London Commuter On Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lois1985, Nov 20, 2021.

1. lois1985

lois1985 New Member

Sorry if this has aldredy been adressed but the brighton - london route is basically unplayable on a PS4. I've pretty much wasted my money on this one. It's a mess and jittering all over the shop - vison and audio. Sorry if this has already been adressed, i've only downloaded the route and been annoyed.

2. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

You should have read the threads here BEFORE you bought it. That would have saved you 20 quid and the effort of starting a thread

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I play on PS4 and I am very pleased with the route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I played on PS4 and never had an issue, Always ran smoothly for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Then you have the wrong DLC. The original has only flaws.

6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it's honestly not, at least not on my console. There are the odd jitters as there are on most other routes on PS4 but it's far from unplayable. Not near as many crashes as on Dresden since the 1.55 update. Mostly 25-30FPS once you get out of Victoria. The audio of the class 377 and 387 and at stations is very good.

• Like Like x 3
  7. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I find it a bit of a laugh that is on special offer, at present. How can a company sell something with bugs, what does it make DTG look like and what type of respect do they have for their customers!

• Like Like x 2
  8. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Rush Hour was and still is a mess. And probably will be for quite awhile still. :|

• Like Like x 1
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

The weird thing is that Dresden was less problematic when it first came out. I made a new profile to restart Dresden and it has become as laggy as London Commuter was when it first came out. I can't even get passed the 2nd Journey mission in Chapter 1 because of a crash. That crash bug can't have been there when I first played it because I almost completed the entire journey.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Could it be possible London Commuter runs better for those on PS4 if they don’t have every TSW2 dlc or their hard drive isn’t nearly full with other games? There must be a reason why is seems to basically work for some but is a complete disaster for others

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

You are not alone in feeling that way. I bought it the day it came out and it was even worse then. There have been 2 updates since that have brought some improvement though it still needs alot of work to optimise performance especially on a standard PS4. As "shhweeet#4292" pointed out the amount of other TSW2 DLC you have installed may cause performances hits as will the amount of HDD space you have available.

Personally I only have about 8 routes installed (including those that came with the base game) and I run TSW2 off an external fast 1TB SSD. Both my 1TB internal drive and the SSD are at only around 50% usage yet I got serious performances issues with stuttering and frame rate drops.

There are two things I did that seem to improve performance on the PS4 for all games and not just TSW2.

1) Rebuild the database. Here is a link to the steps you need to follow.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/how-make-your-playstation-4-faster-database-rebuild

2) Reduce the settings size of video clips to the minimum allowed.
    https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/vcsettings.html

Both these steps increased performance on my PS4 and you may want to try them out to see if it helps. With the London - Brighton route something else that will increase performace is switching to the external camera to drive the service (press R3). This reduces visual lags/ framerate hits and you also get a hugely improved sound quality compared to that experienced in the cab.

I feel the same way as you do Lois1985 and felt conned when I bought the route. It has improved a bit and the steps I have described has made it playable for me but I think most people are still waiting for DTG to "optmise" it to a level where it is acceptable. Given the glacial pace at which DTG have responded to previous issues and fixes this could take a very long time.

12. ukpetey

After much protesting about how I wouldn’t purchase London Commuter, I’m afraid that the offer of £5 discount to £20 (I didn’t want the other season ticket routes) was too much to resist and I made my purchase, confident in the power of DTG to fix all the issues in the course of time.

To be fair, it isn’t ‘awful’ on my PS5. It’s the worst of any route in terms of frame rate issues and lag, by a long way. But in the few days I have had it, it hasn’t crashed and I haven’t got stuck forever at a red signal. So that’s all positive.

