correctly
    Not Fixed:
    • (TGV) Acceleration sensitivity (I don't know if this corresponds to reality?)
    • (TGV) LZB remaining distance not showing if next limit is above 4000m.
    • (TGV) Braking intervention (like LZB/PZB if overspeed and/or SIFA not acknowledged with audible sound) not working. Braking intervention only works if over speeding on a TVM/KVB section.
    • (ICE 3M) (issues mentioned on first post)
    Already an issue since first release:
    • (TGV) Unknown strange behavior on traction power change if AFB is enabled (e.g. 100% to any above 0% throttle and vice-versa)
    • (TGV) Not functioning Neutral Sections on LGV (for players owning the LGV routes like me).
    • (TGV) AFB exceeds LZB speed limit when LZB is enabled (See post #16 - same issue).
    Other notes:
    1. No fixes for ICE 3M issues related to LZB speed limit indicator (below the speedometer) as of current update :( .
    2. For the TVM430 on the TGV to work properly, it should be run on LGV Marseille Avignon or/with LGV Rhone Alpes and Mediteranee Extension and/or London Faversham High Speed installed. Please report results here. Thanks
    Some screenshots:
    Slide1.PNG Slide2.PNG

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. VictorHugoVS

I am aware of these errors, I would like DTG to fix them as it is a very fun route to play if you didn't have these issues.

• Like Like x 2
  19. VictorHugoVS

Hello, it's been 2 months since the last update, and I'm still bothered by the problems that were not fixed in the TGV, mainly the Braking intervention for LZB and SIFA.

DTG, can we have an update on this please? Waiting for answers.

• Like Like x 1