Tehachapi Pass Scenario Pack 01!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer2020, Nov 20, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Seems you are forced to buy Tehachapi Pass: Mojave - Bakersfield Route Add-On,Montana Hi-Line: Shelby - Havre Route Add-On; Arizona Divide: Winslow - Williams Route Add-On; Southern Pacific SD45T-2 Loco Add-On; and Southern Pacific U33C Loco Add-On to buy/own Tehachapi Pass Scenario Pack 01.

Could been better if they sell all in a package instead of needing to buy it sperate.

2. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

What I am about to say may sound cynical, but given the quality of the rolling stock included with Tehachapi Pass, I am very glad that the fine folks over at High Iron made these requirements for other routes and stock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

I'm not trying to have a go at you. I fear you may have not quite got the idea of SCENARIO packs. Discounting the other dlc requirements for a second, it is, IMO, more than reasonable to expect the user to have the actual ROUTE that the pack is designed for, that's why these packs come out - to add further play value to the routes themselves. Any extra locomotives are usually a requirement for SOME of the pack's included scenarios, but not ALL. One could enjoy certain scenarios then purchase the extras at a later date. Check out other scenario packs, they are all like that. Granted one or two may only need the original route itself.

"Hey I heard you like DLC. So here's soem more DLC to add to your DLC" :cool:

Now it might be a nice idea going forward if the route came bundled with scenario packs. Obviously it would cost more than the route itself, but should of course be less than buying the route and packs separately. Who knows, perhaps DTG might take this on board?

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I already own some of those routes - If they did it as a package then I would have to buy what I own - again!
    If you don't own the locos/wagons then swap them for ones you do own

5. trainsimplayer2020

I also own the Montana route and the Southern Pacific locos but what I mean is that they can price the package what you only need.

Means the more you own the less you have to pay and if you do not own any of it then full price.

6. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

That's...not how that works at all? The scenario pack is 9.99 in total. You can run it if you only own some of the rolling stock, but some scenarios will be unavailable to you. You could swap rolling stock with TS-Tools, for example, if you wished. But the price of the scenario pack is fixed.

7. trainsimplayer2020

Some games it works like that and also on some DLC on Trainsimulator it is lower if you own a part of the package

8. JaneyBananey

JaneyBananey Member

Y...e...es?

This is for Steam bundles...not for scenario packs, and yes, it works for some games like that, but...you're not buying the bundled rolling stock? You're just buying scenario templates that use other stock?

I don't understand your point.

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think that he is suggesting a steam bundle (the complete my collection kind of pack) with all the requirements and the pack itself. Something like the Soldier Summit collection or like that.

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That's the way it has always been. For good and realistic scenarios you need more rolling stock. Nobody forces you to buy anything. You might as well play workshop scenarios demanding just the stuff you have. I wouldn't blame DTG for that. Those scenarios are using what is available in the big TS world to get the most out of it.;)

• Like Like x 2