The in-cab sounds are poor, the AWS alarm/ping is almost impossible to hear. As a result of frame rate and sound issues, I decided randomly to try - independently of, but as per Chas’ post - driving from outside the cab using the external camera, and backing the view up to the very front of the cab windscreen. The improvement in the experience is remarkable, and brings a whole new dimension to the experience, not least the real feeling of speed! Plus it gives a fantastic view of the scenery, uncluttered from the inside of the cab. Not exactly realistic from a ‘drivers eye’ point of view, but loads of fun and very enjoyable

I think this could become my default way to drive and would recommend anyone to give it a go if you haven’t already

13. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

- London Commuter Feedback:
    >> 377 SN and 387 GX HASN'T BEEN FIXED YET the cab interior sound is unacceptable!
    >> Long Haul scenario is still out of order, not being able to complete it.
    >> Problems with AI trains crashing HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET.

14. ukpetey

I have uploaded a video to You Tube of my ‘fly’s eye view’, from the windscreen as it were!

• Like Like x 1
  15. tcmikaelsouza

I only play LBN with this camera as the sound inside the cockpit is ridiculous.

16. borg#1850

Very nice video and driving. Pity about the trees flickering and a few other issues. I am presuming this is a PS5? Looks like a great route for future purchase, once many other routes are fixed to encourage me to part with my money. Is it possible for DTG to produce a route with no bugs? I do have to ask that question. Even that they fix bugs quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Is it possible for any company to produce anything without bugs? I very much doubt it. It is all of them not just DTG.

18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Whats the problem with the sound for the 387 and 377? The only problem I have with the sound is if you have the drivers side window open and you get the Windrush type fx (which after a while loops.). I dont have that window open, as I find the sound annoying. My own personal preference there. I have the offside (righthand side) window open, not really have an issue there to be honest.

Cant remember what the long haul scenario is about will look later.

AI Trains crashing not really had that problem.

I had crashes when I arrive at a station whether its London Victoria or Brighton, and offload the passengers and then the game crashes. They have acknowledged why this has happened and hopefully a fix for this is in the works. (See last weeks Road map livestream for more info).

I am on a PS5 and use the PS5 version.
    the main problem I have is that both Dresden and London Brighton are that unstable due to the main reason of the game randomly crashing when you arrive at a station and chuck the passengers off I find its nigh on impossible to stream live from the PS5 so both dresden and LBL currently are off my Stream list because of this.

Also I think they are concentrating on sorting out the major issue at the moment of DLC size limit for the PS5. Yes its a pain that other bits are not being looked at / worked on because of this but believe me the PS5 DLC limit is a big pain in the ass to PS5 players. Especially those with all DLC that they have bought and paid for and have had to un-install.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  19. ukpetey

Thank you, and yes - PS5 playing the PS5 edition of the game

20. tcmikaelsouza

I've already said several times that the sound of the loco is very low, and there's a lot of noise with the window open, the scenario in question cannot be completed in reverse order, making it impossible to proceed with the scenario.

21. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Have you ever sat next to an open window on a train at speed? That "rushing" type noise is correct if you open the window on the DRIVERS side of the unit. That should sound like that. The sounds were sourced / provided by Armstrong Powerhouse who know a thing about recording audio from trains, so they know what they are doing. The only thing I would say about it that personally annoys me is the gap in the 26(?) second audio loop.
    I have been in the drivers seat of a Class 450 doing line speed between Southampton and Totton filming with the drivers side window lowered. Just to proove my point have a listen.

If the video starts at the beginning, then the footage starts at 14:32 (Or you might want to watch the whole video......).

But other than the gap in the looping sound the rest of the sound is correct and I would say no problem there. As for the scenario I cant say I have done it but will look later on.

Regards

Hentis

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. borg#1850

Well it was tongue in cheek really but, in all cases not enough true testing is done. Also in some ways some do even less than others.

23. tcmikaelsouza

man, you just run with the SEHS and ECW Electrostars and you'll notice the glaring difference in the cabin's internal volume, and that in LBN there is a serious problem, I've already done the test, other colleagues too, that's well known LBN locos generally have audio issues inside the cabin and need to be fixed.