New Pc User Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xboxjonnyuk, Nov 19, 2021.

1. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Hi all,

ive just moved from series x to a new gaming pc and I had train sim world and season ticket for rush hour and almost all the addons through the Xbox store. Can I use these on the pc and do they carry over or I need to buy everything again?
    Thanks in advance, John.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Sadly not, the two versions of the game (or rather the game stores - Steam/Epic and Microsoft) aren't compatible.
    I believe there's a Windows Store version that links to your xbox account but I'm not too sure on that, maybe worth looking into that.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

When you bought the xbox version it was that platform that you bought the license for. Unfortunately these are not transferable across platforms, and neither are your statuses or achievements

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

5. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Thanks for all your replies chaps and much appreciated and is this still the case if I’m game pass ultimate member?

6. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I don’t think TSW is still on game pass, unfortunately.

7. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Ok that’s a shame and looks like I’ll have to buy everything all over again. Thanks for your help.

8. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

an alternative to buying it all over again, is to just obtain new dlc that you didn't own on your xbox version of the game. That way it doesn't feel like your forking out twice for the same content.

9. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Yes it’s true even though I had almost everything )) Not to worry and I’ll add what I played the most in the beginning and interested to see how it looks on a high spec pc compared to series x even though it was still good quality graphics on the console

10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be a night and day difference to be honest, it will be better but a series x I believe is comparable to high settings so you're only really going to gain if your graphics card has the head room to increase screen percentage and put settings on ultra.
    It will still tile load and stutter a bit, mine does on a high end pc.
    Beyond that you're needing to delve into mods and engine tweaks which will improve but could drop your fps off a cliff.
    Search for peoples ini and engine settings here and tinker away.

11. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Yes I wondered if it would make a big difference or not and I have an AMD5900X and 3080TI so not sure if I’ll be ok on ultra but will have a play around and see

12. chieflongshin

xboxjonnyuk youll simply blow it out the water. I run a 2080ti and yours is a third better as a rule of thumb in terms of horsepower I believe. You've got plenty of headroom. This game will not test that at all

13. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Ok great and that’s good to know, thanks a lot

14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Small positive side (useful to relieve some pain) is that on Steam there are sales (even 40-60%) almost monthly. Excellent window to buy back old DLCs even on PC, paying half the price.

The next one should start in about a week: https://steamdb.info/sales/history/

15. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Cheers! I’m actually just on there now and setup an account and was wondering where the best place is for pc games in general as so new to the pc as I’d been a console user for years so it’s all a bit of a learning curve but exciting!
    I think what I’ll do is buy the base game and some of the routes I used a lot and new ones I was yet to purchase and that seems the most sensible route for now and yes I can see they seem to have some good discounts on there to be fair, thanks!

16. chieflongshin

Steams good for most games
    Epic game store will have some of the others
    You can carry on using game pass

always check cdkeys.com as you'll
    Pick up nearly everything up cheaper there(digital code)

Enjoy

• Like Like x 1